jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
JDramas not worth watching
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deleted_user

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

despite many ppl find sos not worth it..
I find it quite unique although it is a little depressing
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah i kinda enjoyed Strawberry on teh shortcake.... KINDA....

the one i can understand is otousan NOW THAT HAD A TREMENDOUS CAST... ryoko, kyoko, Naoko, Masakazu.... but its was godawful!.. i'm still scratching my head about that one! Crazy
smmlt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, Oyaji is entertaining, Otousan is a poor sequel attempt with frustrating characters.
Strawberry on the shortcake, News no Onna and Yamato Nadeshiko were not worth watching, even Otousan is better than those three.
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

smmlt wrote:
In my opinion, Oyaji is entertaining, Otousan is a poor sequel attempt with frustrating characters.
Strawberry on the shortcake, News no Onna and Yamato Nadeshiko were not worth watching, even Otousan is better than those three.

I actually enjoyed News and YN. Can't compare them to the lame Otousan. But to each his own, I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
smmlt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As i read somewhere on jdorama, isnt bad stuff supposed to happen to the annoying characters ? When the two leading characters are both annoying, its even worse. In News no Onna, the character played by suzuki honami feels like she s above everyone, the character played by takizawa hideaki is frustrating all the way with his "i dont wanna smile and i dont care because no one love me" style. In Yamato Nadeshiko, character played by matsushima nanako only care for money and hurt everyone, actually her friends help her.. character played by tsutsumi shinichi is naiv and fooled by the face of a beautiful woman, blind when it come to what she think about men, well, thats just my opinion i guess.
arnel98

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well, not sue if this thread is only for jdrama... but anyway, im gonna add the kdrama summer scent to the not-worth-to-watch list. It started out pretty interesting but the mor ei got in to the story, the more it becomes a burden for me to watch it. Just not my cup of tea...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To Love Again. I'm on episode 3 and I can't stand it.
WD

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

radioactiveliquidelmo wrote:
To Love Again. I'm on episode 3 and I can't stand it.

Any alternative English title for this one? What's the Japanese title?

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
starry_purple

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Definitely Shomuni.... so bored that i watched till i fall asleep...
and for SOS... i like the cast but storyline was ok only which i must admit even though i love kyoko fukada...
yume

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. SOS
2. Lunch no Joou (Queen of Lunchtime?)
3. Otousan
4. Bijou ka Yajuu
5. Fighting Girl
6. Egao no Housoku

Fighting Girl has to be the worst written plot ever. I mean, EVER. What in the world were they thinking letting that air on TV?! And Lunch no Joou, despite the lovely cast, OH MY GOODNESS, if the main leading actress were any more obsessed with curry sauce, I'd have to admit myself into a mental hospital because I don't get it...at all. Boring. Takeuchi Yuko appears in yet another dud, Egao no Housoku......the story--there isn't one. Someone needs to stop doing this to that poor actress, and to my beloved Abe Hiroshi!
zchendevlemh

Location: Ten Carat 5-19-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

etou....

a lot of my friends including me

put SOS as one of the best jdorama

i guess we have a weird taste Mr Green
IkematsuSosuke

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like SOS..the only thing I didn't like about it was the lack of contact..like kissing and hugging.
zchendevlemh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

at least it has the "sound-of-couple-having-sex" scene Beaten Mr Green

what i like abt. it is the attitude of kyoko she's good in stalking kubozuka
UWFShooter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WD wrote:

Any alternative English title for this one? What's the Japanese title?

Mukashi no Otoko. For some reason the Hawaiian TV station gives doramas fancy English titles to attract attention.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

UWFShooter wrote:

I actually enjoyed News and YN. Can't compare them to the lame Otousan. But to each his own, I guess.
lol i hear that!....
zchendevlemh wrote:
etou....

a lot of my friends including me

put SOS as one of the best jdorama

i guess we have a weird taste Mr Green
hey i like it also... but yeah ppl be hatin' up in this mug.... for some reason i like the chemistry of koyo and takki
zchendevlemh wrote:
at least it has the "sound-of-couple-having-sex" scene Beaten Mr Green
TG3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chalk up another vote for Fighting Girl on the "not worth seeing" list. I was waiting for something to happen the entire series. Nothing ever did. Shake Head
Geezer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Since everyone's taste is particular to them, I don't usually bother giving series bad reviews.

But yeah, so far I'm not enjoying "Fighting Girl". I'm only up to the second episode, so I'll keep going... but I don't like what I"ve seen so far.

Who knows, maybe it's just that the subtitles on my copy are so gawdawful that that's why the characters seem like morons to me.

Na. I've watched plenty of shows with bad subs, and it's never bothered me before. These characters really are morons.
WD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lordgus wrote:
The worst dramas I've watched so far are:
Itsumo futari de (extremely annoying characters. The male lead is spineless and the female lead is just annoying).
Koukou Kyoushi 2003 (The plot is soooooo unrealistic (read my review)).
Good Luck (Although Takuya Kimura is brilliant as usual the female lead looks like she's swallowed a lemon throughout the whole series which I find annoying. Moreover, the plot is kind of boring as well)

To balance things up a bit, my favorite three dramas (so far) are:
Sutaa no Koi
Beautiful Life
Nemureru no Mori (does anyone know if there are more dramas in this style?)

In the same vein as Nemureru Mori? Then you should try Koori no Sekai aka Ice World starring Yutaka Takenouchi & Nanako Matsuhima, and also Saimin aka Hypnosis starring Goro Inagaki & Asaka Seto. Both are from the same writer. Both are also pretty good series, comparable to Nemureru Mori.

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
qwiksXnd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

S.O.S. gets old real fast. The first 2 episodes are somewhat interesting, but the story absolutely dies. Painfully boring. And even though I am a guy, I have to say that Kyoko Fukada is a terrible actress. She's like the Kianu Reeves of Japan.

Ringu is also a show I wouldn't recomend. Again it starts off well, but you really have to force yourself to watch it. In restrospect I probably should've studied during the hours I watched this show.

Like the above poster, two of my favorites are Beautiful Life and Star no Koi, but I disagree about Itsumo Futari de. As far as the lead actor, it seems that a lot of people immidietly brush off actors if they aren't Kimura, Dohmoto, or (insert other male pop star). He's not a great actor, but he fit the role. The show was very good imo, check out the first episode and then decide from there.
zchendevlemh

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i don't think Keanu Reaves is terrible Beaten Mr Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 11 of 27

Jump to: