jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2017   Summer 2017   Fall 2017   Winter 2018  
JDrama Recommendations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
estranged



Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 58


PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Peter Pan wrote:
Hello Everybody!

I have already watched a couple of J-Doramas, but to be honest: I find most of them either too "corny" or too silly. However, since they are great for improving my Japanese, I watch them anyways....

The only Dorama I really liked so far, was Kekkon Dekinai Otoko - kind of funny, relatively simple and nice story line and, of course, cute girls hehe
So I was wondering if anybody could recommend something similar to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko that I might like.

Thank you in advance,

Peter Pan

The closest show to Kekkon Dekinai Otoko that I can think of is Haken no Hinkaku, starring Shinohara Ryoko as a super but weird temp worker.

Her character is pretty similar to that of Abe Hiroshi's in KDO, though it's a little more unrealistic. The supporting cast is very well chosen and it was enjoyable to see the development of the characters throughout the show. Overall, it's a show that looks into the prejudices faced by temp workers with a good mix of comedy, romance and some touching moments.

You may want to try Haikei, Chichiue-sama as well. The show has rather slow start but you'll soon begin to be drawn in to all the interesting and complex characters. The show also has a very Japanese flavour and a good balance of being serious but yet funny. A very underrated show to say the least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
-JiN-



Joined: 21 Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This probably has been said many times, but I finished HYD1 and 2 not long ago and was wondering are there any dramas that are similar?

Thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
avid_fan8



Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1


PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i've just finished watching H2 and i find it nice... the story is simple and it has a nice ending as well... can you recommend any more series that have the same type as this series?

i've also watched HYD1 and 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yudhinia



Joined: 20 May 2007
Posts: 1


PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ange3l wrote:
hello...

i'm really very bored.. and i desperately need someone to recommend good doramas for me.. i'm really usless in finding out these things for myself.. i don't mind any genre.. just anything good >< thanks


don't be so bored. there are so many dorama waiting for you to be watched. here's just my personal review:

# gokusen 1 & 2 - watch it if you want to see pretty boys with funny student-teacher story. i like matsu jun's style here, compared to HYD.
# hana yori dango 2 - i didn't watch the first, but the sequel is good. but, i don't like domyouji.
# my boss my hero - make you laugh since the first episode, it's very funny.
# nobuta wo produce - good story about friendship. don't give up watching on the first episode.
# princess princess D - totally not reccomended, i don't know if you like boys with lolita dress. i can't understand why the comic is so popular.
# kira kira kenshui - reccomended. it's not only funny, but also give you fighting spirit for your job, even it's not as a doctor.
# anego - i like shinohara ryoko, here she act very good. the story itself is contented.
# unfair - another shinohara ryoko's performance. very good detective story. i give two thumbs up for this drama.
# kindaichi - kamenashi kazuya acts good as a young detective. the vampire story is odd, but finally i find out a nice explanation about blood things. not as scary as I thinked before.
# detective conan - too many coincidence. i like the comic books very much, so i've got dissapointed with this movie.
# nodame cantabile - i like the comical scene in this drama. i didn't read the comic, but by watching this drama, i feel like reading comic. really funny.
# attention please - i like the story about cabin attendants, funny ueto aya, and a fast moving scene. cool!
# attention please SP hawaii - eventhough i like attention please, this SP is dissaponted me. ueto aya become very annoying in this drama, but the story about ALOHA inspiring me.

please suggest me another funny drama. thank you...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Steve



Joined: 29 Sep 2004
Posts: 70
Location: Jakarta
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yudhinia wrote:


don't be so bored. there are so many dorama waiting for you to be watched. here's just my personal review:

# gokusen 1 & 2 - watch it if you want to see pretty boys with funny student-teacher story. i like matsu jun's style here, compared to HYD.
# hana yori dango 2 - i didn't watch the first, but the sequel is good. but, i don't like domyouji.
# my boss my hero - make you laugh since the first episode, it's very funny.
# nobuta wo produce - good story about friendship. don't give up watching on the first episode.
# princess princess D - totally not reccomended, i don't know if you like boys with lolita dress. i can't understand why the comic is so popular.
# kira kira kenshui - reccomended. it's not only funny, but also give you fighting spirit for your job, even it's not as a doctor.
# anego - i like shinohara ryoko, here she act very good. the story itself is contented.
# unfair - another shinohara ryoko's performance. very good detective story. i give two thumbs up for this drama.
# kindaichi - kamenashi kazuya acts good as a young detective. the vampire story is odd, but finally i find out a nice explanation about blood things. not as scary as I thinked before.
# detective conan - too many coincidence. i like the comic books very much, so i've got dissapointed with this movie.
# nodame cantabile - i like the comical scene in this drama. i didn't read the comic, but by watching this drama, i feel like reading comic. really funny.
# attention please - i like the story about cabin attendants, funny ueto aya, and a fast moving scene. cool!
# attention please SP hawaii - eventhough i like attention please, this SP is dissaponted me. ueto aya become very annoying in this drama, but the story about ALOHA inspiring me.

please suggest me another funny drama. thank you...


I think this two are the other good and funny drama:
-Lunch no Joou: all the casts are pretty famous actor/actress, there are many funny scene.

-Kekkon Dekinai Otoko: its about a weird but skillful and handsome(maybe) architect played by Abe Hiroshi, u will see how weird he is and defenitely will laugh for it. The other casts are also doing a nice job, they make this drama fresh and enterteining.

I'm not good enough to write an interesting review but anyway just check it out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thtl



Joined: 27 Oct 2005
Posts: 5016
Location: Hong Kong
Country: Hong Kong

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yudhinia wrote:


don't be so bored. there are so many dorama waiting for you to be watched. here's just my personal review:

# gokusen 1 & 2 - watch it if you want to see pretty boys with funny student-teacher story. i like matsu jun's style here, compared to HYD.
# hana yori dango 2 - i didn't watch the first, but the sequel is good. but, i don't like domyouji.
# my boss my hero - make you laugh since the first episode, it's very funny.
# nobuta wo produce - good story about friendship. don't give up watching on the first episode.
# princess princess D - totally not reccomended, i don't know if you like boys with lolita dress. i can't understand why the comic is so popular.
# kira kira kenshui - reccomended. it's not only funny, but also give you fighting spirit for your job, even it's not as a doctor.
# anego - i like shinohara ryoko, here she act very good. the story itself is contented.
# unfair - another shinohara ryoko's performance. very good detective story. i give two thumbs up for this drama.
# kindaichi - kamenashi kazuya acts good as a young detective. the vampire story is odd, but finally i find out a nice explanation about blood things. not as scary as I thinked before.
# detective conan - too many coincidence. i like the comic books very much, so i've got dissapointed with this movie.
# nodame cantabile - i like the comical scene in this drama. i didn't read the comic, but by watching this drama, i feel like reading comic. really funny.
# attention please - i like the story about cabin attendants, funny ueto aya, and a fast moving scene. cool!
# attention please SP hawaii - eventhough i like attention please, this SP is dissaponted me. ueto aya become very annoying in this drama, but the story about ALOHA inspiring me.

please suggest me another funny drama. thank you...


Try ]Nodame Cantabile.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thtl wrote:
Try Nodame Cantabile.

It's already on the list. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KenC



Joined: 08 Mar 2007
Posts: 16
Location: Canada
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

although its currently airing and not complete yet, Proposal Daisakusen is really good so far!! I definently recommend it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
yellowboze



Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 12
Location: Philippines
Country: Philippines

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject: hah! Reply with quote Back to top

im in desperate need of good jdoramas. i turned from otaku to jdorama fan so far i finished densha otoko & my boss my hero now im currently watching attention please(maybe its just me or aya ueto took acting lessons from charlene choi...), anymore dramas of similar themes/genre anybody can recommend? thanks for the help
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watch Nodame or else. Beaten hehe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yellowboze



Joined: 22 May 2007
Posts: 12
Location: Philippines
Country: Philippines

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

anybody here who could recommend some good sentai series?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jaegal_Maut



Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1764
Location: Jakaruta Machi
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Watch Nodame or else.
Nodame's after effect sure really got into you ne~, Mr Green

Any recomendation for the upcoming funny dorama (preferably like TRICK 1) or Musical themed dorama like Nodame Mr Green??
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125496
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jaegal_Maut wrote:
Nodame's after effect sure really got into you ne~, Mr Green

That's for sure... Victory! Peace!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gaijinmark



Joined: 13 Apr 2007
Posts: 11533
Location: The real world, no alternative facts
Country: Finland

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jaegal_Maut wrote:

Any recomendation for the upcoming funny dorama (preferably like TRICK 1) or Musical themed dorama like Nodame Mr Green??
    Well, you might want to check out Kekkon dekinai Otoko it has Abe Hiroshi from the TRICK series and it's hilarious! Applaud
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sucigam



Joined: 31 Dec 2006
Posts: 38


PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jaegal_Maut wrote:
Nodame's after effect sure really got into you ne~, Mr Green

Any recomendation for the upcoming funny dorama (preferably like TRICK 1) or Musical themed dorama like Nodame Mr Green??


You might want to check Psychometrer Eiji and Keizoku, those two were both IMO as good if not better than Trick. Both shows were made by the same director and they both have horror and quirky comedy elements.

I'm not sure if there is another comedic music drama like Nodame out there, maybe Suna no Utsuwa is something you might like if you are in to classical music. It's a very dark drama though so if that's not your thing you should probably stay away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yuki4eva



Joined: 11 Apr 2007
Posts: 1
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

romance--
certainly Hana Yori Dango 2!!!!! best comedy romance there can ever be!!
Friends is a very sweet drama <3

comedy--
nodame cantabile
my boss, my hero
stand up
gokusen 1 and 2

other--
Ichi Ritoru no Namida
Hitotsu yane no shita 1 and 2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaegal_Maut



Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1764
Location: Jakaruta Machi
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijinmark wrote:
    Well, you might want to check out Kekkon dekinai Otoko it has Abe Hiroshi from the TRICK series and it's hilarious! Applaud

Done with that, It was so funny Mr Green

sugicam wrote:
You might want to check Psychometrer Eiji and Keizoku, those two were both IMO as good if not better than Trick. Both shows were made by the same director and they both have horror and quirky comedy elements.

I'm not sure if there is another comedic music drama like Nodame out there, maybe Suna no Utsuwa is something you might like if you are in to classical music. It's a very dark drama though so if that's not your thing you should probably stay away.

I already got Keizoku, but it still in my bottom drawer(meaning not this months to be watch list) I thought that Keizoku is more like family-themed dorama without any comedy at all, Well thanks for your recomendation, I'll check Psychometer Eiji and Suna no Utsuwa out :thumbs_up:
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mrs. Yamapi &#9829;



Joined: 29 May 2007
Posts: 1
Location: Manila
Country: Philippines

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ill definitley recommend that you guys watch NOBUTA WO PRODUCE! <3

and of course

Gokusen 1 and 2 (but it gets tiring because they follow the same pattern of events episode after episode!)

GTO

HYD 1 and 2 (Jun-kun and Mao-chan will make your heart melt)

and all of Yamapi's dramas! <3 Princess Princess D is good, too!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
fayewolf



Joined: 09 Oct 2005
Posts: 58


PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am so brave, after watching some sad doramas, I told myself never again,a and I watched Ichi Ritoru no namida... what the hell was I thinking? I wept the whole time!!!

I need some suggestions of happy, funny, dorama to get me out of this depression!!

I would love to download nomade cantabile but the torrent speed is really slow? Anyone knows where else i can download the english subbed version without torrent? Thanks!

Other suggestions?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jaegal_Maut



Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 1764
Location: Jakaruta Machi
Country: Indonesia

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fayewolf TRICK 1, Kekkon dekinai Otoko or Densha will do the trick ^^
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 292, 293, 294  Next
Page 122 of 294

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum