jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1358, 1359, 1360 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

N no tameni episode 1 and 2.

Storytelling and execution is really quite good but there are parts which I found hard to watch, like how Nozomi's mother was. Naruse's change in episode was rather incomprehensible with little buildup. Not sure if I will continue, not a big fan of mystery and crime drama, albeit character driven.
GaimRider

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just finished Fall 2016 Dramas so i decided to watch one old drama from last year-

Omotesando Koukou Gasshoubu!

Shirota Yu as the music teacher! it's like watch Nodame but it take place at high school

for Winter 2017 Dramas i will decided but i won't watch Medical dramas anymore sorry KimuTaku
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Suna no Tou. The latter is rather hard to watch, and the expected (acting) showdown between Matsushima Nanako and Kanno Miho is not happening - then again, I'm only 5 episodes in.

Started this one. It has one of my least favorite scenarios. New people move in and are met with the housewives from hell that make the new people, especially the wife's life miserable.

But Miho Kanno hasn't had a big part in a drama in a few years, so that's keeping me going for now. This director has a real infatuation with slo-mo. If this were done in real time it would probably only be 9 episodes.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
N no tameni episode 1 and 2.

Storytelling and execution is really quite good but there are parts which I found hard to watch, like how Nozomi's mother was. Naruse's change in episode was rather incomprehensible with little buildup. Not sure if I will continue, not a big fan of mystery and crime drama, albeit character driven.

I wrote a reply to you a couple days ago, or was in the process of doing so, but unfortunately I think the internet ate it. I agree it was very difficult to watch Nozomi's mother but on the bright side after those first couple eps or so there is considerably less of her character. Which change of Naruse are you referring to in the ep, if you can remind me? Thanks. As to the show itself, I was a really big fan of it but I do like (usually character-driven) mystery and crime dramas... if the biggest issue was Nozomi's mother perhaps you'll enjoy it more as it goes on, it really does get quite a bit more enjoyable IMO as it becomes more involved with the Christmas Eve incident.

GaimRider wrote:
just finished Fall 2016 Dramas so i decided to watch one old drama from last year-

Omotesando Koukou Gasshoubu!

Shirota Yu as the music teacher! it's like watch Nodame but it take place at high school

for Winter 2017 Dramas i will decided but i won't watch Medical dramas anymore sorry KimuTaku

How did you like/are you liking this one? It caught my eye as a feel good kind of drama.

Still need to watch Nodame (beyond the first few mins)...gomen ne junny!

gaijinmark wrote:

Started this one. It has one of my least favorite scenarios. New people move in and are met with the housewives from hell that make the new people, especially the wife's life miserable.

But Miho Kanno hasn't had a big part in a drama in a few years, so that's keeping me going for now. This director has a real infatuation with slo-mo. If this were done in real time it would probably only be 9 episodes.

I think it's now you, ritsu (of http://ritsunodoramaland.wordpress.com) and I want to say also junny (IIRC) who I saw express a fairly meh reaction to this one, so unless you have a big turn around on it as it goes on it seems like it's a disappointment of a series based on your three reactions.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

I think it's now you, ritsu (of http://ritsunodoramaland.wordpress.com) and I want to say also junny (IIRC) who I saw express a fairly meh reaction to this one, so unless you have a big turn around on it as it goes on it seems like it's a disappointment of a series based on your three reactions.

It wasn't bad, but unless someone is a big Miho Kanno fan they'd probably be better off passing on this one.

And Nanako Matsushima better be careful. After "Suna no Tou" and "Kaseifu no Mita", she might end up getting typecast in "creepy older woman" roles.
junny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

It's watchable, but not a great loss if you skip it.

blog
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

Which change of Naruse are you referring to in the ep, if you can remind me? Thanks. As to the show itself, I was a really big fan of it but I do like (usually character-driven) mystery and crime dramas... if the biggest issue was Nozomi's mother perhaps you'll enjoy it more as it goes on, it really does get quite a bit more enjoyable IMO as it becomes more involved with the Christmas Eve incident. .

Thanks for replying. I stopped watching but it does come highly recommended so may be I will give it another chance. I prefer character driven dramas too.

Naruse's complicated feelings
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

I am looking forward this new season's dramas. There are a few good ones, it's been probably a few years since I had positive expectations about multiple dramas.
GaimRider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm watching new dramas

Super Salaryman Saenai-shi
Byplayers ~ Moshimo 6-nin no Meiwakiyaku ga Sharehouse de Kurashitara
Gekokujo Juken
Tokyo Tarareba Musume
Quartet
Shukatsu Kazoku ~ Kitto, Umaku Iku

speak of Shukatsu Kazoku ~ Kitto, Umaku Iku, they re-cast Tomikawa Shiori (Atsuko Maeda)'s boyfriend and is played by Watanabe Dai since the previous actor, Narimiya Hiroki will be not in this drama as he is retired from showbiz because of the drug

Last edited by GaimRider on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching IQ246:http://www.jdorama.com/drama.iq246-karei-naru-jikenbo.2316.htm

Mostly because I like Yuji Oda. Same basic scenario as "Galileo". Really smart guy solves crimes. The only difference is "Galileo" was a LOT better.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
It wasn't bad, but unless someone is a big Miho Kanno fan they'd probably be better off passing on this one.

And Nanako Matsushima better be careful. After "Suna no Tou" and "Kaseifu no Mita", she might end up getting typecast in "creepy older woman" roles.

junny wrote:
It's watchable, but not a great loss if you skip it.

With all the great dramas out there we've yet to watch, consider it skipped. Thank you both!

xploring wrote:
Thanks for replying. I stopped watching but it does come highly recommended so may be I will give it another chance. I prefer character driven dramas too.

Naruse's complicated feelings

I am looking forward this new season's dramas. There are a few good ones, it's been probably a few years since I had positive expectations about multiple dramas.

My pleasure. Thanks for clarifying which aspect of Naruse's actions you were referring to. FWIW, I think your interpretation of his behavior is a completely legitimate viewpoint and fully supported by what the show portrayed up to that point... I don't want to spoil anything for you... so I will say (a) there is a lot more to it and (b) the restaurant subplot moves to the background for much of the series.

Did you get to check out any of the new dramas yet? Seems like a very good crop.

GaimRider wrote:
i'm watching new dramas

Super Salaryman Saenai-shi
Byplayers ~ Moshimo 6-nin no Meiwakiyaku ga Sharehouse de Kurashitara
Gekokujo Juken
Tokyo Tarareba Musume
Shukatsu Kazoku ~ Kitto, Umaku Iku

speak of Shukatsu Kazoku ~ Kitto, Umaku Iku, they re-cast Tomikawa Shiori (Atsuko Maeda)'s boyfriend and is played by Watanabe Dai since the previous actor, Narimiya Hiroki will be not in this drama as he is retired from showbiz because of the drug

All those shows look great. I'm particularly interested in Juken and I also have my eye on Quartet. What are you thinking of these so far?

That is crazy about Hiroki. I liked him a lot in Orange Days and I thought he was great in Namida no 37.5C.

gaijinmark wrote:
Watching IQ246:http://www.jdorama.com/drama.iq246-karei-naru-jikenbo.2316.htm

Mostly because I like Yuji Oda. Same basic scenario as "Galileo". Really smart guy solves crimes. The only difference is "Galileo" was a LOT better.

I read a bit about IQ. I haven't seen Galileo, though, so I'll add that to my list to watch first. Thanks, Mark!
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

I read a bit about IQ. I haven't seen Galileo, though, so I'll add that to my list to watch first. Thanks, Mark!

I wouldn't bother unless you like the cast. I read a review and he said the writing is absolutely terrible.

I am going to watch Juken, Quartet and A Life (Kimutaku's new drama).
GaimRider

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that make three of us, i'm watch Quartet too!

just saw first episode yesterday. turn out it's Romance and Suspense! i won't spoil for you guys anyways, it has nice cast- Matsu Takako i saw her in Hero Season 1 with KimuTaku! she still look lovely and other is Mitsushima Hikari i really like her

look like Winter 2017 Dramas are getting better unlike last year. Shingo Katori and Juri Ueno's drama was sad. i don't like sad dramas very much. Quartet is not sad neither is Juken. both has well know actors i like for example- Juken has Sadao Abe and Kyoko Fukuda. she's a pretty mom in this show *drools*

i laughed as
xploring

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watching A Life episode 1. Feels really disjointed and it just moves from one event to another. It's not too hard to follow but I couldn't get into it. Not sure if it's because the director didn't understand the writer's vision, or the writer was given a pre-determined set of criteria... May be a bit of both. The acting from different members of the cast don't seem to be in sync with each other too, across different scenes.
xploring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watched Quartet episode 1 right after A Life, and I realized what was wrong with A Life. That drama was full of cliche, almost every scene contain a recycled plot device, I cannot think of any moment of originality in the first episode. In contrast, Quartet was full of interesting, thought-provoking, original dialogue. Dialogue and sometimes even facial expressions that made me want to rewatch the scene again, and sometimes again. Even after only one episode (and without watching other dramas), it's hard to imagine another drama this season that would be more highly regarded. And what's so good about it is all of meaningful, deep discussion were thoroughly undemanding on the audience. I am not really a fan of the mystery element here, but the positions it puts the characters in as a result are very interesting. This is probably the most promising first episode in recent memory (last few years). Mitsushima Hikari looks really cute in this, Matsu Takako's character is very different to her popular roles around 2000.
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ginnikan with Hayashi Kento.

http://asianwiki.com/Ginnikan

I couldn't get into it at the beginning and skipped 2 episodes (I was looking for Matsuoka Mayu, she appeared in episode 4). But I thought it was superb and really touching and absorbing after that. There's nothing very special about the story or the writing so it may be personal experience that elevated it to a great drama for me. But really good performances from everyone, especially Mayu of course and a great cameo from Kazama Shunsuke in episode 8. Only 9 episodes but it felt a lot longer than that, in a good way.

Let's Take A Sanriku Matchmaking-Party Train!

http://asianwiki.com/Let%27s_Take_A_Sanriku_Matchmaking-Party_Train

This is a 3-episodes NHK drama about people who lost loved one in the 311 tsunami. It centers almost entirely on the romance around the two main leads. It's not bad but I would rather see more scenes of town rejuvenation and community spirit. At the heart of it though, it's really about how to mourn for those who are no longer with us, keep their memories close to hearts, and live your own life at the same time. In this respect, I think it came together quite well in the last episode. Matsuoka Mayu only had very short cameo appearances, for the return of Shiomi Sansei from health problems.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK but seriously y'all WHO is this detective, the main guy narrating at the beginning who becomes emotional at the end.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5abuk3_overcoming-the-need-to-pee-%E3%81%8A%E3%81%97%E3%81%A3%E3%81%93%E6%84%9F%E3%81%98%E3%82%AC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3_fun

My wife and I are certain we know him from a dorama....

Thanks in advance!

(and thank YOU xploring for linking to this amazing show - it was taken off YT but it's on dailymotion and vid.me and there's a reddit page about these fansubs at reddit.com/r/funnyjapan)
junny

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:
OK but seriously y'all WHO is this detective, the main guy narrating at the beginning who becomes emotional at the end.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5abuk3_overcoming-the-need-to-pee-%E3%81%8A%E3%81%97%E3%81%A3%E3%81%93%E6%84%9F%E3%81%98%E3%82%AC%E3%83%9E%E3%83%B3_fun

My wife and I are certain we know him from a dorama....

That's Nishida Toshiyuki. He's got a string of works under his belt. I'm not sure what you've seen him in, but his recent works include I'm Home, Nobunaga Concerto, Kazoku no Katachi and Doctor X.

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Nishida_Toshiyuki

blog
TylerDurden2604

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Massugu na Otoko Reply with quote Back to top

Currently watching "Massugu na Otoko" (Ep 6) and i have to say i really like it so far.

I had some some problems with the first two episodes (thanks to Fukada Kyoko) but after that, it seems to get more mature and even serious. I like that and the main character does a very good job portraying the "straight man".

Watabe Atsuro is a bit wasted (and strange) in this but Kanjiya Shihori and her shy smile is too cute and even Fukada Kyoko seems to grow on me during the episodes.

I�Lm really looking forward to the rest of it but up until now, it�Ls a great show with a likable cast, especially Sato Ryuta!
Darkamlight

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't usually see a lot of jdramas anymore but thanks to Crunchyroll I've been watching a few sentais AND right now I'm watching:

- Life in Additional Time (Loss:Time:Life)

It's about people that die and are given an "extra time" before they actually die. With this they have the opportunity to do something that they regret in the past or to put it simply, to say goodbye somehow.

Is that really sad? Yeap but nonetheless we are talking about a japanese drama and they always have to put something funny on it. In this show we got some referees guiding the characters, cheer them and there are even announcers like in a football match. lol

I quite like it! Very enjoyable and entertaining. Big Grin

PS Feels nostalgic to post something about jdramas. Specially for this one cause I recognize a few actors like Juri Ueno, Eita, Atsushi Ito from other dramas!
Rinrin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just finished Onnatachi no Tokusou Saizensen. Debating on whether to start Otoko Meshi or Last Cop.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1358, 1359, 1360 ... 1373, 1374, 1375  Next
Page 1359 of 1375

Jump to: