jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Yonekura Ryoko
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1270, 1271, 1272  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
happyfeet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Our local tv stations only brings in the more popular and contempory stuff. Musashi is more of a japanese folklore, and would have massive appeal to the japanese rather than other cultures which are hardly familiar with Miyamoto Musashi
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

happyfeet wrote:
Our local tv stations only brings in the more popular and contempory stuff. Musashi is more of a japanese folklore, and would have massive appeal to the japanese rather than other cultures which are hardly familiar with Miyamoto Musashi

I disagree. Musashi isn't for Japanese only, but for anyone with an interest in Japanese history and culture... And I don't see why you have to be familiar with Miyamoto Musashi to like or have interest in the story...

I can see that Musashi is pretty heavy drama, which turns off a lot of people who are looking for lighter fare...
happyfeet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't say you have to know about Miyamoto Musashi to like it. I said it wouldn't appeal to the masses here. Given the little tv air time allocated to japanese drama here, it would only be a natural choice for the stations to screen something which would obviously have wider appeal. The cast of Musashi is considered to be rather star-studded in japan, but not many of them would have the same appeal overseas, maybe save Yonekura Ryoko and Uchiyama Rina.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I gotcha. Then I think you guys are getting shortchanged over there...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My God!! Ryoko-chan has cracked the Top 50!! Big Grin Big Grin

Many thanks to angiemakino and marinakyo for their votes... Let's keep 'em comin'!! Mr Green
angiemakino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone recomend Ryoko-chan's show to me? I like to see more of her acting... Applaud Wink
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

angiemakino wrote:
Can someone recomend Ryoko-chan's show to me? I like to see more of her acting... Applaud Wink

Well you've seen Seikei Bijin and Love Revolution already... There's still Pretty Girls and Musashi... Smile

Oh, and there's Gun Crazy: Episode 1 : http://guncrazy.jp/epi1_2/index.html
enau

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

angiemakino wrote:

I heard about Ryoko's dorama called : AI TO SEISYUN NO TAKARAZUKA

I think it's FUJI TV's special drama on January 2002 and the story is about Japanese female theater company called Takarazuka. The setting is around World War II (I think Rolling eyes Rolling eyes , but maybe I'm wrong Mr Green Mr Green )

The casts are top artistes in Japan, such as :

Norika Fujiwara
Kippei Shiina
Yoshino Kimura
Toru Nakamura
Santamaria Yusuke
Ryoko Yonekura
Miki Nakatani
Katsuhisa Namase
Ken Izawa
Akio Kaneda

Official website for DoRaMa "TAKARAZUKA" :
http://www.fujitv.co.jp/jp/b_hp/takarazuka/

http://www.gaburi.com/go/?www.ontvjapan.com/gaburi/tv/topics/?c_id=0000001594

The VCD (with Chinese subtitle) is already available at :http://www.kiwikiwi.com.tw/n_2.htm
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's interesting.. can't wait to see nakatani miki in another role... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I caught the first part of AI TO SEISYUN NO TAKARAZUKA, but missed the remainder... It was a really interesting story...

Anyone have the complete show (with English subs, hopefully)?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

<<< --- New avatar of Ryoko-chan as Otsu, from the series Musashi Big Grin
Guam Viewer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yonekura Ryoko is an up and comer. I first saw her in Tenki-yoho no koibito in 2000 in a supportive role. She played a nerdy OL type in the weather forecaster's office. Three years later, she's all over the place. If you ever go to Tokyo, you can see pictures of her everywhere hawking everything in sight. I think she's catching up fast with Fujiwara Norika and Matsushima Nanako.
Ren

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like Yonekura Ryoko as well i think she is one of the prettiest jdorama actress out there but i have only seen one of her drama so far seikei_bijin Hope to see more of her in the future
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lala81

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ren wrote:
i think she is one of the prettiest jdorama actress out there

erm ... i dun really find her pretty actually ... but tat's my personal opinion Shake Head
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guam Viewer wrote:
Three years later, she's all over the place. If you ever go to Tokyo, you can see pictures of her everywhere hawking everything in sight.

I've got to get to Tokyo ASAP!!!! Big Grin Lovey Eyes
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

nice signature ren.. and nice avatar too bmwracer... Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:
nice signature ren.. and nice avatar too bmwracer... Wink

Domo arigato gozaimashita. Smile

I've got plenty more where that came from... Big Grin
Guam Viewer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ren wrote:
I like Yonekura Ryoko as well i think she is one of the prettiest jdorama actress out there but i have only seen one of her drama so far seikei_bijin Hope to see more of her in the future

I think she's busy with Musashi, which runs for a year on NHK. It's like when Kimura Yoshino came out in the other NHK Taiga drama, she disappeared for a while.

When Musashi is finished, I'm sure she'll be all over the other channels again.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Guam Viewer wrote:
When Musashi is finished, I'm sure she'll be all over the other channels again.

Sounds good to me. Big Grin Lovey Eyes
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Groan. Ryoko-chan has been bumped out of the Top 50... What an injustice... Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1270, 1271, 1272  Next
Page 2 of 1272

Jump to: