jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
American Football (NFL, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 237, 238, 239  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Welcome back to Los Angeles, NFL:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TYMwoUHO4Q

Guess it's not a Raiders' thing, must be a Coliseum thing.

I think it's a too much beer thing.
shin2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a great weekend of college football. So many "fantastic finishes"--BYU/Toledo, Tennessee/Georgia, North Carolina/Florida St., Michigan St./Indiana, Utah/Cal, Minnesota/Penn St., Baylor/Iowa St. And of course the marquee matchup, Louisville/Clemson, which lived up to all the hype.
shin2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This past weekend was the most exciting week of football this season.

On the collegiate level, three of the top four ranked teams were upset; in addition four other top 20 ranked teams also went down in defeat.

In addition, Mount Union, the Ohio Division III powerhouse, had their 112-game regular season winning streak snapped by John Carroll, another Ohio school. Mount Union had last lost a regular season game in 2005 (remember what you were doing back then?). Since 1994 (how about back then?) Mount Union's regular season record was 222--1 before last Saturday's loss.

In the NFL, five or six games weren't decided until the final minute-and-a-half of the game. It was wild watching NFL Red Zone; there were double boxing and even triple boxing games as they came down to the wire.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And we had what I call the NFL's version of an inside the park home run, a blocked extra point returned for 2 points, Denver against New Orleans.

I believe that's the second time it's happened since they made the rule change. Last year the Saints did it to Carolina. Who btw, it appears will not have to make any travel plans for January.
shin2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday's NFL games produced an interesting fact. There were 12 failed extra point attempts. Contrast that with 2014, the last year before PAT kicks were moved back--that whole season there was a total of eight missed extra points.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if he bought a house out here:http://www.latimes.com/sports/rams/la-sp-rams-jeff-fisher-20161212-story.html

The thing I'll never understand is why they do this now. The same thing happens in MLB and the NBA. A last place team, just a few games left in the season, what's the point? Head Scratch

At least let him finish the year.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It appears it took Houston 14 weeks to figure out what anybody with an ounce of football common sense could have told them. Just because somebody plays on a Super Bowl championship team, that doesn't mean he's a championship type player. He was a back up for a reason. Beat You

And it looks like Oakland, Kansas City, and Miami are all going to the playoffs. It's 1971 all over again!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BROWNS WIN! w00t!

BROWNS WIN!! w00t! Dancing

BROWNS WIN!!!
w00t! Dancing Victory! Peace!

Los Angeles might ask San Diego to keep the Chargers ashamed
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
BROWNS WIN! w00t!

BROWNS WIN!! w00t! Dancing

BROWNS WIN!!!
w00t! Dancing Victory! Peace!

Maybe St. Louis shoulda kept the Rams as well. bleh
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:

But they didn't:https://www.yahoo.com/news/deadline-chargers-decision-extended-2-days-173025216--nfl.html

Should have saved my Dan Fouts jersey after all. Doh!
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GO FALCONS!!! Fingers crossed
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This years Super Bowl reminded me of some dramas I've watched. Really liked it until the ending, which totally sucked. Doh!
shin2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Falcons' epic collapse should not detract from Patriots' epic win.

And no, I am not a Pats fan.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There were two classes of College Football announcers.

1) Keith Jackson

2) All the rest.

RIP, Keith:http://beta.latimes.com/sports/la-me-keith-jackson-20180113-story.html
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Baseball has "Merkle's Boner" where Fred Merkle failed to touch second base and it cost the Giants the pennant. What will they call this? "Williams' Miss":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzpoj_NxqQ
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
Baseball has "Merkle's Boner" where Fred Merkle failed to touch second base and it cost the Giants the pennant. What will they call this? "Williams' Miss":https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJzpoj_NxqQ

I'd call it a "Williams Whiff." Mr Green
shin2

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
There were two classes of College Football announcers.

1) Keith Jackson

2) All the rest.

RIP, Keith:http://beta.latimes.com/sports/la-me-keith-jackson-20180113-story.html

Was out of the country, so I didn't know about Keith Jackson's passing until a couple of days ago.

He was THE voice of college football.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although it's not very popular in Japan, there is a big brouhaha about a game in which there was a late hit on a quarterback. Click on the underlined part in the first paragraph and it goes to a video of the hit:https://apnews.com/c1bc27066c824063a4e9da1ae5deae85

Somewhere, Al Davis is saying, "That's my kind of guy!"

But now the player is saying the coach told him to do it:https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2018/05/22/more-sports/football/nichidais-taisuke-miyagawa-says-coach-ordered-dirty-hits-football-game/#.WwSn0MKWzZ4
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ashley juggs

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^ And somewhere Al Davis is saying, "That's my kind of coach!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 238 of 239

Jump to: