Top 10 actresses with the highest potential ratings and their drama appearances' price tags (Jan 2017)
Tokyo Sports published a list of the top 10 actresses with the highest potential ratings as of Jan 2017 which is circulating only among the TV and advertising industry insiders on a regular basis. Based on the actresses' drama performances in 2016 and other factors, the ranking also determines the price tag (per episode basis) which they are expected to command for their drama appearances.
The lowest rank C starts from around JPY 500,000 followed by B which is between JPY 500,000 to less than a million. A is somewhere in the one million range while there are 2A, 3A, 4A and 5A ranks where 3A is around 2 million and 5A is for more than 4 million yen.
Numbers in brackets indicate the potential ratings which the actress is expected to be able to bring in while the number in bold indicates the minimum price tag for her appearance per drama episode:
1) Yonekura Ryoko (17.5%) - 5A = JPY 5.55m
2) Aragaki Yui (16.3%) - 3A = more than JPY 2m
3) Ishihara Satomi (15.5%) - 4A = more than JPY 2.5m
4) Ayase Haruka (15.5%) - 4A = more than JPY 3m
5) Kitagawa Keiko (14.8%) - 3A = more than JPY 2m
6) Nagasawa Masami (14.6%) - 3A = more than JPY 1.6m
7) Yoshitaka Yuriko (13.3%) - 3A = more than JPY 1.8m
8) Shibasaki Kou (13.2%) - 4A = more than JPY 2m
9) Arimura Kasumi (13.0%) - 2A = more than JPY 1.2m
10) Matsuoka Mayu (12.8%) - B = more than JPY 800,000