jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Heaven's Coins 1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yanie_chan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, just would like to know....is there a Heaven's Coins Finale Special?!?! If yes...then, I can't believe I missed that!! Coz, I've always not satisfied with Heaven's Coins 2's ending....and, if there's actually a special...I would reeeeallly love to watch it!! This is what I got from KIKU TV site :

From the producers of the very popular Heaven's Coins series (see Heaven's Coins & Heaven's Coins 2) comes a 2-1/2 hour concluding chapter. Aya returns to Hokkaido to give birth to her child. She worries that the baby might be born blind, too. As she awaits her time, her past unfolds in her mind's eye. And what of Takumi? What is the secret in his past? Starring: Sakai Noriko, Osawa Takao, and Takenouchi Yutaka.

Can anyone tell me the story and most of the ENDING of the HC's Special?!O_O
cyberarts

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, there is a special. I watched it quite sometime back. It ended will the spirit of Osawa Takao appearing before Sakai Noriko and her baby, but I forgot the story. Maybe someone can refresh me. Cheers & Happy New Year.
aida11sg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2001 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not much really, basically the special features a lot of flashbacks and how Aya finally got back to her hometown to have her kid. Sad, but Takumi did not end up with Aya ( I was hoping they'd get 2gether). As usual Aya's favourite spot is the swing where she spends her time with her daughter pretty often. No particular ending, but Souchiro's spirit did visit her, I guess Aya knows that Souchiro will always be with her and her child.
enau

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For a quick review on Heaven's Coins Finale (still about Aya, Shuichi, and Takumi),

try to see this link :

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/9454/heavenfinale.html

brad2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Heaven's Coins 1 Reply with quote Back to top

Can anyone tell me about drama "Heavens Coins" please.

Is this Japanese or Korean. I know I have seen it listed somewhere but can no longer find it and don't know what it is about or who the actors are.
Thanks.

Peggy
Slackey

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Please look here for the info you need. http://www.jdorama.com/drama_142.htm
brad2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Slackey,

Thanks so much. Have read the synopsis. I have feeling I saw some of this a very long time ago. Sounds wonderful and I greatly admire Osawa Takao...but think I will put it off for another time. It sounds so sad and at the moment I need cheering up!!!!
Thanks.

Peggy
gnohz

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for bringing back a old thread, but does anyone know where did a.d.clan post the 7th ep of Hoshi no Kinka? They mentioned at the first ep that they'll be posting their torrents on d-addicts, and they've announced that ep 7 is released, but I cant seem to find it...Any help available? xD

This might come in useful http://web.singnet.com.sg/~tangwtz

Royalty-free photos
http://www.truphotos.com

Get Paid To Read Emails. NEED PROOF?
http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=gnohz
eltinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gnohz wrote:
Sorry for bringing back a old thread, but does anyone know where did a.d.clan post the 7th ep of Hoshi no Kinka? They mentioned at the first ep that they'll be posting their torrents on d-addicts, and they've announced that ep 7 is released, but I cant seem to find it...Any help available? xD

I know they release on IRC for sure but Studio Oto has ep 7 released on daddicts as well. AD Clan releases under the name Hoshi no kinka I believe. Anyways ep 8 monday Big Grin
gnohz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oic, thanks for the info eltinator!! Big Grin
I wonder when will they upload on d-addicts lol xD

Royalty-free photos

eltinator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gnohz wrote:
Oic, thanks for the info eltinator!! Big Grin
I wonder when will they upload on d-addicts lol xD

Some time tonight. I'll be seeding as I sleep Big Grin
eltinator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

actually i preferred the second part than the first part of Heaven's Coin. Found yutaka's acting better than the first season. The second part was more happening than the first.
gnohz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just wanted to thank eltinator by replying~!! w00t!

Royalty-free photos

chesed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Why does anybody like this freakin' show!?! Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, sorry for bringing such an old topic up but I didn't want to make a new topic when one already started, even though this thread isn't exactly what I want to talk about. I also would like to warn anybody reading this that I'm extraordinarily frustrated with the show and right now I'm venting and/or seeking an understanding of why I'm so frustrated, so if this seems hateful or flaming in any way to the show or to other people who like the show, I apologize in advance.

Also I'd like to warn that this post contains spoilers for Heaven's Coins 1 and up to episode 4 for Heaven's Coins 2 (which is where I'm at). Now that all that's out of the way...

-----

Okay, I'm frustrated. I watched the first season of Heaven's Coins and was very frustrated at a ton of things in the show. I cannot for the life of me understand how this show is so freakin' popular with people when it was so horribly written. I watched the show giving it the benefit of the doubt: I know that I don't understand Japanese culture completely and many of the situations that are presented I've never been in the characters shoes. For now I will talk about the first season of Heaven's Coins.

The beginning wonderful. A charming story about a girl who gives everything she has and asks nothing in return, and as a result is rewarded. Aya and Shuichi have feelings for each other that have developed for a while and right when Shuichi makes the decision to act on those feelings, he loses his memory. Beautiful premise. I love the idea.

Unfortunately that was the high point. The first episode. Before I start ripping on the show, I'll point out what I liked about it. Aya's character was charming and did not change for the entire season. She was true to her feelings with Shuichi and because of that I felt her character was strong. I actually cried at certain parts when Aya did selfless things. One the other hand, Takumi's character was weak-willed, but I thought his character developed well throughout the series. Whether it's a weak or strong character I don't care, as long as they don't change without reason.

Now here's the biggest trouble I've had with the series: reason. I was given a reason why Shuichi and Aya cared for each other. I was given a reason why Takumi acts childish. But Shoko... her character was so freakin' flawed that it caused a chain reaction throughout the entire series because the basis for future events were dependent on her flawed character.

Click on button to reveal/hide spoiler:

Basically, this makes me feel like I can't relate at all to the characters in the show. I've lost any understanding and connection I've had with any of them. I have no interest in watching the rest because it's so rediculous to me. But damnit I need to finish it because I feel I can't write a fair review if I don't watch the entire thing.

I will give credit to the series for making me write this. I mean, not every series makes me want to write about it. But this is entirely negative. It's not about the storyline or the characters. It's about how the show is written and how the characters are written. For example, if I hate that X person is sleeping with Y person behind Z person's back, that's fine. I love that. Make me pissed off. But if X person doesn't make sense and Y person is affected and ultimately makes Z person act completely out of character, then I have trouble with it. In other words, sure I'm writing an assload about this drama, but it's negative in the sense that I think it's horribly made.

If you actually read all of this, color me amazed. Nobody needs to respond, and I doubt you will -- I was just venting. It was more for me than anything. Maybe I'm hoping it's something I don't understand culturally about Japan, but to me the series is just completely flawed. I can't understand why this got so many 10s on jdorama.com and had such a high viewership rating.

Last edited by chesed on Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dochira

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Re: Why does anybody like this freakin' show!?! Reply with quote Back to top

chesed wrote:
Okay, sorry for bringing such an old topic up but I didn't want to make a new topic when one already started, even though this thread isn't exactly what I want to talk about.

Why are you sorry for doing something right? Victory! Peace!

chesed wrote:

Also I'd like to warn that this post contains spoilers for Heaven's Coins 1 and up to episode 4 for Heaven's Coins 2 (which is where I'm at). Now that all that's out of the way...

Is there a way where parts of this could be under the "spoiler" tags? For the benefit of the people.
chesed

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Re: Why does anybody like this freakin' show!?! Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

Is there a way where parts of this could be under the "spoiler" tags? For the benefit of the people.

Ah I forgot all about the spoiler tag. My apologies and thank you for pointing that out. =) I have corrected it.
shari

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just watched the last Annual Japan Record Award. It was really nice to see Sakai Noriko sing Aoi Usagi live in their retrospective.

You can also see Noriko sing it here, using sign language:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmZYrnzCLT8
diesterntaler

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i watched this drama in 1997 in a singaporean ch but i never had the chance to watch the ending (i was living in the hostel) ... anybody knows if i can download or watch this series anywhere? or can anyone tell me when i can buy its cd/dvd (for hoshi no kinka 2 also) in malaysia (preferably johore area)
runpup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

diesterntaler wrote:
i watched this drama in 1997 in a singaporean ch but i never had the chance to watch the ending (i was living in the hostel) ... anybody knows if i can download or watch this series anywhere? or can anyone tell me when i can buy its cd/dvd (for hoshi no kinka 2 also) in malaysia (preferably johore area)

http://www.crunchyroll.com/series-2777/Heavens-Coins.html

The Cutest Girl in the World!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: