jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What are you guys doing right now?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1294, 1295, 1296  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kndy-nt2099

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:57 pm    Post subject: As for the anime cons... Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="lovelessemotion"]man u guys have such amzing lifes! all us cali ppl should join up one day and go ....i dunno drama wtching or something jk ... or go with denis to a convetion...lol (i've never been to a convetion...cuz its not my thing...but'll go if once i guess...)

Hey lovelessemotion,

Unfortunately, I don't have too much time to take part in the anime conventions where I can have too much fun. The reason for the promotions for them though is because the Japanese record labels have failed by releasing a JPOP albums to the masses and getting a diverse audience. The last non-convention event that I had some involvement with is New York-Tokyo Music Festival and we had BoA and Kouda Kumi come. But unfortunately for the event's opening day, mainly Koreans and Boa Fans came out for BoA and after her performance, they all pretty much left and didn't stay for the other Japanese artists performing.

Unfortunately, many Japanese music fans are finicky and I learned from this event that there are those who will stay for everything and will enjoy the entertainment of all music....but many who will support one to several artist and leave because they don't enjoy the other forms of music. It's hard to guage what most people outside Japan (who listen to Japanese music) listen to. As for NY, the Japanese music fans who came full force to enjoy the event on all days were those who definitely enjoyed electronic/underground Shibuya-kei music.

Thus the popularity of anime and the conventions...most of the attendees listen to Japanese music, so through test events of Indie J-Rock bands to T.M. Revolution, Kitaki Mayu and move's performance...the record labels learned that the anime conventions are possibly a goodway to market and promote the artist and make money doing it. Also, a big diffference with the performances is that anime conventions have the benefit of their diverse attendees (very little Japanese in attendance) being an audience and they will buy the album. Compared to non-convention events in the US where majority of the audience [for JPOP events] are Japanese and the only way to avoid that is by having the Japanese music artist open for a well-known (or formerly well-known) American group/artist.

But I do have my limits of which artist/group I feel are good for conventions and those I would rather see perform at actual music venues and I do debate this quite a bit for those who want to bring popular artists to anime coventions.

Last, did you know there were conventions who wanted to bring L'Arc/Hyde to their event?

daa
kndy-nt2099

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lovelessemotion wrote:

anyway on SAT. its work for me... i wake up early in the morning to meet with clients (that's always fun Rolling eyes ) I'm a graphic/logo designer... COOL HUH DENIS? lol.... i get home kinda late... i just got home now!... i usualy go online and relax for a lil while......then go out with friends @ night.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE NIGHT LIFE HERE!!!

Hello again Smile The fact that you're still working and getting paid is great! I don't know how many resume's or e-mails I have gotten from people who lost their jobs within the past few years because of our economy in the US. But I understand... it's really cool huh? B-P I don't know if you have to deal with the financial end with the clients but that's when things get even more frustrating.

But in terms of my Saturdays... I dislike it when I'm already to go out and have fun on a Saturday...then that telephone rings ("I forgot to tell you about this ad....we need it quickly...can you please work on it).

Think positive and at least you are getting that stability. Some of these clients I love feel it's good on their part to pay me many months later.
Twisted
ahochaude

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Work.

After I come home, I sign on to the website. -----And post Rina pics!!!!! hehe
barooboodoo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm that's a hard question... i guess i usually go to the arcade in westwood and ddr it up (that's recent times) if i was smart i would realize that i pretty much can't improve in ddr and go to UCLA and play beatmania but... hey i'm not that smart Mr Green
If my bro isn't busy i'll go driving with him some place far away and eat a burrito at 2 in the mornin or something...if you thought that was too specific it's cuz it happens a lot Bleah
If all us socal people met up i'm sure we'd be defying some kind of natural law and create a black hole or somethin so i pass Wink
zchendevlemh

Location: Ten Carat 5-19-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after i woke up:
check my e-mail
lunch no more breakfast I usually woke up around 1 pm
shopping usually for groceries and some dorama and dvd after 5 days of work.
joy ride.
dinner
watch slamball and UFC (of course!)
check my e-mail again.

gosh its so packed up there's no time to pee. hehe
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I remember those good ol' days... Smile

really..? well, you've still got sundays to do that.. Mr Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hoshi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For Saturdays I'll try and stay away from school hehe I live really far away from where I study so I won't want to go back unless necessary. Anywayz Saturdays are just like every other day... wake up at 7.30, go out for breakfast, read the papers. Then it's tutorials and report writing for me. Or if I'm really slack I'll go out shopping. Mr Green In the afternoons it's anime and doramas on TV. Then have dinner, and continue with schoolwork. Shake Head
kewlger

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sleep in ^__^V
then uhh.. chill at home for a bit with the wifey
then usually every saturday i have work from like 5pm - 3am

if i dont have work i PARTAYYYYY
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
1. Sleep in.
2. Run errands.
3. Do laundry/clean the house.
4. Catch up on my DVD movie backlog.
5. Workout.
6. Find some time to eat.
7. Check JDorama posts.
8. Pass out.

I left one out: Wash the car. hehe Shake Head Rolling eyes
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: :P Reply with quote Back to top

EGJ wrote:
LoL hehehe yeah thats why most of the people go there to check out the asian girls hehehehe Big Grin Very fun evening on those nitez. Big Grin Oh yeah we serenade girls mostly Kpop songs like songs from "Fly to sky". Bleah
wow sounds like so much fun! ...even kareoke! WILL I REALLY GET KICKED OUT OF THE ROXY since i'm not asian?!? Google what about if i take my asain GF? and asian friends? i've never been kicked outta the roxy b4..and i dun plan to ever!

do u really serenade girl!? WOOT.. i tought u were jk...serenade, that's like romeo and juliet times stuff.. Wink
kndy-nt2099 wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have too much time to take part in the anime conventions where I can have too much fun. The reason for the promotions for them though is because the Japanese record labels have failed by releasing a JPOP albums to the masses and getting a diverse audience.

Thus the popularity of anime and the conventions...most of the attendees listen to Japanese music, so through test events of Indie J-Rock bands to T.M. Revolution, Kitaki Mayu and move's performance...the record labels learned that the anime conventions are possibly a goodway to market and promote the artist and make money doing it.

But I do have my limits of which artist/group I feel are good for conventions and those I would rather see perform at actual music venues and I do debate this quite a bit for those who want to bring popular artists to anime coventions.

Last, did you know there were conventions who wanted to bring L'Arc/Hyde to their event?

oh ok well...i'm not really into anime so i've never been to a 'convetion' but i'd like to someday just to see what's its like...
wow u seem to know what ur doing then... i tought u just plugged whatever convetion was coming up..sorry about that! seems like alotta thinking goes into ur work! (i gotta admit ur AURON costume was BAD@SS!!! ever1 tought so! u looked just like the guy..even ur hair and glasses matched! Thumbsup ) so how's the cosplaying experience like? i dun do that stuff but this is a good reason why pp do it

wow what event did they want l'arc in!? shoot i'd go! ... but i agree i'd rather see l'arc in a concert than a convetion of somesort... still i think i'd go see them if i could!

Last edited by lovelessemotion on Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
EGJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: HEHEHE Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm not sure....lol it was the first time I saw people kicked out last week well actually it was "AZN trouble makers" that did the kicking out not the club owners. So I guess it will be okay...... Nut lol yep the serenade thing is fun I love doing it. And the funny thing about is that people don't laugh.
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kndy-nt2099 wrote:
The fact that you're still working and getting paid is great! I don't know how many resume's or e-mails I have gotten from people who lost their jobs within the past few years because of our economy in the US.

Think positive and at least you are getting that stability. Some of these clients I love feel it's good on their part to pay me many months later.
Twisted
lol thanks! altough i'm not sure if i'm as good as u are..maybe someday! Sweat i understand about the finances... we made a design for a company in oct. and we still haven't received payment...but we will soon! man the part i hate the most is revisions! ppl with/out an artistic eye seem to like the ugliest things! IMO Sweat
wow i'm sorry they sometimes ruin ur saturday plans...that sounds aweful!
lol and i'm sorry about the late payments aswell.... take care and best of luck in 2004!
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:11 am    Post subject: Re: HEHEHE Reply with quote Back to top

EGJ wrote:
Uhm not sure.... did the kicking out not the club owners. So I guess it will be okay......
well... i hope i dun get kicked out..i guess i'm lucky that i've always gone on wed. fri. and sun.... lucky i never went to the roxy on sat.! lol.... but i'll bring my 'chinese' GF with me...she'll PROTECT ME! i hope!...jk

BTW i'd laugh if i saw u serenating a girl! i'd be so funny! do ya take a guitar with ya and everything?
EGJ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: lol yeah Reply with quote Back to top

my friend brings his guitar with him some times. Bleah he just leans against the car and sings funny songs in Japanese. (Even though we don't know what the hell he's saying) he's probaly talking trash about us but we don't care. Big Grin
vienna_sg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll sleep until late if i'm not working on sat. After that, properly i'll go shopping, movies or excerising at gym with friends
kndy-nt2099

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: :P Reply with quote Back to top

lovelessemotion wrote:
oh ok well...i'm not really into anime so i've never been to a 'convetion' but i'd like to someday just to see what's its like...
wow u seem to know what ur doing then... i tought u just plugged whatever convetion was coming up..sorry about that! seems like alotta thinking goes into ur work! (i gotta admit ur AURON costume was BAD@SS!!! ever1 tought so! u looked just like the guy..even ur hair and glasses matched! Thumbsup ) so how's the cosplaying experience like? i dun do that stuff but this is a good reason why pp do it

We're in the same boat...anime conventions in the US (well, in California) are like fans of anime, fans of J-ENT/music. It's totally weird because unlike other states...in California, the karaoke and the dances are dominated by fans of Hamasaki Ayumi, L'Arc, Malice mizer, Hello Project groups, etc. Thus the karaoke are mostly popular JPOP songs than anime songs and the dances are JPOP remixes or electronic/underground artists. I find that cool. I like how there are cosplayers who cosplay as JROCK/JPOP artist and HK movie characters. Otherwise if it was all smelly anime otaku fanboys/fangirls, I wouldn't be there (unless I was there to promote "Febreze"). Bleah

As for Auron...tried it once and that will be the final time. Just wanted to try it because my friend wanted to be hide ala X-Japan. So, we made a decision to do it. And how else would I be able to go to the few pretty Yuna, Rikku and Lulu cosplayers and introduce myself as Auron...the one with the long sword. Naughty
blender1184

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i just do whatever comes up. 9 times out of 10 i'm at my friends house just hanging out
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey loveless incase if u wanna try going to a convention, the best time to go to anime expo every summer.. it usually helds at either longbeach, anaheim or in san diego.. im always there for the cosplaying ^^

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lazing around at home normally, but now preoccupied with watching J-Drama!! Bleah
loriemay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what i do in saturdays? well after doing the basic things saturday is the time for me to clean the house... and rest.... most of the day i only watch tv and i can stay watching the whole day... hehe Smile .. at 6 pm i go to church with my boyfriend or if his not free with my friends.... then if were not still tired we go out to have fun...( partying or eat in a resto... there so many good resto here in Philippines the food is very good. you guys have to try it) Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 1294, 1295, 1296  Next
Page 3 of 1296

Jump to: