jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Food, Food, and More Food Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1259, 1260, 1261  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This reminds me I have to cook a japanese dish for my final exam :|
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Prince wrote:

that's interesting.. what exam is that you have to cook..? Chatter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
vienna_sg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:
Prince wrote:

that's interesting.. what exam is that you have to cook..? Chatter

Home economics, i guess Mr Green
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Starfish bean desert stuff Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone please tell me the name of this one bean paste bread dessert. It is shaped like a star fish and the paste is purpleish. A Japanese exchange student gave me one once and I LOVED IT.

I went to a local Mitsuwa (Japanese supermarket) and described it to a clerk but she looked at me confused. Maybe if I knew the name it would be easier to find.
orenji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah...

Cold storage in Taka has all the nattos you want... They have a wide range of japanese snacks, food, sushi, udon and etc... I just went there on friday... Big Grin

I tried natto once and I didn't like the taste... I wonder why japanese ppl like it so much esp TK.... -_-"

3Peace...
Orenji
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

natto? is that what they are called? can someone confirm?
vienna_sg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

orenji wrote:
Yeah...

Cold storage in Taka has all the nattos you want... They have a wide range of japanese snacks, food, sushi, udon and etc... I just went there on friday... Big Grin

I tried natto once and I didn't like the taste... I wonder why japanese ppl like it so much esp TK.... -_-"

3Peace...
Orenji

Thx for the info. I'll check out Taka this weekend. Smile
kook05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

vienna_sg wrote:
Wink hehe. Maybe i should try it one of these days. Anyone know where can i get "nato" (correct spelling?) in Singapore?

hehe... i've always wanted to try natto too.... partly cos' TK lurves it..... Beaten
besides taka, i think i've seen it in the isetan supermarket (located at isetan scotts)....
vienna_sg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uchiha Potato wrote:
natto? is that what they are called? can someone confirm?

Natto is fermented soybeans with Bacillus subtilis natto living in rice straws. Normally eaten with rice.

The red bean pancake u mentioned. I think it should be called as Doriyaki.
kook05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

was just wondering if you have to add anything to natto before you eat it.... like soya sauce or something.... cos' i always see the japanese adding something to it before they eat it....
vienna_sg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kook05 wrote:
was just wondering if you have to add anything to natto before you eat it.... like soya sauce or something.... cos' i always see the japanese adding something to it before they eat it....

hmm...i wonder too Wink
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Starfish bean desert stuff Reply with quote Back to top

Uchiha Potato wrote:
Can someone please tell me the name of this one bean paste bread dessert. It is shaped like a star fish and the paste is purpleish. A Japanese exchange student gave me one once and I LOVED IT.

I went to a local Mitsuwa (Japanese supermarket) and described it to a clerk but she looked at me confused. Maybe if I knew the name it would be easier to find.

i think it's dorayaki
my faV~
but its shaped is not starfish..
it's round...
doraemon's fav food
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

natto~
gonna try that end of this year?
how do u cook it?
is the 1 sold in takashimaya cooked?
or i have to heat it up at home or something?!?
please dont tell me they have the ingredients there..n that i have to cook it myself
i cant cook.....
Sweat Shake Head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kook05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Starfish bean desert stuff Reply with quote Back to top

juliana_phang wrote:
i think it's dorayaki
my faV~
but its shaped is not starfish..
it's round...
doraemon's fav food

eh, ya hor, it's doraemon's fav food....
hehe...
have it in many other flavours too... not just red bean paste.....
also have it in peanut, cheese, kaya, etc .....

one more shape to add to it... fish shape.... hehe
kook05

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

juliana_phang wrote:
natto~
gonna try that end of this year?
how do u cook it?
is the 1 sold in takashimaya cooked?
or i have to heat it up at home or something?!?
please dont tell me they have the ingredients there..n that i have to cook it myself
i cant cook.....
Sweat Shake Head

erm... i don't think you need to cook it....
just open up the package and you can eat it... but i think still need to add some condiments... but like i mentioned b4, i don't know what it is.... Sweat
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i really dun dare to try natto ne~.. many people love it but at the same time many people can't stand the sight of it.. well.. once you've tried it can you tell me how it tastes..? Mr Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Pemu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anything goes for me! Ramen, udon, tempura, sushi, sashimi, tendon, gyudon, japanese breakfast, takoyaki, yakitori, okonomiyaki etc. Drooling
Never tasted sukiyaki, too pricey.
juliana_phang

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

cant wait to try natto...
it looks slimy right
with all those beans
>_<
orenji

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm,

I've tasted natto before and in my opinion, I didn't like the taste. You can add soya sauce to it if ya want as it's included in the package.

I told myself I would never eat natto in my whole life unless TK makes it for me... *wishful thinking* Lovey Eyes

3Peace...
Orenji
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

orenji wrote:
Hmm,

I've tasted natto before and in my opinion, I didn't like the taste. You can add soya sauce to it if ya want as it's included in the package.

I told myself I would never eat natto in my whole life unless TK makes it for me... *wishful thinking* Lovey Eyes

3Peace...
Orenji

yappari ne.. it looks like glue.. oh no.. i cant eat my dinner already..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 1259, 1260, 1261  Next
Page 2 of 1261

Jump to: