jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Utada Hikaru + Mini-Gallery
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Slackey wrote:

So I showed him how people in the Far East get down.....yeah another lyrical gem. My doubts for her are getting bigger and bigger as the day passes.

Amen, Slackey. She mighta' overdid it w/that "I'm no Britney" amplification, too, I actually hate to say it. A simple "we're different" would've sufficed.

'Nother one: looks like the breezies ain't so easy on that hair of hers (PLEASE don't tell me that's what it's SUPPOSED to look like).

And I really think reporters need to entirely STOP using the euphemism "whopping" when it comes to above-average album sales. I mean, frick, all that does is make me hungry for a whopper. And I don't usually make it a point to eat 'em.
eightysix

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with you guys. I miss the old, innocent girl from next door Hikki who didn't need sex innuendos in her lyrics to sell records. I guess I'm still living in Hikki's old R&B era with the First Love album. Cry
akasacapple

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i like exdous'04 this song
DragonSpirit164

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haha.. I was really tempted to buy Exodus when i saw it in HMV the other day... But I wasn't really sure whether I'd like it..=/ Nevertheless, my curiosity is fuelled now...hehe
FaBiAn

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just to those who don't know, The original "Devil Inside" (The one in the exodus album) isn't very nice.

Devil Inside (Richard Vission Radio Edit) is the one which most radio stations and reviews recommends. Personally it's my favourite.

Anyway, Hikki's Music Forever Yeah
eltinator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eightysix wrote:
Hikki on the New York Times!

http://www4.islanddefjam.com/media/utada/images/utadapost.jpg

Finally got a chance to read this and I agree with The Man, she doesn't have to get worked up about a Britney comparison. But what I find more annoying than sleezy lyrics though is the fact that the media seems to like to throw in that she's married. Utada already has shot herself in the foot by getting married and if she wants to make it big in the US, I think it would be wise for her to keep her marriage on the down low. Don't even mention it unless someone ask. Also since she married at the tender age of 19, that further kills her image even more. Divas such as Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey in her hey day were not married and even though this is America Utada is trying to tackle, it's still very difficult for a woman to keep up her image. It just seems so weird for a married woman to be singing these lyrics Sweat
lim_li

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HIKARU DA BEST!!! Applaud
eightysix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here are the scans I promised from my Oricon mag. I'll post more of the series later. It took me a while to figure out that I needed to put a dark sheet of paper behind the page I was scanning so that the other side of the page wouldn't show up as a shadow. Grumble

zchendevlemh

Location: Ten Carat 5-19-1 Hiroo, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0012, Japan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i didn't know hikki was a gallery in here Mr Green
eightysix

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zchendevlemh wrote:
i didn't know hikki was a gallery in here Mr Green

Now there is. Beaten hehe

Now, I better get back to folding my clothes and get to bed. Sweat
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oh my god, i'm sorry.. never noticed that there are three utada hikaru threads floating in this forum, this one, this one and this one.. whew!

i was thinking if i merged the three threads together it will get a little messy as the posts will be according to date.. what do you utada fans think? merge, or lock the other two and use this as the official thread?[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:
oh my god, i'm sorry.. never noticed that there are three utada hikaru threads floating in this forum, this one, this one and this one.. whew!

i was thinking if i merged the three threads together it will get a little messy as the posts will be according to date.. what do you utada fans think? merge, or lock the other two and use this as the official thread?

Yeah, there was a discussion about it earlier, but I guess it never came around. Yeah, sorry about that arashi-san. I meant for this to be the official thread since the other threads were only about specific topics.
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's scan #2 of the set:

arashinokoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eightysix wrote:

Yeah, there was a discussion about it earlier, but I guess it never came around. Yeah, sorry about that arashi-san. I meant for this to be the official thread since the other threads were only about specific topics.

okay, i'll lock the othertwo threads alright? ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:

okay, i'll lock the othertwo threads alright? ^^

Hehe, thanks. Sweat
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe im late or something, but today while going to work, I saw a Utada poster with her name and picture on it. I think it was her new album... It was posted on those cardboard walls people put up while doing construction... I think Utada has invaded the US... hehe
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:
Maybe im late or something, but today while going to work, I saw a Utada poster with her name and picture on it. I think it was her new album... It was posted on those cardboard walls people put up while doing construction... I think Utada has invaded the US... hehe

I was about the swipe the cardboard fold up of the Exodus advertisment at Kinokuniya. Too bad there were too many people. But I did walk out with quite a few free postcards. Beaten
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You should have taken it!!... Be an inconsipicious and look at the poster, then run off it with. rofl Im sure they wont stop you, its just a cardboard picture right? Mr Green
eightysix

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:
You should have taken it!!... Be an inconsipicious and look at the poster, then run off it with. rofl Im sure they wont stop you, its just a cardboard picture right? Mr Green

If there was anything I wanted in that store, it would have been the autographed paper BY HIKKI they had up near the JPop cds. And it was dated the day before I went to Kinokuniya. I wonder if she was actually there! Bonk

Anyways, I need to get to sleep. I think sleeping for only two hours the night before takes a toll on one's sanity. Too sukebe tonight. Beat You hehe
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oyasumi eighty... Im gonna turn in too after I visit Sayaka-chans page and stare and drool at her pictures... Naughty hehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: