jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
KAT-TUN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Johnny & Associates cancels contract with Koki Tanaka, KAT-TUN becomes 4 man group

On October 9th, Johnny & Associates, Inc. announced the cancellation of their exclusive contract with KAT-TUN's Tanaka Koki as of September 30. Therefore, KAT-TUN is now a 4-member group.

Below is the translation for the announcement posted on Johnny's net website.

"We have decided to cancel our exclusive contract with KAT-TUN's Tanaka Koki as of September 30th, due to his repeated violation of the company rules. KAT-TUN will continue their activities with 4 members after Tanaka's withdrawal, so we would like to ask the fans for your support as you have done until now. - 2013.10.9 Johnny & Associates, Inc."
-
"It is what the company's announcement says. I told the members my gratitude for being in the group with me though I have caused so many troubles until now, and my feeling of apology that I am sorry. I am planning to continue my activities, so I will make further announcement when the details are set. - 2013.10.9 Tanaka Koki"

-

"To our fans and people concerned, we are terribly sorry for causing trouble this time. In order for us to raise the group's consciousness, we have had many talks, but we are very disappointed that it ended up like this for our member who we have been together for over 10 years. From now on, KAT-TUN's activities will continue with 4 members, so please continue to support us. - 2013.10.9 KAT-TUN"

Source: Johnny's net website
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And as a follow-up:

KAT-TUN discusses their future as a quartet

KAT-TUN members made their TV appearance for the first time after the announcement of a former member Tanaka Koki's withdrawal, and talked about their future activities.

Their appearance which was via recorded video, was on NTV's live broadcasting program "Shu-ichi" which a member Nakamaru Yuichi appears as a regular.

In the video, the 4 members first apologized for the recent uproar, and expressed their thoughts, but by the end, they said brightly that they would like to continue their activities positively.

They also revealed that they would release a mini album titled "Kusabi" on November 27th, and would hold their first solo count-down live concerts at the Kyocera Dome in Osaka on December 30th and 31st.

During the program, Nakamaru also expressed his feeling. He also talked about the rap part in their music which Tanaka used to be in charge of.

Nakamaru said, "We are often asked what we would do for the rap part, but just like when we became 5 of us from 6 of us, it is impossible to cover the person. It can never be as good as him. So from here on, we would like to continue our activities while taking our time seeking the strong point of 4 of us." He ended his comment with, "It would be great if our fans continue supporting both Tanaka and 4 of us."

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAT-TUN to hold their first tour in over two years

KAT-TUN will hold their first nationwide tour in 2 years and 3 months. This will also mark their first tour since they became a 4-member group after Tanaka Koki's withdrawal.

The group will kick off the tour on July 8 at Tokyo International Forum, which was the venue they held their first solo live in August 2002 before their CD debut. The live concert became a legend for the fans as a total of 550,000 people applied for the tickets.

KAT-TUN will make stops at 10 locations with 23 stages, and approximately 300,000 audience will attend the tour. They're also said to be planning for their overseas performance for their 10th anniversary 2 years later.

Prior to the tour, the group is scheduled to release new single "In Fact" on June 4 and new album "come Here" on June 25.

Source: Sanspo
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Former Kat-Tun member Koki Tanaka forms new band

Ex. KAT-TUN member Tanaka Koki has formed a new band called 'INKT'. The band's official website, fan club site, and Twitter account (@INKT_Member) have been launched.

INKT is comprised of 5 members who are KOKI (Vo), otherwise known as Tanaka Koki, mACKAz (B / ex. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR), SASSY (Dr / ex. HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR), Kei (G), and kissy (Key). On their official website, they wrote, "We formed this band as we wanted to deliver music that only the 5 of us can create."

Source: natalie
afoolstale

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've heard INKT's cd didn't sell very good. I don't know if it's true or not. It sounded good from what I've heard, but I prefer him with KAT-TUN. Watching their TV shows is is funny.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAT-TUN to release Tokyo Dome concert on DVD

On October 14, KAT-TUN will release a live DVD called "KAT-TUN LIVE 2015 quarter in TOKYO DOME".

KAT-TUN celebrated their debut 9th anniversary earlier in March. The upcoming DVD will feature the second day of the group's Tokyo Dome concert. Both limited and regular editions will contain the entire concert on two discs. Additionally, the limited edition will come with a third disc with a visual commentary, live footage of four songs taken from solo angles, and a complete version of the karaoke footage for "Real Face" and its making clip.

[KAT-TUN LIVE 2015 "quarter" in TOKYO DOME]

DISC 1�`2

�EOverture
�EKISS KISS KISS
�ERACE GOES ON
�ELIPS
�EONE DROP
�EBIRTH
�EConnect & Go
�EIn Fact
�EGOLD
�E-kusabi-
�ELovin' U
�ERESCUE
�EPHOENIX
�ESTAR RIDER
�EGIVE ME, GIVE ME, GIVE ME
�EFIRE and ICE
�E& FOREVER
�EHaru Natsu Aki Fuyu
�ENOTHING ELSE MATTERS
�ELove yourself�`Kimi ga Kiraina Kimi ga Suki�`
�ECOME HERE�`GIMME LUV�`LOVE�`THE D-MOTION
�EPHANTOM
�ERADIO
�EShuffle Corner
�EReal Face
�EArigatou
�EKiraito
�EDead or Alive
�ERAY
�ESorezore no Sora
�E4U
�EPeacefuldays
�EAtsukunare
�ESUNRISE

DISC 3�iLimited Edition Only�j

�EVisual Commentary�iDigest�j
�ESolo Angle 4 Songs�iKISS KISS KISS�AIn Fact�A& FOREVER�ARAY�j
�EReal Face Karaoke Footage Complete Version �� Making

Source: natalie
afoolstale

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just got their last one not even two weeks ago. Cursing
I guess I really shouldn't complain since I only skip through their DVDs. I've only ever watched one disc all the way through. I'm just not a fan of singing and dancing.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAT-TUN's Yuichi Nakamaru to star in TV Tokyo 2017 Spring drama

KAT-TUN's Nakamaru Yuichi will be starring in the upcoming TV Tokyo Spring 2017 drama "Massage Tantei Jo" (Massage Detective Jo" which will begin its run from April in the Saturdays 12.20am timeslot. The story features Nakamaru as the lead character Yabukihara Jo who works at a massage shop Hogusudo and solves murder cases which he encounters while on dispatch to his customers' places. Being a talented masseur, Jo gets a wealth of information through his customers' bodies and is able to send them into a trance with his massage skills. In every episode, there will be a female guest and information titbits about massage provided to the viewers. Co-stars include Baisho Mitsuko who plays Ekoba, the owner of Hogusudo, Ozawa Yukiyoshi who plays a slightly weird detective Money (Kaneishi Toru), Wada Masato who plays a serious detective Tiger (Kato Torao) and Koshiba Fuuka who plays Jo's colleague Aguri (Aguri Yoko).

Nakamaru commented that TV Tokyo is known for being adventurous in challenging unique genres in its TV programmes so he is very happy about being able to participate in this drama. As preparation for the filming, he is undergoing massage lessons and reading textbooks about acupoints. With regard to the content, Nakamaru revealed that it will have a mix of suspense, comedy and sexiness and viewers will also be able to know more about their bodies and acupoints while watching this drama. During this period when KAT-TUN has stopped its group activities for the time being, he hopes to rejuvenate himself as well both physically and mentally through working on this drama.

The drama will be shown first via Amazon Prime Video one week before its TV broadcast in April.

Sources: Eiga.com / Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KAT-TUN's Tatsuya Ueda to star in TV Tokyo Fall drama

KAT-TUN's Ueda Tatsuya will be starring in the new TV Tokyo Autumn 2017 drama "Shinjuku Swan" which will be starting from October 2017 in the Fridays 12.12am timeslot. This marks Ueda's first leading role in a drama series and he will be singing the theme song as a solo singer. The title of the song and the CD release date will be announced at a later date.

The drama which is based on the same-titled manga currently serialised in "Manga Goraku Special", is set at Kabukicho in Shinjuku where the lead character Nanase (Ueda) owns a pawnshop and is known for having a keen eye to determine whether an item is the real thing or a fake and its value. While appraising these items, he also gets involved in various incidents and trouble due to his clients. This will also be one of the rare instances where a TV Tokyo drama will head overseas for filming.

With regard to his first leading role in a drama series, Ueda said that he will do his best as always and he is very happy and honoured to be able to achieve his goal of landing a leading role one day as he likes acting. As for singing the theme song on his own, he believes that this will help him to grow as a singer while his group is currently on hiatus so he will put in his best effort for this as well. Ueda also hoped that this song will make viewers become more absorbed and engaged in the drama.

As Ueda had already read the manga before, he described his character as someone who you would not consider as a good person but he has a strong conviction towards things he believes in and would not do anything which goes against this. As such, he had always wanted to play a character like this and show everything that he's got through his acting. With regard to the action scenes, Ueda said that he's looking forward to it and will do any stunt for this drama while tapping on his boxing experience of more than 10 years. However, as Nanase's build is slightly different from his figure, Ueda revealed that he was instructed by the director to increase his weight so that he can resemble Nanase more.

Sources: Eiga.com / Oricon / Sponichi / Sanspo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1138, 1139, 1140
Page 1140 of 1140

Jump to: