jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Photography/Digital Cameras
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nacho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Photography/Digital Cameras Reply with quote Back to top

What do you recommend for a good quality digital camera with a reasonable price? I would like to take shots of the outdoors and headshots. Thanks for the advice!!!
Doramafan113

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you are just looking for something simple not too high end I had good luck with my Olympus D-580. It's a 4.0 MP and runs about $220.00-$250.00. It takes good pictures, is easy to work and the price seems to be pretty good for the features it offers.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can't go wrong with a Canon. Big Grin
blender1184

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

These 2 links might help you, check them out.

Amazon.com Top Sellers List

Bizrate.com

I'll second bmwracer's comment about Canon. I've had the A70 Powershot for a little over a year now and it still does an awesome job.

Mine:http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00008OE5G/qid=1099366223/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-photo/002-7168084-2812044?v=glance&s=photo&n=502394
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeh canon is pretty good, but id like to say this sony is also nice
my sis had it for a while, and she used it for her wedding.. im planning to get that for christmas Mr Green

read the review in case youre curious yes it looks expensive but you can get them in a lower price at wallmart or circuit city, my sis got it for around $200

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sonys are nice, but they use Sony's proprietary Memory Stick, so you'll have to pay a premium for more memory... Most digicams use Compact Flash Memory which has a lot more manufacturers (Sandisk, Lexar, etc.), so the prices are cheaper than the equivalent Memory Sticks.... Smile
Super No. 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love my camera, but the price was not so reasonable. bleh

It's the best camera I've ever had though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I just say buy a high end camera and grow into it... hehe
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gotta take super #1's advice.. hey i love looking at your anime expo photos.. what camera do you have? Mr Green

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It all really depends on what you plan to use it for, but usually 3-4 MPs should be enough.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:
I just say buy a high end camera and grow into it... hehe

That's a waste of money... Buy it based on your needs... Overspending on features you don't need or can't comprehend will just discourage you from wanting to use the camera at all.
thetenken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I say buy an ultra-small camera for taking shots where-ever you go. Then buy a dSLR for shots you want to test out different techniques on...

Canon S400 is a good mini camera.

The Digital Rebel or the DS10 are good entry level dSLR cameras.
"...but it was my integrity that was important. Is that so selfish? It sells for so little, but it's all we have left in this place. It is the very last inch of us...but within that inch we are free." - V for Vendetta
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thetenken wrote:

You forgot to mention that their also around $800USD.... Ouch. Sweat
gregsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thetenken wrote:
I say buy an ultra-small camera for taking shots where-ever you go. Then buy a dSLR for shots you want to test out different techniques on...

Canon S400 is a good mini camera.

I agree if you want a point and shoot go with the Canon Powershot S410 (same as S400 but with a few changes - the S400 is actually discontinued) or the Canon Powershot S500.

S410=4 Megapixel
S500=5 Megapixel

For a digital SLR (where you can change lenses, etc... - i.e. for the more advanced photographer) I'd recommend to go with Nikon's D70 (get the Kit that comes with a lense it's worth the extra money ~$1300 for the Kit).

While the Nikon D70 is definitely not cheap it was awarded the Best Consumer Digital SLR Camera by TIPA.

Last edited by gregsan on Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
gregsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

You forgot to mention that their also around $800USD.... Ouch. Sweat

The DSLRs are "expensive" but well worth the extra money in my opinion.
gregsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
You can't go wrong with a Canon. Big Grin

For SLRs and dSLRS go NIKON!!
TANG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EBAY!
mine was less than 300 off ebay and ive had it for a few years now.
its Sony and it is the shiznit! i love that thing Lovey Eyes
now i have a Sony video cam too, .....my comp os also Sony..
but i didnt buy these thing , Sweat
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gregsan wrote:
For SLRs and dSLRS go NIKON!!

Dang it, Greg! We differ again...

Canon is the only way to go SLR or D-SLR... The D-SLR to have is the 20D... Or if your pockets are REALLY deep, the 1Ds Mark II... Big Grin
gregsan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Dang it, Greg! We differ again...

Canon is the only way to go SLR or D-SLR... The D-SLR to have is the 20D... Or if your pockets are REALLY deep, the 1Ds Mark II... Big Grin

No Way!!! Nikon makes way better lenses which is the crux of a good "high-end" SLR camera. The D2H and D70 are both awesome and their D2X is going to kick Canon's butt!!

I do however like Canon's small and sleek S400 and S500 series for the low-end consumer point and shoot.

I own an S400 and a D70.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gregsan wrote:
No Way!!! Nikon makes way better lenses which is the crux of a good "high-end" SLR camera. The D2H and D70 are both awesome and their D2X is going to kick Canon's butt!!

Canon's lenses are just as good, if not better... I think they were the first to introduce aspherical lenses in the photography market, which is considered to be the best design optically....

Guh. Now I can't talk politics or photography with you, else there'll be an argument... Sweat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: