jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
American Football (NFL, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 237, 238, 239  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niko2x

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i hope he'll make some noise in the "nifel" (NFL) in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! Steelers crush the Iggles!

Terrible Terrell has his first public melt down in PHilly.

I love it.

Man oh man, I hated watching Jerry Rice in that Seahawk uniform yesterday. (And I wasn't too happy about seeing those guys in the Niner uniforms either... but that's a different complaint.)

Hmmm. Just another 24 more regular season games just like yesterday, and the Niners will be out of Salary Cap Hell Part Deux.

I wonder where they'll be playing then?
pcmodem

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Man oh man, I hated watching Jerry Rice in that Seahawk uniform yesterday. (And I wasn't too happy about seeing those guys in the Niner uniforms either... but that's a different complaint.)

I heard 49'ers GM Terry Donahue this morning on the radio on 680 or 1050... it so sad how bad the 49'ers have gotten in the post-Eddie DeBartolo era.

Burn in hell John York & Denise DeBartolo, Angry
-PCM
niko2x

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RB26DETT wrote:
Go Bills! ... but I s'pose Bledsoe's better than nothing....
I don't know, he may be JUST a little bit better than nothing. LOL!

Had to vent somehow, lost my fantasy football game by 1 point. 120-121!!!!!
I frickin' hate brees, (even tho i have gates...)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Wow! Steelers crush the Iggles!

Terrible Terrell has his first public melt down in PHilly.

I love it.

I was hopin' McNabb was gonna smackdown that fool... Him and Keyshawn must be brothers: totally egocentric and selfish to the end...
eltinator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
I don't know, he may be JUST a little bit better than nothing. LOL!

Had to vent somehow, lost my fantasy football game by 1 point. 120-121!!!!!
I frickin' hate brees, (even tho i have gates...)

I wished I picked up Brees when he was still on free agency Beaten
RB26DETT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All I meant about Bledsoe was that, when Doug was throwing the football, it was FUN, and we were dudded out of the playoffs in '98-'99. Shake Head
Bledsoe is an excellent QB, but he's not Doug Flutie. And we don't have that smothering defense we had back then, either. Damn the salary cap! Mad

PS. what the hell IZ a '49er, anyway??
dochira

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

RB26DETT wrote:
PS. what the hell IZ a '49er, anyway??

It's a reference to the miners who flocked to California in the late 1840's to look for gold.
eltinator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

It's a reference to the miners who flocked to California in the late 1840's to look for gold.

hence the reason why gold is one of their team colors hehe hehe
dochira

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:

hence the reason why gold is one of their team colors hehe hehe

And why the cheerleaders are named the Gold Rush. Believe me, if I attended a Niners game it wouldn't be for the players on the field. Nut ..and I'd get beaten up by my lady if she found out Beaten Not telling ya!
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Colts beat the Vikes, 31-28... Four more TD passes for Peyton Manning for a total of 25 halfway through the season... Applaud

But Indy's D is way too porous. Shake Head
pcmodem

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Go Fish! Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldn't come as a surprise, but Dave Wannstedt stepped down:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcTFhbmEwBF9TAzk1ODYxMDU5BHNlYwN0bQ--?slug=ap-dolphins-wannstedt&prov=ap&type=lgns

Even if Ricky Williams had not retired (and hadn't been suspended), I don't see the Fish doing better than 9-7 this year. Which would have likely ended up with Wannstedt getting the boot anyway.

That being said, with the 6 hurricanes hitting Florida, Ricky Williams, and all the injuries to the Dolphins this year... the 2004 season wasn't Wannstedt's fault.
-PCM
thetenken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Manning's got 26 right now. Do you mean 4 more to 30?

As a Giants fan, it was sad to see them lose to the Bears, as well as lose Strahan for the season and others to injury... =(
"...but it was my integrity that was important. Is that so selfish? It sells for so little, but it's all we have left in this place. It is the very last inch of us...but within that inch we are free." - V for Vendetta
Doramafan113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Plummer has been on fire for TD's the last couple of weeks. He has 19 TD's so far this season 3rd in the NFL but of course he has 10 INT's too. I wonder if he will stick around in Denver his passing % is not that great. This is his contract year.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

thetenken wrote:
Manning's got 26 right now. Do you mean 4 more to 30?

Right, 26. He had a chance to probably throw another TD, but they wound down the clock for Vanderjagt to secure the victory...
eltinator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't he also only have like 4 INTs? A 26-4 TD to INT ration... that's god-like hehe hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

eltinator wrote:
Doesn't he also only have like 4 INTs? A 26-4 TD to INT ration... that's god-like hehe hehe

Al Michaels and John Madden were comparing him to Marino, which is good and bad: Marino had great stats, but no Super Bowl rings... I'd rather be compared to Montana... Big Grin
Doramafan113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Al Michaels and John Madden were comparing him to Marino, which is good and bad: Marino had great stats, but no Super Bowl rings... I'd rather be compared to Montana... Big Grin

True. I think I would rather have that comparison too.
eltinator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Peyton does choke up in the playoffs though but he's still very young and has lots of years ahead of him to win one Big Grin
Ikumu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have been slacking like crazy in our league. I need to get back on it, I know how boring it is to play someone that isnt paying attention to their starters, lol.

GO Packers!!! Mr Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 27 of 239

Jump to: