jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Uchiyama Rina
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tanjobi omedeto, Rina-chan! Smile

Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Tanjobi omedeto, Rina-chan! Smile

One of the classic pics on this thread. Is she up to much these days...seeing as you are the first to post in this thread for a while.
Jav_sol

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
One of the classic pics on this thread. Is she up to much these days...seeing as you are the first to post in this thread for a while.

Last time I saw her was in Seito Shokun! and that show is a few years old, I think.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jav_sol wrote:

Last time I saw her was in Seito Shokun! and that show is a few years old, I think.

Guess her career is waning, perhaps....

I know dochira is probably lamenting the situation... Wink
mrsmith10

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Happy Birthday Rina. Big Grin

She hasn't been in many dramas lately, but she's still been in some TV and cinema movies in recent years. Mostly she's been flying under the radar, probably forgotten because of all the younger actresses around.

hitomi #1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^ Know you're a fan, you should check out her drama Bus Stop, it was her first big role and she was quite good in it, plus it's one of the best dramas you can ever watch. Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hitomi #1 wrote:
^^ Know you're a fan, you should check out her drama Bus Stop, it was her first big role and she was quite good in it, plus it's one of the best dramas you can ever watch. Victory! Peace!

Bus Stop is on my watch list, as well as Handoku. I enjoy Rina quite a bit, but it's kinda sad that while she's good in almost everything she in, half of the dramas that she's in are mediocre. Shake Head However, I still enjoy Rina even if she's in a crappy drama because she ends up being the one bright spot of the drama.
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

^^ Know what you mean about some of your faves being in some crappy dramas, Ryoko is too known for that, Doh! but really think you'll enjoy Bus Stop, least others besides me voted for it being in their top 15, I've watched 5 times in the last 2 years and probably will have another watch before the year's out, Sweat it really is that good. When you get it let me know how the quality is on it, don't know where I got it from but the quality is sub par, Puppy Dog Eyes won't stop me watching it over and over but wouldn't mind a better version, though with older ones not always easy to find HQ versions of them. Shake Head
hitomi #1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More Bus Stop, old cover of TV Guide with the main cast, for some reason she really has the hots for the guy at the other end. Shocked

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rina Uchiyama to be guest star in episode 3 of "Aino Kekkon Soudanjo"

Uchiyama Rina will be the guest star in the third episode of TV Asahi Summer 2017 drama "Aino Kekkon Soudanjo" which will be shown on 11 August.

She plays the role of a former idol Ozu Shoko who is an actress now and doesn't mince her words. She had divorced her husband a few years ago and was sued by him for moral harassment which led to her being hounded by the media. When she tried to attend the funeral of her mother who had abandoned her when she was a child, she couldn't do it privately as the media caught wind of it. At this time when Shoko is not doing well in life, she gets an unexpected offer from Aino (Yamazaki Ikusaburo) who offers to find a marriage partner for her. According to Sister Elisabeth (Takanashi Rin), Aino even waives the 2 million yen membership fee for Shoko because he is her fan. Even though Shoko initially has no interest in getting remarried and rejects Aino's offer, she decides to give it a go since he's so confident of making this work. However, Shoko sets two conditions for her potential marriage partner i.e. he must not know that she used to be an idol and should dislike kids.

Uchiyama commented that when she first got the script, she was impressed by how interesting it was and couldn't wait for the filming to start. According to the director, Shoko is someone who thinks too highly of herself and causes trouble for the people around her. Nonetheless, Uchiyama said that she had fun playing Shoko even though she admitted that it will be troublesome to have someone like Shoko around. Especially since Shoko had a turbulent life from being a top idol to an actress who gets into petty battles with current idols and divorcee who parted with her husband under less than desirable circumstances, Uchiyama hopes to be able to show how Shoko speaks what she thinks and convey the latter's emotions accurately.

Source: Oricon
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rina Uchiyama to star in NHK drama

Uchiyama Rina will be starring in the new NHK drama "Machikouba no Onna" (The woman of the small town factory) which consists of 7 episodes and will begin its run from 10 November in the Fridays 10pm timeslot. The story is based on the book "Machikouba no Musume" by Suwa Takako and set in a small town factory in Aichi Prefecture so filming will be done on location in Nagoya.

Uchiyama plays the lead character Arimoto Hikari who is a 32-year-old housewife and lives with her husband (Nagai Masaru) and their son. When she was a child, her father Taizo (Tachi Hiroshi) tried to groom her to become his successor and manage the family business i.e. a small factory but Hikari resisted the idea. One day, when Taizo collapses due to exhaustion, Hikari is shocked to find out that her father has cancer and only has 4 days to live. In order to protect his factory, she decides to take on the role of company president. However, her husband who she is thinking of relying on to help her with the business, is sent to the US for an overseas posting. To make things worse, Hikari is seen as a president in name only and is belittled by the factory's executives, employees and their main bank. Co-stars include Yanagisawa Shingo, Murakami Jun, Oshinari Shugo, Kariya Shunsuke, Ichige Yoshie and Takenaka Naoto.

Uchiyama who will be acting in the leading role of a NHK drama for the first time, said that although she is worried and nervous, she is prepared to take on the challenge and show how a housewife manages a company with her unique perspective and finds out more about her late father through the process. As such, this is not just a business story but also one about a father and his daughter.

Sources: Oricon / Nikkansports
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rina Uchiyama marries Eisaku Yoshida

Rina Uchiyama and Eisaku Yoshida have released a joint statement announcing their marriage.

According to persons concerned, the two submitted their marriage registration papers on the 21st. They are not planning on holding a wedding ceremony or reception. Uchiyama is not pregnant and will continue to work.

The two also made the announcement via their respective Instagram accounts. Uchiyama wrote, "He loves nature, is grateful for everyday, and lives his life carefully. My days grow abundant being with him." Meanwhile, Yoshida said, "Since we began dating a few years ago, she has been taking care of my health. Now that I'm in my 50s, I realized how important that is to my mind and body, and even to my work and future. I am grateful."

Yoshida and Uchiyama co-starred for the first time in TBS's special drama 'Konno Bin Suspense: Kakusho~Keishicho Sosa San-ka' in November of 2017. After filming wrapped up for the drama, they would often get together for meals with the cast. They made it official in April of 2018. "Mysteriously, we were interested in many of the same topics. Since we first co-starred four years ago, we have talked about many things," Uchiyama reflected.

On their ideal family, they commented, "We will put our powers together, be considerate about each other, and live our lives together with constant smiles." Moreover, as Yoshida's mother passed away in April, he expressed, "I will do my best so that my mom in heaven will also be happy!"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 232, 233, 234
Page 234 of 234

Jump to: