jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Shaving
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nacho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Shaving Reply with quote Back to top

do you use electric or regular blade? i use the disposal blade. it doesn't work very well. what do you guys recommend? which razor blade works well, or should I invest in an electric blade?
dono aisu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just put tape on the hairs and yank them off. Hurts like you wouldnt believe. At least there's not cuts or bleeding.

http://img15.exs.cx/img15/3336/Markus04.jpg

Last edited by dono aisu on Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Precious Bamboo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have a pink Venus Gillette razor and it keeps my legs smooth 'n' sexy. I want to try the Veet Bladeless razor too. It's supposed to make your legs smoother for much longer Big Grin

My wax machine broke and I miss it very much Sad
Akakage

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Precious Bamboo wrote:
I have a pink Venus Gillette razor and it keeps my legs smooth 'n' sexy. I want to try the Veet Bladeless razor too. It's supposed to make your legs smoother for much longer Big Grin

My wax machine broke and I miss it very much Sad

You have wax machine? wow..cool. Well I use Venus Gillette too..hehehe..high five to Precious Bamboo ! hehe
niko2x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i used to think i'd like to grow facial hair. but now, i kinda don't b/c it's such a pain to shave every day (if i were ABLE to grow any...) i shave about twice a week and that is enuff. Mr Green

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
i used to think i'd like to grow facial hair. but now, i kinda don't b/c it's such a pain to shave every day (if i were ABLE to grow any...) i shave about twice a week and that is enuff. Mr Green

Same here. I'd love to grow a goatee, but genetics frown against it. hehe

Oh, I use a rotary electric shaver... Norelco.
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Electric for me, Norelco but it's a bit old so I think I should go for a newer model one of these days. It's not that clean of a shave but neither are the blades I've used too and electric is just so much faster in the mornings hehe hehe
Buruburu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I dunno.. I've always found it that the electric takes much longer. Blades for me. Gillette Mach 3 is what I use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Norelco as well.... Must admit it is a lot faster and less messy versus conventional shaving. Dont have to spend all that time lathering up and stuff..
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:
Norelco as well.... Must admit it is a lot faster and less messy versus conventional shaving. Dont have to spend all that time lathering up and stuff..

yea and the lather smells too. Beaten
niko2x

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Same here. I'd love to grow a goatee, but genetics frown against it. hehe
so i'm sure you've heard of this:
why don't you put some milk on your chin and let a cat lick off your "stubbles"...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lately I use Nair. Works like a DREAM. Bald for longer and hair grows in thinner hehe Mr Green If I shave, I use men's razors. They are WAY better than women's razors. My fave for years has been the men's Gilette Sensor Excel. Wink
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was still only shaving twice a week well into my twenties.

Then the Viking in me reared his ugly head.

The annoying thing was... just about the time my beard started getting heavy, I started wearing good shirts and ties for work, or evenings out.

It's amazing how quickly heavy stubble can wear through the collar of a good shirt, and the top of an expensive tie. Scary how many good shirts and ties I've had to toss because my beard worked on them like sandpaper.

I've never found an electric razor worth a damn.

Like Buruburu, I'm a Gillette Mach 3 man myself.

And thank Santa a few companies still make shaving soap and decent shaving brushes. Lather out of a can is for people with much thicker skin than mine.
Precious Bamboo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Lately I use Nair. Works like a DREAM. Bald for longer and hair grows in thinner

Nair works nicely for the legs but I'm too scared to use it at all now. Once I put it on a place I shouldn't have and it BURNED for days.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
so i'm sure you've heard of this:
why don't you put some milk on your chin and let a cat lick off your "stubbles"...

Actually, I haven't... But if you know how to get a woman to do that, then you've got something... Big Grin hehe
TANG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i hate hair on my body, so i shave every other day with a venus razor and my secret recipe shaving cream. and now i barely have to shave at all and im smooth as a baby's butt.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Precious Bamboo wrote:
Quote:
Lately I use Nair. Works like a DREAM. Bald for longer and hair grows in thinner

Nair works nicely for the legs but I'm too scared to use it at all now. Once I put it on a place I shouldn't have and it BURNED for days.

For "that place" you have to grow a tolerance hehe You do need to leave it on longer there for it to be effective, but your skin has to grow used to that extra time.

For underarms, you have to be really careful too. I have a burn right now from leaving it on just a tiny bit too long. Cry So yeah, for the past couple days applying deodorant has hurt Sad

For me, Nair is way better than accidentally cutting myself with a razor. Razor burn and/or cuts hurt like a m0f0. When I cut myself it's always on my knees, my ankles, or right where my shin bone sticks out Mad Plus with Nair, you can't miss a spot Mr Green Some people break out in rashes from Nair though...
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:45 pm    Post subject: Re: shaving Reply with quote Back to top

Nacho wrote:
do you use electric or regular blade? i use the disposal blade. it doesn't work very well. what do you guys recommend? which razor blade works well, or should I invest in an electric blade?

I shave. And trust me, if you want to know about hair, ask an Okinawan (me). We are hairy bastards!!!!!!!

I use the Gillette Mach 3. Works like a charm! And chicks dig it! Big Grin Big Grin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: shaving Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:

if you want to know about hair, ask an Okinawan (me). We are hairy bastards!!!!!!!

rofl ..But I totally believe you..I saw Da Pump in concert the other day and..they are hairy bastards!!! Sweat
ahochaude

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Re: shaving Reply with quote Back to top

Akakage wrote:

rofl ..But I totally believe you..I saw Da Pump in concert the other day and..they are hairy bastards!!! Sweat

Hey as long as we shave in all the right places, chicks will dig it! Big Grin

hehe hehe hehe Beaten

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: