jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
I'm Going To Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 566, 567, 568  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
As carry on or luggage?

hehe hehe hehe

Carry on. But I hate going through that X-ray machine... Rolling eyes

Side note: I used to work for a company that made those X-ray machines... What a piece of junk...
ephesus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did any of you who have been to Japan dislike tokyo? As much as I liked Tokyo, it's probably about 10 on my list of favorite cities in Japan. Kyoto being number one (sapporo number 2).
Rinrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Can I tag along next time??????? Sweat

Sure, but I don't know that you'd fit in my carry on! hehe

ephesus wrote:
Did any of you who have been to Japan dislike tokyo? As much as I liked Tokyo, it's probably about 10 on my list of favorite cities in Japan. Kyoto being number one (sapporo number 2).

I don't dislike Tokyo. I just prefer Osaka! Mr Green

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No, But I would like to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rinrin wrote:
Sure, but I don't know that you'd fit in my carry on! hehe

I'll take up yoga... hehe
Doramafan113

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been to the Kansai are (Kobe, Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka) and to the Tokyo area. I had such a great time. Each city is so different and interesting. I will go back in the Spring.

Has anyone been to Ise? I will be going back to the Kansai and was wondering if it is worth making a trip to Ise? If so what should you see and how long do you need to check out some of the most popular sights?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doramafan113 wrote:
I have been to the Kansai are (Kobe, Kyoto, Nara, and Osaka) and to the Tokyo area. I had such a great time. Each city is so different and interesting. I will go back in the Spring.

Way cool. Applaud
whatever

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ephesus wrote:

Sapporo? Hmm, reminds me of sapporo beer Beaten
I like Tokyo area even though how crowded it is. Still interesting to me specially during festivals and expos.
Oo.. news to LA'ers: http://www.japanexpo.org/
malorum

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i just got back from Tokyo 2 days ago... lived there for a Year. But i must say Tokyo is a great place to visit and have fun in, but not somewhere i want to Live, I prefer the Aichi prefecture, and Nagoya because its more laid back and not as crowded.
whatever

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

malorum wrote:
i just got back from Tokyo 2 days ago... lived there for a Year. But i must say Tokyo is a great place to visit and have fun in, but not somewhere i want to Live, I prefer the Aichi prefecture, and Nagoya because its more laid back and not as crowded.

Welcome back. Long time no see Mr Green
Rinrin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I'll take up yoga... hehe

Gee oniichan, you must really want to go there badly! hehe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

malorum wrote:

Hey malorum! Welcome back, dude! Big Grin

Was wondering where you were.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been to japan many times. My mother is from japan so I have relatives there, in the little town Rumoi in Hokkaido to be precice.
my favourit city is Sapporo, not too big and easy to find the places you wana go to.
Acctually came home from japan only about 2 weeks ago ^^
If you wana go shopping Sapporo is great but as a tourist the cities in the south are better, like Osaka, Kyoto or Hiroshima.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Hey malorum! Welcome back, dude! Big Grin

Was wondering where you were.

Yeah, same here, malorum... Good to see you're alive and kickin'... Applaud
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rinrin wrote:
Gee oniichan, you must really want to go there badly! hehe

Oh yeah.
warren.mcclendon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would love to be able to go there. But, with my job (IT related) I don't have the time to go right now.
bikutaa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

since i went late-last summer (Tokyo), i made a plan to go every year^^

.�r�N�^�[
dummyuser18

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi guys umm im planning on moving there forever after im done univirsity. and since soo many of you ppl have been there im wondereing if some one can tell me of a great city to live in. like my teacher told me that its relaly relaly really expensice to live in tokyo, adn really crowded. and i wans wondering if someoen can recommend me a city where its not to expensivce not toooo crowded but does have a downtown area with light like tokyo ^^.i just wanna live in a nice place oyu kwno what i mean not tooooooo expensive. and (im not japanese im sri lankan) i was wondering if this is true : my teacher otld me that if yournot japanese the government wont accept you as japanese and i wont eb able to get my japanese citizenship.
Doramafan113

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kobe is very nice it is a large city near Osaka in the Kansai region. (I love the Kansai area) I would suggest Osaka but it is very expensive to live in. Yokohama is also a very nice big city.
niko2x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:
Yappari, gf doesn't want to stay in America so looks like I'll be the one to be relocating....
better bone up on some keigo.
We've had countless discussions about this as well. US? or JPN? Found our middle ground in HI, which has a bit of both.

The same ?'s I was asking you about HI will be the same ones you need to ask about the Kinki area. ('cause theres no way in hell she's gonna be an umin-chu (�C�l) in okinawa right? Wink) I can talk to you this subject to death, so i'll stop here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 566, 567, 568  Next
Page 13 of 568

Jump to: