jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
American Football (NFL, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 237, 238, 239  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eltinator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Manny

Careful what you say, or we'll have Elton turning this into an NBA thread.

HYahaha, maybe when NBA season gets underway I will start an NBA thread, unless someone starts it first hehe hehe
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Elton

I'm all for an NBA thread... in late October? But right now I've got my Football blinders on.

All I can think about is; what will the Niners look like once they get their players n the field?

How long will Rattay hold up? Will it be long enough for Dorsey to have a chance to develop properly?

What will the interior line look like, once Newberry is back to anchor it? And is Kwame's Harris's improvement just another pre season dream, or is he really figuring this stuff out?

Will Beasley come back in time for Atlanta? Will Barlow find the toughness that's so far eluded him?

And what about all those puppies at reciever?

What kind of defense will Robinson really run?

And if teams take on the personalites of their coaches, will the Niners really be that bland, or will they rise above?

Right now, before any real games have been played, before the true starters have played a down... I believe to my marrow that my team will shock the football world.

But taking a realistic look at this year's team... I figure I'll probably be eager to talk basketball at the end of October.
Ikumu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:

the proper way to run the sweep.

how 'bout using the wishbone? lol.

anyways, damn people, please sign up for the fantasy league!
zchendevlemh

Location: Ten Carat 5-19-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey!! there r only 3 teams Not telling ya!

btw. i don't seem to have any players Grumble
eltinator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zchendevlemh wrote:
hey!! there r only 3 teams Not telling ya!

btw. i don't seem to have any players Grumble

Yea, me and my friends at my college started a league. Anyone want to join that too?
Impression15

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

what happened to hearst?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
eltinator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Impression15 wrote:
what happened to hearst?

God question, signed somewhere else? Crazy
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Garrison Hearst signed with the Broncos a couple of months ago.

He was part of the mass exodus of Offensive Starters from the Niners.

Garcia
Owens
Hearst
Deese
Streets
Stone

Hmmm. I'm working off the top of my head so I'm not sure if that's everybody... but it's 6 of the starting 11.

It's gonna be a wild and exciting year for the Niners. Rookies and journeymen free agents as far as the eye can see!
pcmodem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Like the Old New Orleans Saints Reply with quote Back to top

It's getting to the point with the 49ers that I'm going to start watching games with a paper bag over my head, like the old New Orleans Saints fans used to do back in the early 1980s. Bonk
-PCM
Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pcmodem

Na. The Saints in the '70s & '80s were genuinely bad. Nightmarish, in fact.

I think these new Niners figure to be... wishy-washy.

You know the old line about a team being a refleciton of their coach?

Wishy-washy.

There's too much young talent on this team for them to be really really bad.

But the system is gone, the vets are gone, and the coaches... couldn't light a fire a team with a flame thrower.

6 and 10? (Too optomistic?)
Ikumu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so...when's the draft? i just went through 5.5 hrs of drafting for my ESPN fantasy league. it was intense b/w all my coworkers...actually it was funny. screw ESPN, their draft software sucks. it locked me into 'autodraft' for my first TWO picks. AND my 6th pick. thanks a lot. Justin Fargas as my 6th pick? are you kidding me?!!! i didnt want fred taylor! i wanted culpepper. k, im done being pissed. Grumble
eltinator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:
so...when's the draft? i just went through 5.5 hrs of drafting for my ESPN fantasy league. it was intense b/w all my coworkers...actually it was funny. screw ESPN, their draft software sucks. it locked me into 'autodraft' for my first TWO picks. AND my 6th pick. thanks a lot. Justin Fargas as my 6th pick? are you kidding me?!!! i didnt want fred taylor! i wanted culpepper. k, im done being pissed. Grumble

Oh man I just went through 2 drafts today. One of them was a 25 round draft too! Anyways, I set the jdorama draft for Monday (labor day) at 11am. I hope that'd be all right for everyone. I also published the league in hopes of getting more participants.

Culpepper was around during the 6th round in your draft? Sheesh, I barely saw him last pass 2 rounds in my drafts Sweat
FusilliBernie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yay go niners...have been a niners fan for most of my life...disappointment to hear everyone's leavin...really..i dont care much for this season...i hope they have a bad season so we can pick up mike williams from usc with the first pick of the draft! alright..but mike williams isn't playing this year so that's really bad unless he's seriously training for football...hopefully the niners can ink peterson for a long term deal..although long term deals don't mean much in football..cause what the niners have to do right now is become like the 2000 Ravens....a RB...and all defense...
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

September 5th and Niner fans are pinning their hopes on getting the Number One pick in next year's draft.

Not good.

Actually... I'm pretty optimistic about the receivers the Niners have right now. Woods, Lloyd, Wilson and Battle have the look of a very good receiving corps.

Besides... taking the first pick in the draft would be very expensive, so my bet is the Niners trade down no matter where they pick in next years draft.

I think you're right, FusilliBernie. The Niner focus will have to be the running game and defense this season, while the new QBs try to develop.

The problem there is on defense.

While the Niners have a pretty good secondary, and a very good LB corps, we don't have the linemen who can stop the run. And teams that can't stop the run don't have good defenses, and don't win football games.

If management doesn't at least try to pick up a veteran DT this week... this could be a very ugly season.
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hehehe, looks like a bit of a different story for my team on the other side of the bay. The Raiders are looking pretty sharp especially with Woodson finally ending his holdout and Gannon FINALLY passing for his 1st pre-season TD! This is going to be a good season. Anything less than a superbowl ring will be a disappointment in my book.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
Anything less than a superbowl ring will be a disappointment in my book.

Get ready to be disappointed. hehe Beaten hehe hehe
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Get ready to be disappointed. hehe Beaten hehe hehe

Psssh whatever man. We'll see who will be talking when February comes around Bleah hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
Psssh whatever man. We'll see who will be talking when February comes around Bleah hehe

I'm picking the Colts to go all the way. hehe
eltinator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

I'm picking the Colts to go all the way. hehe

That high octane offense is scary but that defense is questionable.
Geezer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm picking the Niners to go all the way.

But that's because it's September 5th and they're:

UNDEFEATED BABY!!!

The Raiders Blow, the Colts are Sissies, the Pats smell bad, and the Cowboys moms wear army boots!

The Niners are poised, once again, to stride across the NFL landscape in their hobnailed boots, crushing all before them.

(Of course, my tune is likely to change in a week or two.)

Last edited by Geezer on Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 7 of 239

Jump to: