FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
japanese trends and fads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

u mean? this see thru skirt is, work of photoshop???
Sweat
i tot its a fashion in japan... Bow
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

okay, but since when did leather become see-through??? Crazy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh no!!!
its not really see thru....
its the skirt!!
they design it to look as if its see thru... but the truth is its not the skirt that is transparent... its the skirt design...
am i making any sense?
Crazy
vibius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:
u mean? this see thru skirt is, work of photoshop???
Sweat
i tot its a fashion in japan... Bow

I think they are photoshop fakes, like yume indicated.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:
oh no!!!
its not really see thru....
its the skirt!!
they design it to look as if its see thru... but the truth is its not the skirt that is transparent... its the skirt design...
am i making any sense?
Crazy

Yeah, that's what I was thinking: the "see thru" is actually just and image printed onto the material to make it look transparent...

Either that, or it's a Photoshop job.
IkematsuSosuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi I know what you're taking about...I've seen a link to where you can buy those skirts.

They are skirst with press on design to make it seem like you're seeing the owner's butt..it's not actually see thru.
vibius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IkematsuSosuke wrote:
Michi I know what you're taking about...I've seen a link to where you can buy those skirts.

They are skirst with press on design to make it seem like you're seeing the owner's butt..it's not actually see thru.

Sorry, I don't believe you unless you post some evidence.

A simple google search for japanese see through skirt hoax finds plenty of evidence that it is just a hoax:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/skirts.asp
http://www.japanesestreets.com/news/20030228.htm
IkematsuSosuke

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe that site I saw was just selling them after the hoax.

When I heard about it..I was thinking wtf no one would wear that.
vibius

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

IkematsuSosuke wrote:
Maybe that site I saw was just selling them after the hoax.

Maybe someone was trying to capitalize on the popularity of the hoax and really selling them? That would be pretty funny. If you have a link, please do post it.

Quote:
When I heard about it..I was thinking wtf no one would wear that.

Yeah, it seems too farfetched to me to be a very popular fashion trend. Of course, you may find some weirdos in Harajuku wearing weirder stuff.
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

vibius wrote:

Yeah, it seems too farfetched to me to be a very popular fashion trend. Of course, you may find some weirdos in Harajuku wearing weirder stuff.

Hah, or even in Roppongi. hehe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

vibius wrote:

Maybe someone was trying to capitalize on the popularity of the hoax and really selling them? That would be pretty funny. If you have a link, please do post it.

Sorry, I don't have or remember the link.
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those skirts are so fake. I got them in a "joke" E-mail over a year ago already.............

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a big Hoax, or it may be dangerous for the girls in the subway with pervert -_- Smile

Now I have another topic.
I watched the profile of many Japanese "Star" (male).
They are all very thin. When they are 1,75 meter high, their weight is only 55kg most of the time.

In Europe, or in America I think it's the same, when you are a man, when you are 1,80 ( 6'0 ), you weight must be 75-80kg or over, and you have to do musculation or it becomes hard to have a girlfriend.

I'm 1,75, and I"m 66kg, I think I'm to thin, i try to put on weight...

So I wonder if in Japan, or in any Asian country, you are considered as a "fat man" when you are 1,80 - 80kg.
Danji

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: DAMNIT Reply with quote Back to top

I actually had the links for all of this "see through skirt" stuff until just a couple of days ago when I spontaneously started pruning my bookmarks Sad

Bummer because I think they would've helped here. And yes, several people have attempted to profit from the hoax, but stuff like that happens a lot.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Miyu_Kaya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I envy japanese girls and boys those trends. In Poland it's not that simple to wear what you want. Only some people can.... they don't be affraid to wear what they like and want. It's stupid. I know. Shake Head

Twisted
niko2x

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Miyu_Kaya wrote:
I envy japanese girls and boys those trends. In Poland it's not that simple to wear what you want. Only some people can.... they don't be affraid to wear what they like and want. It's stupid. I know. Shake Head

Twisted
it's like that in JPN as well, believe it or not. it's just that a lot of kids (under 20 yrs) are akin to dressing up like that b/c over there, it's OK to express yourself like that until you reach a certain age. After you get to the stage of After graduation/start to work stage, if you dress like like all those people in shinjuku, your co-workers/bosses, people your age will think you are still chidish, and the youth you try to emulate will label you as an "ojisan/obasan" TRYING to act cool.

Last edited by niko2x on Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Miyu_Kaya

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
it's like that in JPN as well, believe it or not. it's just that a lot of kids (under 20 yrs) are akin to dressing up like that b/c over there, it's OK to express yourself like that until you reach a certain age. After you get to the stage of After graduation/start to work stage, if you dress like like all those people in shinjuku, your co-workers/bosses, people your age will think you are still chidish, and the youth you try to emulate will label you as an "ojisan/obasan" TRYING ro act cool.

Maybe you're right. There is some good points and bad points of this....
pcmodem

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the urban-youth of Japan are hilarious...

I was out with my GF the other day and we saw some Nihonjin tourists... one had dreadlocks, one had blue hair, and another had an afro ... and I'm talking about a 1970's Soul Train-size afro!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Guess they're not familiar with the saying, "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny..." hehe hehe
-PCM
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pcmodem wrote:
Yeah, the urban-youth of Japan are hilarious...

I was out with my GF the other day and we saw some Nihonjin tourists... one had dreadlocks, one had blue hair, and another had an afro ... and I'm talking about a 1970's Soul Train-size afro!
rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

AHAHAHAHA... Sounds like they're a couple of decades behind us... hehe
Geezer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Behind us?

Well, there was the 1981 movie "So Fine" staring Ryan O'Neal where he played a guy who accidentially created a new fashion trend by producing blue jeans with the butt cut out, replaced by see through plastic.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Learn Japanese All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: