jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Bayside Shakedown (Odoru Daisosasen)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes I am still searching for them with subs...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jholic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

two of the specials have korean softsubs. this should mean that the 'timing' for the subs will be there. someone on d-addicts offered to translate the korean to english, but i haven't heard any status on it. i'm crossing my fingers.
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Its such a great show wish there was a region 1 release of it around america. Bang Head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jade_frost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Bayside Shakedown rocks.

If you haven't had enough of it there's another Bayside Shakedown movie coming up - The Suspect: Shinji Muroi. This time it focuses on Muroi's character.
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are they really making another one. Dancing w00t! Awesome.
jade_frost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup. In cinemas in Japan on 27 August. Starring Toshiro Yanagiba, Rena Tanaka, Sho Aikawa, Norito Yashima, etc.

http://www.odoru-legend.com/
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wheres Oda? Wheres Miki Mizuno? Eri????? Where did they go come on I hope they are in there. Fingers crossed
Geezer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was a little disappointed to see that most of the original cast isn't included in the photo for the new movie.

Even in the special they did with Yuki Uchida as the star, the original cast all came back and at least did cameos in the movie.

I look forward to seeing the movie, but I really think that this is one of those shows where the cast made it special. Not the format, or the setting.
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
I was a little disappointed to see that most of the original cast isn't included in the photo for the new movie.

Even in the special they did with Yuki Uchida as the star, the original cast all came back and at least did cameos in the movie.

I look forward to seeing the movie, but I really think that this is one of those shows where the cast made it special. Not the format, or the setting.
I couldn't have agreed with you anymore. How disappointing.
jade_frost

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It is disappointing. I hope they aren't capitalising on the success of the franchise just to do another Odoru flick.

More news from Mainichi:

'Shakedown's' top cop has 'no regrets' about on-screen arrest

Rena TanakaToshiro Yanagiba, who plays senior police superintendent Shinji Muroi in the wildly popular "Bayside Shakedown" series, says he has "no regrets' his character is arrested in "The Suspect: Muroi Shinji," the latest spin-off of the franchise.

"I've learned a lot since coming into contact with this guy called Muroi," Yanagiba told a news conference at a Tokyo hotel in reference to the character he plays. "I gave everything to this movie. I have no regrets."

Joining Yanagiba to promote "The Suspect: Muroi Shinji" was his co-star in the movie, Rena Tanaka, who plays Kumiko Obara, a new lawyer appointed to defend Muroi.

"I kept crying the whole time I watched the final movie," the actress said.

Tanaka said she had watched all the "Bayside Shakedown" series movies and was clearly a fan of Yanagiba's.

"I was really nervous every day dealing with these two men in front of me -- Yanagiba and Muroi," she said.

"The Suspect: Muroi Shinji" tells the story of Muroi's arrest for abusing his position after the mother of a suspect files a criminal complaint saying that he had gone too far when interrogating her son. The arrest creates enormous problems for Muroi, who had been a squeaky clean cop on the fast track to promotion. Typical of the other movies in the "Bayside Shakedown" series, "The Suspect: Muroi Shinji" has a strong focus on human drama rather than action common in most other cop flicks. The "Bayside Shakedown" movies have box offices records that are among the most successful in Japanese cinema history.

Sho Aikawa, a long-time friend of Yanagiba's, joins the series for the first time, playing Keiichi Kudo, a detective from the Shinjuku Kita Police Station who helps Muroi find the truth behind the case that led to the superintendent's arrest.

Yanagiba said that when he first saw Aikawa's name on the cast list, he was a little worried.

"I guessed he was a little worried about joining a fairly established cast, so I made a lot of space for him so he could bring out his best," Yanagiba said.

Aikawa also spoke warmly of his friend and co-star.

"When I came on the set, all he said was 'Give it everything,' so we were all pretty motivated. Muroi definitely has that 'straight-laced to the point of being hard to comprehend' quality you can see in Yanagiba. It was good to meet Muroi," Aikawa said.
shin2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The characters played by Yusuke Santamaria and Miki Mizuno in the series and the first two movies are found in a movie which opened in Japan in May. Entitled Koshonin Mashita Masayoshi (Negotiator), the movie focuses on Santamaria's character and his job as a negotiator. I don't know if other characters from the Odoru Daisosasen franchise are in this movie.
As others have pointed out, the popularity of the series (voted the most popular dorama of all time in a viewers' poll a few years ago) and subsequent movies (each one was a blockbuster hit) has more to do with the characters than the plot. It was a great ensemble cast with well defined personalities who interacted so entertainingly with each other. Therefore, it is disappointing to see, based on the photos, that so many of the characters from this series are not, apparently, in this upcoming movie. Chosuke Ikariya, who played the veteran detective who takes Oda's character under his wing, has passed away, but there are also a number of other characters, major and minor, who seemingly aren't in this new movie. Too bad.
shin2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.japantimes.com/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?ff20050824a2.htm

This is a review of the newest Bayside Shakedown movie, entitled Yogisha Muroi Shinji, which is scheduled to open in Japan at the end of August. It was written by Mark Schilling, who critiques Japanese movies for the Japan Times. He gave it a higher rating than what he gave the second Bayside Shakedown movie (although not as high as his rating of the first Bayside Shakedown movie).
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They're making another one!! w00t!

Yuki Uchida, Atsushi Ito cast in new "Odoru Daisousasen" movie

On Tuesday, more cast members of the third "Odoru Daisousasen" ("Bayside Shakedown") movie were revealed. Among them are actress Yuki Uchida (34), returning to the series after 12 years, and actor Atsushi Ito (26), a new addition.

Starring Yuji Oda (42) as a police detective, "Odoru Daisousasen" has been one of the most successful drama franchises in history. The second film, released in 2003, is Japan's highest-grossing live-action film, while the first film from 1998 is ranked #3.

In the new film, Oda returns as the detective Shunsaku Aoshima, who has been promoted to section chief. Uchida plays Natsumi Shinohara, one of his skilled subordinates. She played the same character once before when she starred in a special episode of "Odoru Daisousasen" in 1998, but at the time the character was just a rookie cop.

Ito has been cast as the nephew of detective Heihachiro Waku, who was played by Chosuke Ikariya in the drama and previous films. However, Ikariya passed away in 2004.

Aoshima's other new subordinates are being played by Naoki Kawano (27), Kenichi Takito (33), and returning cast member Masahiro Komoto (44).

Filming started on January 6. The completed movie will open in theaters this summer, on July 3
shin2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
They're making another one!! w00t!

Yuki Uchida, Atsushi Ito cast in new "Odoru Daisousasen" movie

On Tuesday, more cast members of the third "Odoru Daisousasen" ("Bayside Shakedown") movie were revealed. Among them are actress Yuki Uchida (34), returning to the series after 12 years, and actor Atsushi Ito (26), a new addition.

Starring Yuji Oda (42) as a police detective, "Odoru Daisousasen" has been one of the most successful drama franchises in history. The second film, released in 2003, is Japan's highest-grossing live-action film, while the first film from 1998 is ranked #3.

In the new film, Oda returns as the detective Shunsaku Aoshima, who has been promoted to section chief. Uchida plays Natsumi Shinohara, one of his skilled subordinates. She played the same character once before when she starred in a special episode of "Odoru Daisousasen" in 1998, but at the time the character was just a rookie cop.

Ito has been cast as the nephew of detective Heihachiro Waku, who was played by Chosuke Ikariya in the drama and previous films. However, Ikariya passed away in 2004.

Aoshima's other new subordinates are being played by Naoki Kawano (27), Kenichi Takito (33), and returning cast member Masahiro Komoto (44).

Filming started on January 6. The completed movie will open in theaters this summer, on July 3

So is Sumire (Fukatsu Eri) in it? How about the three amigos? And are Yusuke Santamaria, Yanagiba Toshiro, and Mizuno Miki reprising their roles?
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

shin2 wrote:

So is Sumire (Fukatsu Eri) in it? How about the three amigos? And are Yusuke Santamaria, Yanagiba Toshiro, and Mizuno Miki reprising their roles?

Looks like it, this is from Nippon cinema, and the trailer shows Eri, don't know about Miki Mizuno though:http://www.nipponcinema.com/blog/bayside-shakedown-the-movie-3-to-be-released-on-july-3-2010/

Btw, we have another thread that pretty much deals with the same topic:http://jdorama.com/viewtopic.1817.htm

I wonder if it should be merged with this thread?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
I wonder if it should be merged with this thread?

Done. Smile
shin2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

Looks like it, this is from Nippon cinema, and the trailer shows Eri, don't know about Miki Mizuno though:http://www.nipponcinema.com/blog/bayside-shakedown-the-movie-3-to-be-released-on-july-3-2010/

Thanks for the link. Saw Sumire, Muroi, and the three amigos, so that's good. Started smiling when I heard the theme song. What a terrific franchise it's been.
Geezer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES!!!

July, eh? that means I should be albe to get a copy of the movie by... 2020.
shin2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
YES!!!

July, eh? that means I should be albe to get a copy of the movie by... 2020.

More incentive for us old farts to hang in there. Mr Green
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, they got the fangirls on board now:

Oguri joins "Odoru Daisousasen" cast

Another cast announcement has been made regarding the third "Odoru Daisousasen" movie, revealing that popular actor Shun Oguri (27) is making an appearance.

Oguri plays an elite police bureaucrat whose true nature is a mystery, hidden underneath his cool exterior. It is unknown whether he will turn out to be an ally or enemy of the protagonist Shunsaku Aoshima (Yuji Oda), who has been promoted to the position of section chief.

Toshiro Yanagiba, Toshio Kakei, and Miki Maya have also been confirmed as returning cast members, but unlike them, Oguri will play the franchise's first police bureaucrat who is younger than Oda's character.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: