jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Winter 2016   Spring 2016   Summer 2016   Fall 2016
What dramas are you currently watching?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1357, 1358, 1359

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

N no tameni episode 1 and 2.

Storytelling and execution is really quite good but there are parts which I found hard to watch, like how Nozomi's mother was. Naruse's change in episode was rather incomprehensible with little buildup. Not sure if I will continue, not a big fan of mystery and crime drama, albeit character driven.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

just finished Fall 2016 Dramas so i decided to watch one old drama from last year-

Omotesando Koukou Gasshoubu!

Shirota Yu as the music teacher! it's like watch Nodame but it take place at high school

for Winter 2017 Dramas i will decided but i won't watch Medical dramas anymore sorry KimuTaku
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

junny wrote:
Suna no Tou. The latter is rather hard to watch, and the expected (acting) showdown between Matsushima Nanako and Kanno Miho is not happening - then again, I'm only 5 episodes in.

Started this one. It has one of my least favorite scenarios. New people move in and are met with the housewives from hell that make the new people, especially the wife's life miserable.

But Miho Kanno hasn't had a big part in a drama in a few years, so that's keeping me going for now. This director has a real infatuation with slo-mo. If this were done in real time it would probably only be 9 episodes.
maxcriden

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

xploring wrote:
N no tameni episode 1 and 2.

Storytelling and execution is really quite good but there are parts which I found hard to watch, like how Nozomi's mother was. Naruse's change in episode was rather incomprehensible with little buildup. Not sure if I will continue, not a big fan of mystery and crime drama, albeit character driven.

I wrote a reply to you a couple days ago, or was in the process of doing so, but unfortunately I think the internet ate it. I agree it was very difficult to watch Nozomi's mother but on the bright side after those first couple eps or so there is considerably less of her character. Which change of Naruse are you referring to in the ep, if you can remind me? Thanks. As to the show itself, I was a really big fan of it but I do like (usually character-driven) mystery and crime dramas... if the biggest issue was Nozomi's mother perhaps you'll enjoy it more as it goes on, it really does get quite a bit more enjoyable IMO as it becomes more involved with the Christmas Eve incident.

GaimRider wrote:
just finished Fall 2016 Dramas so i decided to watch one old drama from last year-

Omotesando Koukou Gasshoubu!

Shirota Yu as the music teacher! it's like watch Nodame but it take place at high school

for Winter 2017 Dramas i will decided but i won't watch Medical dramas anymore sorry KimuTaku

How did you like/are you liking this one? It caught my eye as a feel good kind of drama.

Still need to watch Nodame (beyond the first few mins)...gomen ne junny!

gaijinmark wrote:

Started this one. It has one of my least favorite scenarios. New people move in and are met with the housewives from hell that make the new people, especially the wife's life miserable.

But Miho Kanno hasn't had a big part in a drama in a few years, so that's keeping me going for now. This director has a real infatuation with slo-mo. If this were done in real time it would probably only be 9 episodes.

I think it's now you, ritsu (of http://ritsunodoramaland.wordpress.com) and I want to say also junny (IIRC) who I saw express a fairly meh reaction to this one, so unless you have a big turn around on it as it goes on it seems like it's a disappointment of a series based on your three reactions.
gaijinmark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

I think it's now you, ritsu (of http://ritsunodoramaland.wordpress.com) and I want to say also junny (IIRC) who I saw express a fairly meh reaction to this one, so unless you have a big turn around on it as it goes on it seems like it's a disappointment of a series based on your three reactions.

It wasn't bad, but unless someone is a big Miho Kanno fan they'd probably be better off passing on this one.

And Nanako Matsushima better be careful. After "Suna no Tou" and "Kaseifu no Mita", she might end up getting typecast in "creepy older woman" roles.
junny

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

It's watchable, but not a great loss if you skip it.
xploring

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maxcriden wrote:

Which change of Naruse are you referring to in the ep, if you can remind me? Thanks. As to the show itself, I was a really big fan of it but I do like (usually character-driven) mystery and crime dramas... if the biggest issue was Nozomi's mother perhaps you'll enjoy it more as it goes on, it really does get quite a bit more enjoyable IMO as it becomes more involved with the Christmas Eve incident. .

Thanks for replying. I stopped watching but it does come highly recommended so may be I will give it another chance. I prefer character driven dramas too.

Naruse's complicated feelings
Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

I am looking forward this new season's dramas. There are a few good ones, it's been probably a few years since I had positive expectations about multiple dramas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1357, 1358, 1359
Page 1359 of 1359

Jump to: