jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1356, 1357, 1358 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GaimRider

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Up thru episode 5 of "Hajimemashite, Aishitemasu":http://www.jdorama.com/drama.hajimemashite-aishiteimasu.2293.htm

It's not a bad drama. It's not really a good drama either. I can't warm up to the little kid being adopted and I can't get behind Ono and Eguchi as the adoptive parents. Looks like this was written by somebody that's never had kids or they read one of those child psychology books written by somebody that's never had kids. Kimiko Yo as the counselor is giving some of the stupidest advice ever on how to raise a kid.

But if I know my drama cliches you can probably bet the rent check that at some point the birth mother will show up demanding her kid back.

not a sad drama neither? anyways, i know who will play the birth mother- Shida Mirai

yes, i read article about it via Dorama World yesterday-

http://doramaworld.blogspot.com/2016/08/shida-mirai-to-appear-in-hajimemashite.html

is there a thread focus on Shida Mirai?
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ouroboros
Death Note drama
junny

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Finished Kageri Yuku Natsu. Excellent stuff from start to finish, and I really enjoyed it. Watabe Atsuro was very solid in this and I thought it was well-written and directed. The music was great too.

Started the first two episodes of Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi, pretty offbeat and funny. Surprised to find each episode was less than 30 minutes, and like the feel of it so far.

blog
BuyMeThisDress

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Started the first two episodes of Mahoro Ekimae Bangaichi, pretty offbeat and funny. Surprised to find each episode was less than 30 minutes, and like the feel of it so far.

Those guys smoke so much I had the impulse to open all my windows after each episode.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

I really liked that drama. Ryuhei Matsuda was great as the stoner/slacker. The only problem was, for about a week after I had finished watching it, that "Happy ja nai, Lucky ja nai" song was stuck in my head. Bonk

Eyeyore said:

Quote:
Otoko Menshi - It has been so many years since the last time a food drama makes me walk into a kitchen and cook something to eat. There is hardly any storyline though.

Started this one also. You're right not much of a plot but it was a good thing I was watching episode 2 late at night, otherwise I would have run right out and got some gyoza and fried rice. Drooling
junny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BuyMeThisDress wrote:

Those guys smoke so much I had the impulse to open all my windows after each episode.

I'm six episodes in and yes, they smoke too much! But probably not as much as Nishijima Hidetoshi did in MOZU... that was just terrible all around.

gaijinmark wrote:

I really liked that drama. Ryuhei Matsuda was great as the stoner/slacker. The only problem was, for about a week after I had finished watching it, that "Happy ja nai, Lucky ja nai" song was stuck in my head. Bonk

Now you've got me thinking about that song, and then it's getting stuck in my head too! The song is lovely, as is the ending one. Matsuda Ryuhei has been great, although his Gyoten did take time to grow on me.

The "odd requests" are really, really odd, hehe

blog
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chibiladychoi wrote:
Ouroboros
Death Note drama

I'm interested in Ouroboros, how is it?
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

I passed on this when it first came out, primarily because I wasn't a big fan of either of the lead actors. But since you guys mentioned it, I figured I'd give it a try and surprise!! I thought it was great! None of the actors really stood out for me with the possible exception of Kenichi Takito as Chono.

My only two complaints were Ikuta's character acting like his brains were melting and about to come out of his ears every time he remembered something from the night of the crime, and episode 7, you have to suspend your sense of belief to see a guy that had just been shot and on the verge of death suddenly getting so much energy to fight so well. Several great fight scenes in the drama also, btw.

This is very much plot driven, lots of twists and turns, they keep you guessing. Reading the comments, I guess some people didn't like the ending, I kind of get their point, but I don't see how they could have ended it any other way.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

I passed on this when it first came out, primarily because I wasn't a big fan of either of the lead actors. But since you guys mentioned it, I figured I'd give it a try and surprise!! I thought it was great! None of the actors really stood out for me with the possible exception of Kenichi Takito as Chono.

My only two complaints were Ikuta's character acting like his brains were melting and about to come out of his ears every time he remembered something from the night of the crime, and episode 7, you have to suspend your sense of belief to see a guy that had just been shot and on the verge of death suddenly getting so much energy to fight so well. Several great fight scenes in the drama also, btw.

This is very much plot driven, lots of twists and turns, they keep you guessing. Reading the comments, I guess some people didn't like the ending, I kind of get their point, but I don't see how they could have ended it any other way.

With your recommendation I'm definitely jazzed up to check out this drama, thanks Mark! I was on the fence about it so I'm so glad to hear praise for it.

In the meantime, after reading some reviews of it I decided to give Boku no Yabai Tsuma a chance. Have you (or anyone reading) seen it? Dang, it's good. It's super addictive. I'm watching one episode per day when exercising (well, took me a couple days to watch the 1.5 hr pilot) and finding it endlessly compelling.

I haven't seen Ito Hideaki in anything before this except for a few minutes of Tentai Kansoku I saw before deciding to wait for a better version. He's good in this. Seems Kimura Yoshino has been in a lot also but I'm not familiar with her. She's excellent in the show. I know Aibu Saki from Rich Man, Poor Woman and she's holding her own for sure. I'm a big fan of Sasaki Kuranosuke from his role in Shikaotoko Aonoyoshi, and my wife and I were just discussing last night how good that show was (Tamaki Big Grin). I'm looking through these actors and trying to remember who Sato Ryuta played in Kimi wa Petto, one of the most under-appreciated jdramas I've seen....

BTW, anyone see Dr. Rintaro or Kounodori/Dr. Storks?
junny

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

I didn't like Chono. I'd have silenced him if I could.

Ikuo having a brain fart when he had to remember something got old pretty soon, and I didn't like the excessive use of flashbacks. The ending's sappy factor was irritating, and the cops were inept. Ikuo and Tatsuya had no business meeting so openly in public given their respective statuses, but well, logic is not strong with these ikemen.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but for me, this was just another average cop procedural. I wish they'd done more with Tatsuya.

blog
GaimRider

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

Ikuo having a brain fart when he had to remember something got old pretty soon, and I didn't like the excessive use of flashbacks. The ending's sappy factor was irritating, and the cops were inept. Ikuo and Tatsuya had no business meeting so openly in public given their respective statuses, but well, logic is not strong with these ikemen.

I'm glad you enjoyed it, but for me, this was just another average cop procedural. I wish they'd done more with Tatsuya.

then don't watch dramas or movies has Chono's actor in it. you probably wonder why no one subbing his drama, Ore no Dandyism.

not all dramas and movies are subbed you know anyways, if you like Ikuta then wait for his future works ok? yeah i like him, too i first saw him in Hana Kimi 2007 with Oguri Shun and Horikita Maki

i'm a huge fan of Johnnys lol
junny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GaimRider wrote:

then don't watch dramas or movies has Chono's actor in it. you probably wonder why no one subbing his drama, Ore no Dandyism.

not all dramas and movies are subbed you know anyways, if you like Ikuta then wait for his future works ok? yeah i like him, too i first saw him in Hana Kimi 2007 with Oguri Shun and Horikita Maki

i'm a huge fan of Johnnys lol

You're assuming way too much.

blog
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Anyway,

Up thru episode 7 of "Hajimemashite, Aishiteimasu". The last two episodes were the best so far, so its gone from being not very good to okay.

As GaimRider said, the birth mother has shown up. They've pulled out a cliche they usually use in divorced parents dramas. One parent is rich and the other, not necessarily poor, but maybe middle class, just getting by. That's the case here. The birth mother's family is rich, runs a hospital. Keeping with the stereotype that rich people are jerks, the grandmother has a personality that makes you want to put a cigarette out in her face.

Also started "Boku no Yabai Tsuma". I hate it when they make the first episode twice as long. Beat You

First time seeing Saki Aibu as a b-I-a-t-c-h.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Also started "Boku no Yabai Tsuma". I hate it when they make the first episode twice as long. Beat You

First time seeing Saki Aibu as a b-I-a-t-c-h.

Yay, you took my recommendation. Smile Thanks! I watched ep. 3 today and found the show continues to be quite compelling. I'll say regarding the double-length first ep I sometimes find it to be a drag but here I felt like they kept it moving at a good clip, so... I'll be eager to hear your thoughts.
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nagareboshi
chibiladychoi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

Hi!

I gave it a 9/10. It was compelling especially towards the end, first few episodes could have been better. Ikuta was really amazing as usual, acting wise. Try watching too Smile
GaimRider

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Anyway,

Up thru episode 7 of "Hajimemashite, Aishiteimasu". The last two episodes were the best so far, so its gone from being not very good to okay.

As GaimRider said, the birth mother has shown up. They've pulled out a cliche they usually use in divorced parents dramas. One parent is rich and the other, not necessarily poor, but maybe middle class, just getting by. That's the case here. The birth mother's family is rich, runs a hospital. Keeping with the stereotype that rich people are jerks, the grandmother has a personality that makes you want to put a cigarette out in her face.

the hospital you mentioned is the same one where Shinji's mother stays. yeah i know, i feel sorry for her..

by the way
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:

I understand. There was a drama about 10 years ago, "Tiger and Dragon". If you read the comments, almost everybody gave it an 8 or 9 or 10. Not me. I got about half way thru episode 3 or 4, hadn't laughed once (it was supposed to be a comedy) and gave up on it. One of the few dramas I thought was so bad I couldn't finish it.

If we all liked the same stuff it would be a pretty boring world.

maxrcriden

I finished "Boku no Yabai Tsuma". I thought it was great! I really liked it a lot! About halfway thru the last episode though I was starting to think, "Uh-oh, the writer's painted himself into a corner and can't get out. He doesn't have an ending." But he came up with a nice twist there at the end and it all made sense. I wouldn't trust any of those people though, as far as I could throw them.

I looked up the writer, Tsutomu Kuroiwa. He also wrote another drama I liked a lot, "Strawberry Night", a police drama.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doctor-X SP.

Ugh, the softsubs are out of sync with the video for some reason. Grumble

Looks like I'm gonna have to do some re-timing. Sweat
xploring

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching Gomen ne Seishun! again. It's really fun to watch, I laughed out loud at least once per episode. Writing is thought-provoking and wise at times, even better on re-watch.

HOPE episode 6 was extremely condensed, resuming after the Olympics. They crammed about 4 hours from the original Korean drama into 1 hour and predictably failed to reproduce the quality in the original. Yamamoto Mizuki is pretty, that's kind of the only reason I am watching.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1356, 1357, 1358 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1357 of 1375

Jump to: