jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Mayonaka no Ame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
primetime

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:29 am    Post subject: Mayonaka no Ame Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all (especially jdfan),

I am a new member of the jdorama forum.

Understand that only jdfan has seen the above drama serial starring yuji oda & yasuko matsuyuki. As their serials/movies are those I generally consider "worth seeing", wonder if jdfan or anyone could tell me how to purchase the above drama (on the net) or if it is already available in Malaysia?

P.S. I am also a fan of yuji oda's previous works such as Odoru daisousassen. Saw on the website that the latest Odoru movie is coming out soon with most of the original cast intact. Awesome!!! Applaud Cool!
jdfan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 7:54 pm    Post subject: Mayonaka no Ame Reply with quote Back to top

I got this set through a friend who visited Hong Kong a few months ago. I believe this is only available in HK and Taiwan. If you can read Chinese, you might want to check out some Taiwan internet sites.

As Odoru daisousassen movie, produced in 1998, I purchased the DVD set from www.yesasia.com quite a while a ago. Most of the original cast was intact and it is pretty good too. Did they make another movie?
primetime

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi jdfan,

I checked a japanese website recently & saw there will be an upcoming Odoru daisousassen (part 2) movie to be released in July-Sep period. Although I have to admit I know nuts about the Japanese website contents, I saw enough to be convinced that they are about to screen a new one soon! Hooray...

By the way, care to let me know which taiwanese or HK websites (or even non-HK/Taiwan websites) to visit for jdorama news/mp3 theme songs/vcds etc??? Appreciate it.

P.S. I can read Chinese.
jdfan

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 3:49 am    Post subject: Some suggestions Reply with quote Back to top

primetime

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jdfan,

Thank for the very useful websites, especially the Chinese ones. Appreciate it a lot.

The more I read the articles on the websites, the more it makes me want to get hold of Mayonaka no ame.

On a separate note, can u let me know of any websites whereby I can download dorama theme songs (mp3) either free or subscription-based.

Thanx again!!!
salsayanni

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: This drama is very good ! Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the above drama ( Mayonaka no ame or Midnight Rain ) last year and must admit it's been some time since I've seen a suspense medical drama , something like Heaven Coins .

What got me attracted to this drama is instead of the usual love stories it has some exciting scenes in each episode to make us want to follow more . From beginning we are unsure who is the good and the bad and the 2 leads with mysterious background

Thrown in some family conflicts , medical drama and police investigation we got some exciting plot

For the cast Oda Yuji manage to potray a cool surgeon which is different from all his previous roles , not to mention the ever talented Abe Hiroshi who just look so smart & cool at the same time ! and also Ken Ishiguro .

For those of you who really want a detail synopsis with some spoilers you can go to the below site to read a very good review

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=116

To anyone who like suspense drama like Sleeping Forest , Ice World and medical drama you would love this Lovey Eyes
tight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Re: This drama is very good ! Reply with quote Back to top

salsayanni wrote:
I have seen the above drama ( Mayonaka no ame or Midnight Rain ) last year and must admit it's been some time since I've seen a suspense medical drama , something like Heaven Coins .

What got me attracted to this drama is instead of the usual love stories it has some exciting scenes in each episode to make us want to follow more . From beginning we are unsure who is the good and the bad and the 2 leads with mysterious background

Thrown in some family conflicts , medical drama and police investigation we got some exciting plot

For the cast Oda Yuji manage to potray a cool surgeon which is different from all his previous roles , not to mention the ever talented Abe Hiroshi who just look so smart & cool at the same time ! and also Ken Ishiguro .

For those of you who really want a detail synopsis with some spoilers you can go to the below site to read a very good review

http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=116

To anyone who like suspense drama like Sleeping Forest , Ice World and medical drama you would love this Lovey Eyes

Good to know, thanks for the info and review. I have been thinking about getting this for awhile. Sounds like my cup of tea.
The Man

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 9:15 am    Post subject: MR Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I saw the first broadcast of Midnight Rain A.K.A. Mayonaka no Ame (or vice-versa) here in Hawai'i on KIKU-TV and the series is going through a second airing right now. What I like about YellSPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T YET SEEN MIDNIGHT RAIN A.K.A. MAYONAKA NO AME (or vice-versa)Yell MR is how the series put a spirit and story into each of the characters (and this is not to say that other shows don't do it; just something about MR's style that did a good job), who are numerous in this show -- there are Drs., family members, police detectives, patients, criminals, hospital administrators -- so much so that, I think the the police detectives in MR could do well in a spin-off series (just like I think how the cops in Love and Peace would fare in their own series). Sorry for the tangent, but since we're on it, I think Dr. Eijiro Saito from Hello Black Jack would get the shock post-grad' training of his life over at MR's Izumida Hospital (which has the best logo out of any current hospital, real or fictional); incidentally enough, Hello Black Jack's environment could use a bit of Dr. Tokura Takashi's (Yuji Oda's character) brand of bureaucrat-busting, however subtle.

The only sad thing about this show's that the obligatory "big secret" that we're all supposed to be surprised at in the very last episode of 10-12 long TV dramas can be seen from a mile away before the first MR installment, you'll swear. But, I'm wondering if that was intended . . . I mean, this show has a style that's immensely palatable.

Neat-o. The setting of the faux experimental hospital (or is THAT intended as well? I'd think a hospital anywhere that manages to get more all-stars in its discipline than the Yanks do for baseball'd have to allow certain medical/surgical liberties, no?) makes for a good series. Don't miss it (like I need to say that).
:::hALuCin8:::

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I d/l this drama from Newsgroups...but missed the last few eps. Does anybody have eps 8, 9, 10 & 11? Sweat Crazy
Pemu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

:::hALuCin8::: wrote:
I d/l this drama from Newsgroups...but missed the last few eps. Does anybody have eps 8, 9, 10 & 11? Sweat Crazy

I have the complete series. I'll help you with the filling of the few last eps Smile
Is ftp ok?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes plz??? Mr Green I'll let you know when I'm ready. Thanks soooooo much PEMU!!! Jumpie

I've been looking all over for this drama. Beaten
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Given IRMNet (NY, DC)'s notorious lack of material lately, they're re-airing Mayonaka no Ame here as well. I originally skipped the original subtitled airing last year, but given the re-airing, I decided to give it a chance. I concur with the Man, there is certainly an incentive to keep me watching and I'm recording faithfully every episode.

Only reason left for me to hate Mayonaka no Ame: It siphoned viewers away from Bara no Jujika, which I personally find more touching. Whereas MnA has a cast with more name value, the characters aren't that likable to me. Both series value the meaning of a father in a boy's life; however, MnA takes place long after the boy, insecure and distrusting of others, has grown up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mvc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched this series last week. I was really surprised that I enjoyed it as much as I did. It had an interesting plot that was unravelled a bit at a time. Matsuyuki Yasuko was stunningly beautiful (as usual). This was my first Oda Yuji drama and while he did a nice job, it seemed the role fit his character. He didn't display much emotion, so its not really a good judge of his acting.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:

I have the complete series. I'll help you with the filling of the few last eps Smile
Is ftp ok?

Doh! Doh! I totally forgot about this thread.

Pemu, I'm on 56k. Sweat I'm planning to get broadband soon. Does the offer still stand? Crazy
Pemu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doh! Doh! I totally forgot about this thread.

w00t!

Pemu, I'm on 56k. Sweat I'm planning to get broadband soon. Does the offer still stand? Crazy

Hang in there! Take your time, I'm not going anywhere except for school and out sometimes hehe
The offer is always valid for you!
alexis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member to this forum. Although I have yet to watch Mayonaka no Ame, I have read many reviews about this drama and I must say I can't wait to watch it. I have recently searched through various (English language) forum sites but could not find any downloads for this drama.

hALuCin8, may I know which newsgroup you downloaded the drama from? (But I guess they don't have them now already since you too are missing a few episodes... Sad )

I would definitely appreciate it if anyone could let me know where I can find English-subbed episodes of this drama series. Thanks a lot!! Smile

P.S.: I have watched "Furikaereba Yatsu Ga Iru" in which Yuji Oda starred opposite Ken Ishiguro as well. They were portrayed as two rival doctors. I don't know why but I think it'll definitely be interesting to see them both as doctors working in the same hospital again!! Smile Oh ya, I'm a big Yuji Oda fan too! Wink

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

alexis wrote:

hALuCin8, may I know which newsgroup you downloaded the drama from? (But I guess they don't have them now already since you too are missing a few episodes... Sad )

Sure!! Mr Green

alt.binaries.multimedia.japanese

I'd provide it in Newsgroups for you (for eps 1-7), but I don't have access to Newsgroups anymore...ever since I downgraded to 56k. Grumble Sorry! Sweat But you can request for it. Good luck! Good Luck!

Oh, and btw, WELCOME TO JDORAMA!!! Mr Green Hope you like it here! There are lots of nice and interesting people here who are very helpful...so don't be shy. Wink
Shindou

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thought I'd drudge up this thread too.

Midnight Rain was a great mystery drama. Excellent cast and good pacing of the storyline just kept me hooked on this series for the past couple of days. Interesting ideas about the setup of hospitals in the japanese health system. Maybe (cdn PM) Harper might wanna look at how things work in other countries... and watch some jdorama while he's at it, lol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WAH! No posts since 2006?! Doh!

Review: 7/10

Will I remember Midnight Rain a few months from now? Probably not, but it was good while it lasted.

This is one of those dramas where the actors/actresses involved carry the show above anything else. Oda Yuji, Abe Hiroshi, and Ishiguro Ken are all actors I've admired in other dramas, and it was great to see all three of them play such different roles. This was my first drama with Matsuyuki Yasuko and I thought she was wonderful. She was so believable in her emotions and position that I felt only Nagatsuka Kyozo could match her episode after episode.

The story line is interesting, but I found the plot points a little too coincidental. Everything fit so flawlessly that this flawlessness became a loop hole.

Overall, good show, but I probably won't watch it again. It's great for those who like medical dramas, politics, and a little mystery.

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: