jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Health Advice/Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125528
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Daichi Kai wrote:
OnTopic:

Have no idea yet...
Still searching for a quality reply in this topic...

Okee.....................................
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Okee.....................................



If Daichi wants suggestions re: health perhaps he should narrow the request a bit to something specific.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKM



Joined: 11 Oct 2007
Posts: 6


PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Insomnia... get a younger sister, give her a baseball bat, enrage her, problem solved.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125528
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AKM wrote:
Insomnia...

Watch Gokusen 2 or Kirakira Kenshui... If you don't get sick first. bleh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wynter



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 19307
Location: Musa's Pocket
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Better his ear than his nose... Beaten hehe


bleh bleh

Alrighty, so I have this itchy eye. It started when I washed my face before bed. At first I thought I had an eyelash in my eye, but when I went to check there was nothing there. In fact, it felt like there was something underneath my top eyelid, but no matter how many times I washed my eye with water or checked to see if I could see anything, I found nothing.

It was hard for me to sleep because every time I closed the one eye, it would painfully itch. I ended up squeezing my eye shut and pressing it hard against the pillow in order to sleep.

This morning it was very sticky and continues to be see. It's not red, so I dunno what's up with it. It's still mildy itchy. Feels sorta hot as well...
_________________

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Anime Dad



Joined: 19 Jun 2006
Posts: 11356
Location: オーストラリア
Country: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:


bleh bleh

Alrighty, so I have this itchy eye. It started when I washed my face before bed. At first I thought I had an eyelash in my eye, but when I went to check there was nothing there. In fact, it felt like there was something underneath my top eyelid, but no matter how many times I washed my eye with water or checked to see if I could see anything, I found nothing.

It was hard for me to sleep because every time I closed the one eye, it would painfully itch. I ended up squeezing my eye shut and pressing it hard against the pillow in order to sleep.

This morning it was very sticky and continues to be see. It's not red, so I dunno what's up with it. It's still mildy itchy. Feels sorta hot as well...


Could be you got a speck of dirt or something under there. It doesn't take much to irritate an eye Smile

Mrs A.D. got an eye infection once: It got so bad she had to go to hospital. She ended up picking up a Golden Staph infection in it, and was in hospital for a week Shocked

Not trying to scare you or anything Puppy Dog Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:


bleh bleh

Alrighty, so I have this itchy eye. It started when I washed my face before bed. At first I thought I had an eyelash in my eye, but when I went to check there was nothing there. In fact, it felt like there was something underneath my top eyelid, but no matter how many times I washed my eye with water or checked to see if I could see anything, I found nothing.

It was hard for me to sleep because every time I closed the one eye, it would painfully itch. I ended up squeezing my eye shut and pressing it hard against the pillow in order to sleep.

This morning it was very sticky and continues to be see. It's not red, so I dunno what's up with it. It's still mildy itchy. Feels sorta hot as well...


Sounds like you have conjunctivitis or "pink eye" ...sounds infected...i'd head to the doctor and get some medicated eye drops or at least go to the local drugstore and get some sterile eyewash to clean out your eyeball. upping your intake of vitamin c wouldn't hurt either because vitamin c helps the immune system fight any type of infection in the body; moreover, the level of vitamin c in your eye fluid is higher than in other parts of your body, normally....even higher than in your bloodstream.

maybe the web might be able to give you some other homopathic remedies short of going to the doctor.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wynter



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 19307
Location: Musa's Pocket
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:


Sounds like you have conjunctivitis or "pink eye" ...sounds infected...i'd head to the doctor and get some medicated eye drops or at least go to the local drugstore and get some sterile eyewash to clean out your eyeball. upping your intake of vitamin c wouldn't hurt either because vitamin c helps the immune system fight any type of infection in the body; moreover, the level of vitamin c in your eye fluid is higher than in other parts of your body, normally....even higher than in your bloodstream.

maybe the web might be able to give you some other homopathic remedies short of going to the doctor.


Yea... I was suspecting it might be pink-eye, except that my eye isn't pink/red. I'll see what happens by tomorrow, and if it progresses, I'll visit the clinic.

Thanks. Muack
_________________

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:


Yea... I was suspecting it might be pink-eye, except that my eye isn't pink/red. I'll see what happens by tomorrow, and if it progresses, I'll visit the clinic.

Thanks. Muack



In the meantime if you have vitamin c supplements at home, I'd take a few thousand milligrams...when your body has an infection anywhere the tolerance of the body for supplemental vitaminc c increases dramatically because the body can use that extra vitamin c to fight the infection.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wynter



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 19307
Location: Musa's Pocket
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:



In the meantime if you have vitamin c supplements at home, I'd take a few thousand milligrams...when your body has an infection anywhere the tolerance of the body for supplemental vitaminc c increases dramatically because the body can use that extra vitamin c to fight the infection.


Sure thing. >>will have some with dinner<<
_________________

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
krim



Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 12316
Location: burunto o suimasu ka?
Country: Spain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

<--- has nasty drip. Grumble
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
<--- has nasty drip. Grumble



stop the yay, and have a nice day.

Beaten
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wynter



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 19307
Location: Musa's Pocket
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krim wrote:
<--- has nasty drip. Grumble


What's a drip...

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

_________________

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dochira



Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Posts: 8550
Location: California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wynter wrote:

What's a drip...

I'm guessing a little sniffle.

Wynter wrote:

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

See that gutter? Time to get your mind out of there. hehe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Wynter



Joined: 23 Jul 2006
Posts: 19307
Location: Musa's Pocket
Country: Canada

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

See that gutter? Time to get your mind out of there. hehe


This is prolly why I suck at bowling. hehe

drip = slight runny nose! That makes sense. Doh!
_________________

Wanna trade? My Drama List (UPDATED: July, 2013)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Organic Produce and Milk Offer Abundant Antioxidants

Large study finds up to 40 percent more antioxidants in organic fruits and vegetables and many more antioxidants and omega-3s in organic milk
by Craig Weatherby

Pardon the pun, but the good news about organic crops just keeps on growing.

Researchers from Britain’s Newcastle University found that organic crops contain more beneficial antioxidants than crops grown conventionally, with agrichemicals.

These results stem from a very large study, and affirm prior findings.

During the four-year project, researchers raised cattle and grew fruits and vegetables on farm sites across Europe and Northumberland, dividing them between organic and conventional methods.

Preliminary results show that the organic fruit and vegetables produced up to 40 percent more antioxidants – and other beneficial food factors – than their conventionally grown counterparts (QLFI 2007).

When they analyzed organic and conventional milk, they found antioxidant levels were as much as 60 percent higher in organic milk (QLFI 2007).

The team’s prior, extensive survey of milk from organic and conventional dairies across Europe found that organic milk also has significantly higher levels of beneficial fatty acids – omega-3s, vaccenic acid, and CLA – plus higher levels of beneficial antioxidants like vitamin E, beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. (Leifert C et al 2007)

A preponderance of scientific evidence indicates that diets high in fruit and vegetables can help prevent or ameliorate cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and senility, and most evidence points to their antioxidants and other compounds produced in response to environmental stresses.

Plants produce antioxidants primarily to defend against microbes and fungi.

As we’ve reported, it now appears that organic crops are higher in antioxidants and other beneficial food factors precisely because they lack the protection provided by pesticides, and must provide their own, to our benefit.

Analysis of crops, milk, and meat produced by the project continues, and more results will be released through 2008. The study is part of the Quality Low Input Food Project, which is funded by the European Commission.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125528
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
Organic Produce and Milk Offer Abundant Antioxidants

Large study finds up to 40 percent more antioxidants in organic fruits and vegetables and many more antioxidants and omega-3s in organic milk

And it costs 40% more to buy 'em as well. Sweat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

And it costs 40% more to buy 'em as well. Sweat


yup....at least you're getting something more nutritionally valuable....it's definitely healthier for you...having said that i don't buy all organic but when i get a chance i do pick up a few things....especially dairy and eggs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bmwracer



Joined: 07 Jul 2003
Posts: 125528
Location: Juri-chan's speed dial
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
yup....at least you're getting something more nutritionally valuable....it's definitely healthier for you...having said that i don't buy all organic but when i get a chance i do pick up a few things....especially dairy and eggs.

It doesn't guarantee that you'll be 40% healthier by eating them... I can't help but think that the industry is capitalizing on fear...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tu_triky



Joined: 15 Jun 2004
Posts: 46182
Location: Los Skandolous, California
Country: United States

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

It doesn't guarantee that you'll be 40% healthier by eating them... I can't help but think that the industry is capitalizing on fear...


Of course not...but you'll be healthier....just because it's not on a linear curve doesn't necessarily means it's not worth it. there have been ample studies that prove the case now....the pharamceutical indusrty and the orthodox medical establishment ALMOST ALWAYS play down the importance of food as a preventative and curative with regards to health...lemme just say there has never been NOR ever will be a disease that is defined as a deficiency of some drug, regardless of what they try to say...

high cholesterol is not a deficiency of lipitor, high blood pressure is not a deficiency of beta blockers, cancer is not a deficiency of chemo and radiation...you get my drift.

having said that yes, many organic producers have played loose and fast with their practices in order to make the extra buck....just means you have to be diligent and do some research i guess. your point is not lost on me...everybody is always trying to squeeze a little extra money...like Daikokuya with their watered down broth and less chashu Beaten
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 3 of 54

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum