jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Northern California's KTSF web site
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeNolan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

first AZN channel closes down and KTSF takes japanese drama away, and now IATV hasn't been on air for the past 3 days. Whats going on Puppy Dog Eyes
Andru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I called Comcast and they said they took ImaginationTV off due to lack to viewership. The customer service lady I spoke to said if there was enough people who complained and requested the channel be restored, as few as 10, they might put it back on. I had her fill out the official complaint/channel-request form, and she told me to tell my friends who are Comcast SF customers to do the same.

So Mike, today ASAP, call Comcast and have them do the same for your account!!!! Yes, I mean right now!!!! 1-800-COMCAST

PS: Yes, I was just starting to enjoy watching Ainori and Hey!Hey!Hey! every week again, and...... Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeNolan wrote:
first AZN channel closes down and KTSF takes japanese drama away, and now IATV hasn't been on air for the past 3 days. Whats going on Puppy Dog Eyes
Geezer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang. I'd call but Comcast never did offer those channels to us over here in the East Bay. They've always been listed as "Not available in your area."
MikeNolan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andru wrote:
I called Comcast and they said they took ImaginationTV off due to lack to viewership. The customer service lady I spoke to said if there was enough people who complained and requested the channel be restored, as few as 10, they might put it back on. I had her fill out the official complaint/channel-request form, and she told me to tell my friends who are Comcast SF customers to do the same.

So Mike, today ASAP, call Comcast and have them do the same for your account!!!! Yes, I mean right now!!!! 1-800-COMCAST

PS: Yes, I was just starting to enjoy watching Ainori and Hey!Hey!Hey! every week again, and...... Oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Andru, I'm calling right now. Lack of viewership my ass. I bet it gets more viewership then NBC home shopping. Grumble
JackClark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer, Andru or anyone who has digital cable box. If you don't know yet On demand has a whole bunch of asian horror movies. Go to free movies and then Sundance. Korean, Thai and Chinese Cantonese.
wintersweet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

New show after Homemaker: We Love Quintuplets.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daisuki!_Itsutsugo

Even *I* think it looks freaking nauseating. They're trying to drive us away...
Geezer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wintersweet

Yup, I'm with you.

I stuck with "Homemaker" (out of habit I guess), but after seeing the promos for "We Love Quintuplets" I guess that's gonna do it.

I'm done with KTSF.

It's a shame really. They're the ones who introduced me to Japanese TV.

It's a heck of a fall from "Suzuran", "Long Vacation" and "Aoi Tokugawa Sandai"... to "We Love Quintuplets".
Andru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wintersweet wrote:
New show after Homemaker: We Love Quintuplets.
http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Daisuki!_Itsutsugo

Even *I* think it looks freaking nauseating. They're trying to drive us away...

The drama wiki indicates that it is currently in its 10th season. If FujiTV acquired the first season from 1999 and will continue on with all the rest of them, then it will still be on years from now!
Waldo T

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wintersweet wrote:
Even *I* think it looks freaking nauseating.

The wiki website shows that it ran at 1:00 PM in Japan. It was probably made to induce siesta.
Geezer wrote:
I'm done with KTSF.

I threw the towel after Don Game. KTSF also introduced me to Japanese dramas. I even went on to take Japanese classes at SF's Soko Gakuen. Funny thing is, I never met a student or teacher there who watched Japanese programs on KTSF.
wintersweet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andru, yeah, this seems to be starting from the 2005 season, so that's only three seasons. Only. :p

I guess it's popular enough in Japan, since there's a new season that just started in July.

Sigh.
Itazura ichiban

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Three years doesn't seem to be that long for Japanese TV.
Wasn't there one dreary series about a family in Hokaido that lasted something like ten years? When it finally ended with a clip show, I couldn't believe it was the same actors. Maybe we will see the Quintuplets grow up?

I'd rather watch something else.
Andru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Itazura ichiban wrote:
Three years doesn't seem to be that long for Japanese TV. Wasn't there one dreary series about a family in Hokaido that lasted something like ten years? When it finally ended with a clip show, I couldn't believe it was the same actors. Maybe we will see the Quintuplets grow up?

I'd rather watch something else.

"Kita No Kuni Kara" (From the North Country) is what your thinking of. I think it was a regular series in the early 80s and then a bunch of specials/mini-series that ran every couple of years. I remember the last special ran on KTSF on Sunday night. The actor that played the son went on to play Dr. Koto, which has had 2 seasons.

"We Love Quintuplets" appears to have had 10 complete seasons, but KTSF is starting near the end, with the 2005 season. But, with 30 episodes each, and KTSF showing one episode per week, there could be 2 more seasons by the time KTSF finishes with the 2007 season. If the series continues with the quints in college and then later married with children, it can last forever on KTSF! Aren't you all just thrilled?
JackClark

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andru wrote:

"We Love Quintuplets" appears to have had 10 complete seasons, but KTSF is starting near the end, with the 2005 season. But, with 30 episodes each, and KTSF showing one episode per week, there could be 2 more seasons by the time KTSF finishes with the 2007 season. If the series continues with the quints in college and then later married with children, it can last forever on KTSF! Aren't you all just thrilled?

Oh man this crappy show is going to run that long bleh
Andru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JackClark wrote:

Oh man this crappy show is going to run that long bleh

Crappy? You know, I think the show is kinda growing on me! I've endured much worse. But then, I think I'm really desperate for any subtitled dorama!

By the way, the actor playing the American husband is Patrick Harlan, one of the gaijin you see frequently on TV in Japan. He's also on the J-wave radio station in Tokyo.
JackClark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ lol Andru

Something to look forward to. Sun Oct 19, Hula girls will be airing at 8:30 with subs. w00t!
Andru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

JackClark wrote:
^ lol Andru

Something to look forward to. Sun Oct 19, Hula girls will be airing at 8:30 with subs. w00t!

Really? Will it be on KTSF? Will it be the movie or a TV dorama based on it?

I'm on an extended visit on the east coast, using my slingbox connected to my DVR to keep up with the weekend KTSF programming, as well as the nightly NHK news, but haven't watched the stuff from this past weekend yet. Please fill me in!
JackClark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andru wrote:

Really? Will it be on KTSF? Will it be the movie or a TV dorama based on it?

I'm on an extended visit on the east coast, using my slingbox connected to my DVR to keep up with the weekend KTSF programming, as well as the nightly NHK news, but haven't watched the stuff from this past weekend yet. Please fill me in!

Yeah I saw the commercial on KTSF Sunday night, I think they will show the entire movie in one night. Its the movie with Aoi Yuu. They also have a new Sunday drama on the 9:30 slot, I think one of the actresses in it is Hitomi Kuroki, it looks really interesting, to bad no subs.
Itazura ichiban

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Andru wrote:

Crappy? You know, I think the show is kinda growing on me! I've endured much worse. But then, I think I'm really desperate for any subtitled dorama!

By the way, the actor playing the American husband is Patrick Harlan, one of the gaijin you see frequently on TV in Japan. He's also on the J-wave radio station in Tokyo.

Sasaoka Risa seems to make it a little more tolerable. Naughty
Taisho

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am with Douglas & Toshiko on this being vocal. All that live near las KTSF station, write them with your very best Nihongo, no KowTowing just the straight kenshin and let them know that we all need more J.
Since Taeko and I moved to the Phoenix area, we have found it is so dry here, there is hardly even an Oriental grocery, let alone Audio Video. So like Andru said I have taken to B T. And here is my big question
The Chinese PPXClub, I thank them for w/out their posts there would be no, nada, none thing in J Dorama for us in Arizona. Seriously, once a week like clock, Taiheiki and then Atsuhime post with Hardsubbed Chinese titles. Is it not an amazing world we live in! When no one in the States or in the Islands of Nihon and Hawaii post anything consistent. I got to hand it to the Chairman over in Bejing, the Chinese are some of the finest capitalist in the world. I have only one request: put the Scripts or the Subtitles online, so I can make them into English and Japanese. Better yet, is there anyone working at NHK that can post or mail either sub or script. I have the time I would be happy to due the diligence. Find any kid going to school on the train in Tokyo, they have the fastest thumbs in the world. The y can post them for you! PLZ, I'll send you a cactus. My question was Why no one here seeds? Think of it like tithing. Atsuhimne had six English subttitled episodes 1-5 and they came from Europe. Many thanks to our allies in Europe.

Taisho and Taeko
Please remember Jihad means "my struggle" and Mien Kampf meant "my struggle". today, we still have our freedom. lets enjoy it and give thanks! Our Creator does not ask us to bow to him, but to look up for him. Enjoy the Dorama!
wintersweet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, I e-mailed TTV to enter the Hula Girls CD giveaway. Got an e-mail back (sent to all entrants) asking for more feedback on how we found out about the show. The e-mail also said "We hope to provide good programs with more English subtitles in the future." A sign of hope, perhaps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 62 of 74

Jump to: