jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
American Football (NFL, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 237, 238, 239  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Giants beat the Patriots, 21-17.

Ho-hum... Had no rooting interest for either team.

I thought the pregame stories were more interesting.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Missed opportunities cost the Pats the game. Shake Head
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
Missed opportunities cost the Pats the game. Shake Head

Ask Gisele.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Ask Gisele.

I can see her chewing out the other players in the Pats locker room after the game. Beaten
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

Ask Gisele.

That's such a non-story but some people just wanted something to talk about. Shake Head
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
That's such a non-story but some people just wanted something to talk about. Shake Head

Just like when Brandon Jacobs said that they "decapitated" the Patriots.

I had no idea a four-point loss was a decapitation.

So what was the Giants 49-24 loss to the Saints, Brandon?

What a freaking moron. Shake Head
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I definitively saw this before the game, but when I asked around no one else had. They lead to believe it was my imagination, guess not. Doh!

Dick's Sporting Goods commercial
http://youtu.be/5ErII9JuweU
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:
I definitively saw this before the game, but when I asked around no one else had. They lead to believe it was my imagination, guess not. Doh!

Dick's Sporting Goods commercial
http://youtu.be/5ErII9JuweU

Now we know who jinxed the Pats.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Former 49ers wide receiver Freddie Solomon dead at 59

SAN FRANCISCO (AP)—Freddie Solomon, the former Miami Dolphins and 49ers wide receiver who became known as �gFabulous Freddie�h and committed himself to community service for decades, died Monday. He was 59.

The 49ers announced the passing of Solomon, who lived in Florida and had battled cancer over the past year. He played on the first of the franchise�fs four Super Bowl championship teams in the 1980s during an 11-year NFL career.

�gThe 49ers lost a member of our family today. We�fll miss you, Freddie Solomon,�h 49ers CEO Jed York posted on his Twitter account.

The Dolphins selected Solomon in the second round of the 1975 draft out of the University of Tampa. He spent his first three NFL seasons with Miami and his final eight in San Francisco, finishing with 371 receptions for 5,846 yards and 48 touchdowns in 371 games.

�gFreddie was very influential to me and my career, and taught me about work ethic and professionalism,�h Hall of Fame wideout Jerry Rice said. �gHe inspired me to go out there every day and emulate him.�h

During his stint in San Francisco, Solomon also ran for 329 yards and three TDs as an important member of late Hall of Fame coach Bill Walsh�fs West Coast offense.

�gThere was no one who gave more on and off the field than Freddie,�h Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana said. �gThe kindness he demonstrated was inspirational to all that knew him, and a joy to be around. The warmth of his smile will be forever imbedded in my mind and heart.�h

After his football career ended, Solomon worked for two decades in community relations with the Hillsborough County Sheriff�fs Office in Florida, where he mentored youth and taught vital life lessons through football fundamentals.

�gBesides his accomplishments as a player, Freddie truly cared about his community, whether it was here in South Florida or in the Tampa Bay area where he had his roots,�h Dolphins vice president Nat Moore said in a statement. �gHe was a kind and generous person, as exemplified by all of his charitable and civic deeds. It�fs a shame he passed away so young, and the Miami Dolphin organization extends its condolences to his family.�h

Solomon was born on Jan. 11, 1953, in Sumter, S.C. He is survived by wife, Dee; mother, Bessie Ruth Solomon; brothers Richard, Oneal and Roger; and mother-in-law Mae Jeffers.

�gIt is with a heavy heart that we announce the passing of Freddie Solomon, a beloved family member, friend, community leader and coach,�h the family said in a release. �gWe would like to thank all those who have supported him throughout his life. We appreciate all the love and prayers during this difficult time.�h
suzzy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Indianapolis-Colts-Jim-Irsay-released-with-class-030712

So after 14yrs the Colts let go of Peyton Manning and nOW the Jets wants him..............Say NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! u'll end up like Farve ( i think that how its spelled)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

suzzy wrote:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Peyton-Manning-Indianapolis-Colts-Jim-Irsay-released-with-class-030712

So after 14yrs the Colts let go of Peyton Manning and nOW the Jets wants him..............Say NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! u'll end up like Farve ( i think that how its spelled)

Nah, Favre retired and came back... Manning was just released.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Randy Moss, 49ers Agree To Deal
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Junior Seau Dead: Police Investigate Suspected Suicide At Home Of Former NFL Star

Former NFL player Junior Seau has died in a shooting at his home, according to reports by TMZ, 10News, the San Diego Union-Tribune and various media outlets.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Season kicks off in less than 24 hrs with the Giants playing the Cowboys.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:

Go Giants!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:

My bad. When I saw USC playing last weekend I just naturally assumed that the professional football season had started. Bleah
bmwracer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Go Giants!

Looks like I jinxed them: They're down 24-17, in the 4th. Sweat
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UCLA upsets Nebraska, 36-30. Applaud
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

4:53 to go in the first quarter. Niners lead 3-0. Harbaugh is foaming at the mouth.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Impressive debut by RG3 as the Redskins beat the Saints in New Orleans, 40-32.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 219 of 239

Jump to: