jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Perfect teeth
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Traen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:47 pm    Post subject: Perfect teeth Reply with quote Back to top

Beaten vs. Mr Green

I've noticed, as opposed to American actors/actresses and pop stars, having perfect teeth is not common with Japanese actors/actresses (or at least not a necessity).

Are orthodontics in Japan more like plastic surgery, in that it's only for people who want to look 'perfect' and that have an extraneous amount of money? In America, for those who are unaware, a vast number of children and adults have had orthodontics work.
katrinka

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Perfect teeth Reply with quote Back to top

Traen wrote:
Beaten vs. Mr Green

I've noticed, as opposed to American actors/actresses and pop stars, having perfect teeth is not common with Japanese actors/actresses (or at least not a necessity).

Are orthodontics in Japan more like plastic surgery, in that it's only for people who want to look 'perfect' and that have an extraneous amount of money? In America, for those who are unaware, a vast number of children and adults have had orthodontics work.

I think the straight teeth thing is more of an American thing. oh no, a crooked tooth. run out and get thousands of dollars of dental work!

Have you looked at teeth of British stars? not all of them are perfect either.
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kashiwabara takashi's teeth are not perfect but he's soo cute when he smiles.. so is SOPHIA's matsuoka mitsuru if he doesn't smile no one would know either..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i think most asians have their rabbit teeth sticking out..
like kimura-kun!!
as long as it is not too obvious...
cute!!!!
hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryvyan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think girls should have perfect teeth... guys some still alright but like Kassy *looks at avatar again*...... that is call CUTE!!!

Kimura too!! Ehehee... I just realised (again) how charming his smile is... *drools* after watching GL

Lots of guys in the western part have perfect white teeth even though they smoke... weird...
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryvyan wrote:
I think girls should have perfect teeth... guys some still alright but like Kassy *looks at avatar again*...... that is call CUTE!!!

Kimura too!! Ehehee... I just realised (again) how charming his smile is... *drools* after watching GL

Lots of guys in the western part have perfect white teeth even though they smoke... weird...

yeah..i think most girls have perfect teeth..a little rabbit teeth should be ok...
hehe
cute
Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shakyamuni

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've discussed this with people before. Americans (I am one) in general are too concerned with perfect teeth. I've also come to the conclusion that proportionally, Japanese people tend to have more crooked teeth than people from most other places. I don't know why this is, but it really seems true to me. Maybe some british people have crooked teeth, but it doesn't seem to be on the same level as Japanese people.

I personally think a set of jagged teeth on a girl can be really cute. It adds personality to the smile. i don't, go out looking for girls with crooked teeth though.
Ren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
personally think a set of jagged teeth on a girl can be really cute. It adds personality to the smile. i don't, go out looking for girls with crooked teeth though.

I totally agree with you there. Two of my favorite stars Ryoko and Jewel have not so perfect teeth but i find them to be really cute.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hiyawu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think as long as they look cute, pretty, beautiful... that doesn't matter....

ahh...Ryoko.....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Pemu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My dear Aya Hirayama! *looks at her smiles* Aah! Lovely! *cries for joy*

http://www1.odn.ne.jp/~ccb45010/aya/photo/index.htm
http://www.horipro.co.jp/hip/message/03/p.cgi?PID=27
http://www.horipro.co.jp/hip/message/03/p.cgi?PID=29
http://www.horipro.co.jp/hip/message/03/p.cgi?PID=18
http://www.horipro.co.jp/hip/message/03/p.cgi?PID=15

She can be seen WaterBoys movie! I love the movie! hilarious hehe
Aya plays as Satoshi Tsumabuki's soon-to-be-gf, dammit! A karate tomboy Lovey Eyes She looks absolutely pretty!
In case you don't know who "Aya Hirayama" is, shame on you. Here's a small clip on Aya in WaterBoys movie. Enjoy!
http://ccb45010.hp.infoseek.co.jp/aya/2003_0628_1923_57.MPG

I've always loved her "2 ponytails", her trademark. She doesn't have it anymore *cries* Oh well, she's still herself!
juliana_phang

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh that girl is aya hirayama?!
hahaha...yeah!!!!
karate-kid
Nut
kook05

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ryvyan wrote:

haha... he does have a really charming smile!!! Lovey Eyes
but his teeth also not so perfect... his lower set of teeth a little crooked... he still look great tho.... Mr Green
takuya_angel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am dead particular abt teeth! Guys with crooked teeth just totally turn me off. Rolling eyes

But... Kimura-kun on the other hand... I have to face the fact that his teeth aren't a perfect set but he is just irresistably drop-dead gorgeous everytime he smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

takuya_angel wrote:
I am dead particular abt teeth! Guys with crooked teeth just totally turn me off. Rolling eyes

aaahh.. so true!! hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:

I've always loved her "2 ponytails", her trademark. She doesn't have it anymore *cries* Oh well, she's still herself!

she's really pretty.. haha.. but i like her because she graduated in the same horikoshi high school as matsujun in the same year.. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
dummyuser7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

from personal experience, i know MOST japanese dentists are worse than the ones in america. and i also think jap ppl don't care as much as american ppl about teeth...that's why the dentists don't work as hard!!
ntlover000

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

money changes all of that in any culture though...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ashmi wrote:
from personal experience, i know MOST japanese dentists are worse than the ones in america. and i also think jap ppl don't care as much as american ppl about teeth...that's why the dentists don't work as hard!!

Um, I think you should read the thread on using the word "jap" and how offensive it is:

http://jdorama.com/viewtopic_22.htm
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funny that you should bring up the subject of dentistry/orthodontia:

http://www.jaaortho.org/english/2002meeting/e-line_en.html

Big Grin
Pemu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:
Pemu wrote:

she's really pretty.. haha.. but i like her because she graduated in the same horikoshi high school as matsujun in the same year.. Smile

Do tell more about Aya! Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: