jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Help Identifying the Name of a JDrama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ikumu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: New guy, need some help Reply with quote Back to top

First off, Im new (*hi!*), and ever since I was a kid whenever I'd go back to Japan I'd hide myself in a room and secretly shed tears watching Japanese drama. That being said...

this past trip was no different...just got back from visiting my grandmother, and I caught a few drama series over there. I need help getting the names of them...I think they are still going on as we speak, so hopefully someone knows.

first one I was watching was a series where a girl and her dead sister's husband live together. i think the brother in law was in the movie "Quill", a story about a guide dog.

second one i believe was a remake of a movie that they made into a series...it was about a girl that was sick and was hospitalized for a while...her bf and her tried to communicate via tapes and her disapproving father was up in the mix.

and then there was one about a girl that lived in a kid's dollhouse...i didnt catch much of that.

anyways it's a bit of a stretch, but maybe some of you are in japan and can help me out Smile

thanks and laters. Mr Green
Dot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy, need some help Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
second one i believe was a remake of a movie that they made into a series...it was about a girl that was sick and was hospitalized for a while...her bf and her tried to communicate via tapes and her disapproving father was up in the mix.

This seems to be "Sekai no chushin de Ai wo Sakebu"

Quote:
and then there was one about a girl that lived in a kid's dollhouse...i didnt catch much of that

This seems to be "Minami kun no koibito"

Hope this helps!
Dot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
first one I was watching was a series where a girl and her dead sister's husband live together. i think the brother in law was in the movie "Quill", a story about a guide dog.

Not very sure, but think that this one could be "Kimi ga omoi de ni Naru Mae ni".
nikyy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy, need some help Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:
First off, Im new (*hi!*), and ever since I was a kid whenever I'd go back to Japan I'd hide myself in a room and secretly shed tears watching Japanese drama. That being said...

this past trip was no different...just got back from visiting my grandmother, and I caught a few drama series over there. I need help getting the names of them...I think they are still going on as we speak, so hopefully someone knows.

http://www.ktv.co.jp/kimiomo/
Ikumu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies. Mr Green

nikyy, you're right on point! w00t!

i just ordered a bunch of dvd's, ill have to play catch up. Smile
tomatoes78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: New guy, need some help Reply with quote Back to top

Hello sir! I'm new also, and I just wanted to say that this:

Ikumu wrote:
ever since I was a kid whenever I'd go back to Japan I'd hide myself in a room and secretly shed tears watching Japanese drama.

made me smile. Smile

I'm a bit of a closet asian drama watcher myself and also new to this forum. Sweat

Guess that's all I have to say. Have fun watching. w00t!
Ikumu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

whats up new guy. w00t!

i just spent an enormous amount of change for a bunch of dvd's. *sigh*
Rinrin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:
whats up new guy. w00t!

i just spent an enormous amount of change for a bunch of dvd's. *sigh*

I feel your pain. Sweat

@your sig - nande?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rinrin wrote:

@your sig - nande?

I work at a data center 6pm-6am. I also take classes at the local university. Cry
and even when i DO have the time to sleep, i have a hard time sleeping...my sleep pattern is definitely not right.
chuawa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:01 pm    Post subject: Need help with the name of a dorama Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All,

I was watching this heart warming show a few years back regarding this jap family who is very poor. They runs a ramen shop and have a couple of kids. The mother would come up with many brilliant ideas to save money...

does anyone know the name of this show?

thanks in advance! w00t!
kyouki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i used to watch this volleyball drama when i was a kid, i think probably 14-15 years back.. the drama somehow suddenly just popped up in my mind..

anyone know? when i think back, its quite funny, they have all these flying somersault moves.. of course when we were kid, we'd be awed.. i want to watch it again, hehehe..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's Moero Attack. My personal favourite.
johnnyfoodmaster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: School Girl with a Cell Phone? Reply with quote Back to top

My friend started telling me about a show that features a high school girl who works with police via her cell phone. That's all he could tell me about it. He saw an ad for it at Otakon this year and I've been searching for some info on it off and on and figured this'd be the right place to ask.

Any help would be AWESOME!
Thanks!
Sean!
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: School Girl with a Cell Phone? Reply with quote Back to top

johnnyfoodmaster wrote:
My friend started telling me about a show that features a high school girl who works with police via her cell phone. That's all he could tell me about it. He saw an ad for it at Otakon this year and I've been searching for some info on it off and on and figured this'd be the right place to ask.

Any help would be AWESOME!
Thanks!
Sean!

It might be this: http://jdorama.com/drama.614.htm But, she's not a high school girl, so maybe it's something else or maybe the description you gave was slightly off...
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Asadora? ^^ Reply with quote Back to top

Asadora wrote:
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/asadora/index.html

I was hoping someone would be able to tell me the name of this asadora, it appears it's the current one... there's lots of green, and cheerleaders, and cuteness... So it interests me.

I don't suppose anyone could explain the whole asadora thing to me? Do they differ from regular dramas at all, aside from being on in the morning?

wakaba!!! this is the asadora i have been wanting to watch as well, but i can't because it plays at 7.15am and i'm in school.. Beat You

Quote:
The story is about a young woman who becomes a landscape gardener following her father�s wishes. After graduating from university, she returns to Kobe and starts working as a gardener with help of her grandfather. Her goal is to realize her father�s dream to have housing surrounded by plants and trees.

anyway, this drama has a great cast.. the lead actress (cute girl right in the front) harada natsuki who plays wakaba, yamaguchi sayaka, higashi chizuru(?) (imo she looks like choi ji woo), naitou takashi, jazz singer ayado chie and the super kakkoii tsukamoto takashi (!!) etc.

it seems that asadora is a term unique to NHK right? i'm not realy sure, but NHK dramas, with the exception of taiga dramas, are much shorter than the usual 11-12 1 hour episodes on fujitv, ntv etc. usually lasting for 15minutes a time, and showing everyday for a few weeks in the morning..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
kyouki

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ooohhh.. tsukamoto on nhk.. i wanna watch.. since, im taking a 1 week holiday.. so its everyday at 7:15 on nhk?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kyouki wrote:
ooohhh.. tsukamoto on nhk.. i wanna watch.. since, im taking a 1 week holiday.. so its everyday at 7:15 on nhk?

yea in singapore it's on at 7.15am on nhk world premium (channel 43
) w00t!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hill383

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: what's the name of that drama played by .... Reply with quote Back to top

Yuu Yoshizawa and Aya Ueto, about tennis game (tv-asahi, 2004-01-15)?
thx.
deleted_user

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aim for the ace/ ace wo nerae ?
groink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: what's the name of that drama played by .... Reply with quote Back to top

hill383 wrote:
Yuu Yoshizawa and Aya Ueto, about tennis game (tv-asahi, 2004-01-15)?
thx.

Merged this topic with the sticky. Please check the stickies before creating a new topic.

--- groink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 11 of 53

Jump to: