jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Bayside Shakedown (Odoru Daisosasen)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malorum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:18 pm    Post subject: Bayside Shakedown (Odoru Daisosasen) Reply with quote Back to top

For all you Odoru Daisosasen fans, Odoru Daisosasen the movie 2 just came out in theaters here in Japan a little while ago. Its currently whooping buttox at the box office in the #1 spot. Zatoichi has taken spot #2 and Pirates of the Carribeen is #3

anyone see the first movie i missed it???
Akakage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Applaud Wow can't wait to see it! I've seen the first one and it was really good. If you miss it, I'm sure you can rent it on a video store because I watched it on VCD. But I hope the second one will be more better and I'm looking forward to see Kotaro Koizumi in action too Smile
malorum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ohhh thats good to hear, ill be renting that from the video store then YUP YUP Applaud
orenji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah!

I've watched the first one too! It's real good. Those who haven't watched it should do so soon!

Can't wait for the second one to be out! Big Grin

3Peace...
Orenji
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Bayside Shakedown Reply with quote Back to top

Has anyone seen the show? I saw the second movie the other day and even though I don't understand japanese it seemed really interesting. Sorry if this has already been created.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're absotively correct, Space Godzilla (by the way, the WAM! movie channel showed your movie this evening in the islands, hahah; actually, cool choice for a board name; welcome to the board), Bayside Shakedown, AKA, Odoru Daisousasen, is probably THE best police drama in TV and/or movie form (both, in this case) that has come out of Japan recently; heck, maybe of all time.

Such an inventive creation, this show, and with Yuji Oda's main character Aoshima. I think the show got so popular at some point that replica's of the detective's nondescript, sorta' nonimpressive big green coat was made available. Without checking any sources, I bet the article sold like hotcakes.

Great drama, great comedy. Just a really good show.

And, yeah, Bayside Shakedown, AKA, Odoru Daisousasen can find itself in the illustrious category of J-dorama that include titles like Tokyo Love Story -- i.e., that is, those shows without English or other language subtitles that can be enjoyed by non-Japanese speakers.

P.S. by the way, to respond to you, this thread might've been created already (I didn't check). But, ah, quite neglectable -- Bayside Shakedown, AKA, Odoru Daisousasen is such a good show, that any post on it is cool Victory! Peace! .
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now dang it Manny!

How can you be so absolutely wrong about all things political, and food related... and yet, so right about movies and TV shows?

I'll add my voice to your's and Space Godzilla's here to say that "Odoru Daisousasen" aka "Rhythm and Police" aka "Wangan Police Station" aka "Bayside Shakedown" aka a dozen more is fantastic.

It's easily one of my top five all time series.

After seeing the series I went out and bought the two movies on DVD and gave them to myself as a Christmas Present this year.

And since seeing it, I've been going around snatching up shows and movies that feature members of the Bayside cast.

And for the two or three people out there who haven't seen it... this isn't a heavy police drama, or a serious set of mysteries.

It's a cast driven story about a white collar salaryman who leaves his sales job because he wants to work in a profession that cares more about people than company policy, profit, and corporate ladder climbing... only to find out that the Police department is just another coorporation.

The opening of the Bayside Shakedown movie, and the tearfull drive to the hospital toward the end are two of the funniest scenes I've ever seen in a movie.

I love the movies, but boy I hope they do another series someday.
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Now dang it Manny!

How can you be so absolutely wrong about all things political, and food related... and yet, so right about movies and TV shows?

Oh, now, hey, the political angle, I can understand a bunch (and I DO emphasize the word "bunch" here) of you thinking differently than I, but, accckkk, FOOD???? Now THAT's personal (hahah, I actually found out what I meant to say -- it's ALUMINUM bowls that discolor egg whites; the heck I care, I usually use custard cups or a big bowl depending on how many eggs I gotta mix). The Man is trying here, The Man is trying w/his culinary skills. Most of what I made, folks like.

The DVD versions you have, by the way, Geezer -- despite what I said in the earlier post -- are those English-subtitled.

But, yeah, this series needs to be continued. I think you can get Wangan police station t-shirts somewheres.

Last edited by The Man on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Manny Manny!

We're talking about exactly the same scene in the car, but you have to edit that spoiler out of your post.

It's just too good a joke to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

And even with the spoiler alert up, you know people can't help but read those things.
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aww man I need to get the series on DVD and the two movies subtitled in english so bad if not I'll shoot myself Bang Head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Manny Manny!

We're talking about exactly the same scene in the car, but you have to edit that spoiler out of your post.

It's just too good a joke to ruin it for anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet.

And even with the spoiler alert up, you know people can't help but read those things.

OK, done.

I just felt like a moderator just then, bwhahhaha.
jholic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geez: now, Man and i may not share the same views on everything either, but taking a shot at his food choices.... to a local boy, dem's fightin' words! hehe

anyways, if any of you guys bittorrent (desent.net/btfaq/), go to www.d-addicts.com. the drama version of odoru daisosassen is available there. (sorry, the movies and specials are not available).
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn that was an awesome movie why didn't I record it. Bang Head Bang Head Beaten
shin2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know that the series and the two theatrical movies are floating around out there with English subtitles. But does anyone know if the three TV movie specials and a 40-minute TV mini-special (made specifically to promote the first movie) are acquirable with English subs?
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2

Three TV movies, and a short TV special --- in additon to the series and the 2 movies?

Aaaacktt! The hunt is back on!
jholic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:
I know that the series and the two theatrical movies are floating around out there with English subtitles. But does anyone know if the three TV movie specials and a 40-minute TV mini-special (made specifically to promote the first movie) are acquirable with English subs?

as far as i know the specials are available on places like ed2k and abmj (newsgroups) - neither of which i use. unfortunately, i do not believe english subs are available for those particular specials.

there's a really good subber (dustoff), who offered to sub the movies OR the specials. the people's republic of drama-lovers chose the movies. guess someone's gotta sub the specials.
The Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actaully I had no trouble getting English subbed versions of the two movies on ebay. They were both pretty popular, so dozens of sellers are offering "factory" copies.
jholic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

guys, i think shin2 was asking for the e-subbed versions of the specials, not really the movies.
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Arrrgh! Now I have to go out and find, and then make friends with a Japanese speaking person, who's fluent in English, has a great sense of humor, and a talent for writing.

I just got three of the Wangon Police Station (Rhythm and Police, Bayside Shakedown, whatever you want to call it) TV Specials, without subs, and the two I've seen already are fantastic!

I started begging for them when I heard that Yuki Uchida was a guest star in one of them. But then I flipped when I saw the cast list for the first one... the Christmas special.

That one had scenes with Yukie Nakama (Maybe 16 years old at the time?), Ryoko Hirosue, and I think the would be bad guy was Hideaki Takizawa, though I'm not sure.

What a great show.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: