jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Baseball (MLB, WBC, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 277, 278, 279  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

An excerpt from Yahoo! News:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- If Ichiro Suzuki keeps hitting at his second-half pace, Seattle Mariners manager Bob Melvin believes there may be a new addition for the dictionary.

``There's on fire, and then there's Ichiro,'' Melvin said. ``He might make it into a new word: 'Ichiro.'''

Suzuki went 4-for-4 and drove in a career-high five runs, leading the Mariners to a 16-3 rout of the Kansas City Royals on Tuesday night.

Suzuki led off the game with a home run for the second straight day -- and third time this season, hitting the second pitch from Darrell May (9-13) into the Royals' right-field bullpen.

Suzuki, who leads the majors with a .367 batting average, had his 16th multihit game in 20 games. He's hitting .490 since the All-Star break, and .516 in August.

``I'm glad I don't have to face him,'' winning pitcher Bobby Madritsch said. ``He's a hitting machine. I don't think there is anything you can throw him that he's not going to hit.

``You can skip-bounce a pitch to home plate and he'd still hit it. That guy is unbelievable. You'll never see another Ichiro.''

Suzuki has 16 career four-hit games and two five hit games.
pcmodem

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doramafan113 wrote:

(Even though I hate the Yankees)

I hate the Yankees! w00t!
-PCM
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pcmodem wrote:
I hate the Yankees! w00t!

I think I hate Steinbrenner more than the Yanks themselves.
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:
Im a Giants fan, I went to see a double header and saw Bonds crank one out w00t!
I think Tejada is a good player. And Mora wont stop hitting :p
giants? i kinda like the tigers (the hanshin type(haha...)). I don't care if mora keeps hitting, just as long as "ichi-go" finishes ahead of him in the batiting race. Yeah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The japanese baseball leagues are about to fold anytime now from what I have been reading. In all honesty must of the teams are on Triple A level comapred to American baseball. I can't blame any one from wanting to leave. I think you have to play there around 8 or more seasons before you a true free agent that can go anywhere. That's why most of the players signed are older than most rookies (not that I have anything against older people, since I am one of the older people here).
Ikumu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
giants? i kinda like the tigers (the hanshin type(haha...)). I don't care if mora keeps hitting, just as long as "ichi-go" finishes ahead of him in the batiting race. Yeah

yeah i used to love hanshin when i was a kid. i pull for the baystars a little too. seibu is tops this year...i never get to see any of their games though Cry

Warren, the play might be AAA, but the fans make it great. Also the all-stars over there are no slouch. Either way, I'd really like to make it to a shiaitaikai (sp?). Japanese HS baseball rules.
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ichiro got hit with a pitch in the head today. Suffered a mild concussion. This could hurt his bid on breaking the single season record of 257 hits Beaten
tomatoes78

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, argh Angry

Mebbe the rookie was jittery or something, that's why he beaned ichiro.

Hahah, Ikumu. You're a Giants fan on the east coast? I'm an Orioles fan on the west coast.
tomatoes78

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

warren.mcclendon wrote:
The japanese baseball leagues are about to fold anytime now from what I have been reading. In all honesty must of the teams are on Triple A level comapred to American baseball. I can't blame any one from wanting to leave. I think you have to play there around 8 or more seasons before you a true free agent that can go anywhere. That's why most of the players signed are older than most rookies (not that I have anything against older people, since I am one of the older people here).

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/news/archive/2004/08/12/sports1547EDT0377.DTL
niko2x

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

about thebeaning in ichiro, they said they some peolpe heard the ball smack his helmet from the UPPER DECK!!! itaina�[

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
ichiro got hit with a pitch in the head today. Suffered a mild concussion. This could hurt his bid on breaking the single season record of 257 hits Beaten

Damn, that is messed up.... I wonder how long he'll be out.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From Yahoo! Sports:

Mariners star Ichiro Suzuki was back in the lineup after leaving Wednesday night's game against Kansas City when he was hit in the head by a pitch. He went 3-for-4. Applaud Applaud Big Grin

``In the first inning when I ran down the line, I was really dizzy and didn't know if I could even run straight,'' Suzuki said through a translator. ``To me, it felt like having four beers, for me. ... The next time it was three beers, the next time it was two beers. It didn't go to zero beers. Maybe the last time was one beer.''
tomatoes78

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers! Drunk

Love the beer analogy. Bonk
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tomatoes78 wrote:
Love the beer analogy. Bonk

You're not the only one. hehe
Saburo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:
If only Ichiro had Godzilla's mindset, he'd be loved in Japan too.

If Ichiro had Matsui's slugging percentage and plate discipline, he'd be a better player.

The race to beat George Sisler's record is on but I think Gojira is having a better season...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Saburo wrote:
If Ichiro had Matsui's slugging percentage and plate discipline, he'd be a better player.

Better player?? Ichiro's one of the best already and considerably better defensively than Matsui... Plate discipline?? Ichiro's hitting .370 right now and leading the league... Ichiro's not a slugger, so you can't expect him to have a high slugging percentage...

Quote:
The race to beat George Sisler's record is on but I think Gojira is having a better season...

Matsui is with a better team and that always helps. Smile
tomatoes78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
considerably better defensively than Matsui...

Agreed:

http://geocities.com/cliang78/files/ichiro.htm

Also:

Ichiro batting with runners in scoring position & 2 outs:
18 for 39 - .462, 17 RBI, 10 Walks, 4 K's

Matsui batting with RISP & 2 outs:
16 for 59 - .271, 23 RBI, 6 Walks, 12 K's

Ichiro only strikes out once every 10+ at bats. Matsui does so 1 in every 6, which is still pretty good for a slugger though. I like both players, but I gotta give the edge to Ichiro.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

tomatoes78 wrote:
Quote:
considerably better defensively than Matsui...

Agreed:

http://geocities.com/cliang78/files/ichiro.htm

Also:

Ichiro batting with runners in scoring position & 2 outs:
18 for 39 - .462, 17 RBI, 10 Walks, 4 K's

Matsui batting with RISP & 2 outs:
16 for 59 - .271, 23 RBI, 6 Walks, 12 K's

Ichiro only strikes out once every 10+ at bats. Matsui does so 1 in every 6, which is still pretty good for a slugger though. I like both players, but I gotta give the edge to Ichiro.

Thanks for the stats. Good to know. Applaud

Man, if he could smack home runs as well, he'd be a Japanese Willie Mays (who I consider the best all-around player ever)... Big Grin
The Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Thanks for the stats. Good to know. Applaud

Man, if he could smack home runs as well, he'd be a Japanese Willie Mays (who I consider the best all-around player ever)... Big Grin

Any fans out there of Willie Mayes Hayes? Bwwwaaaa Beat You aaaaaa hehe aaaaa Rolly aaaaaa Bonk aaaaaaaah Head Scratch aaaaahh
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Man wrote:
Any fans out there of Willie Mayes Hayes? Bwwwaaaa Beat You aaaaaa hehe aaaaa Rolly aaaaaa Bonk aaaaaaaah Head Scratch aaaaahh

Eh????

You've lost me on that one.... Sweat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 277, 278, 279  Next
Page 2 of 279

Jump to: