jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
What ethnicity are you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What's your ethic background?
Chinese (Includes HK, China, TW, etc.)
29%
 29%  [ 98 ]
Korean
2%
 2%  [ 8 ]
Japanese
9%
 9%  [ 30 ]
European / American
22%
 22%  [ 74 ]
Others
36%
 36%  [ 120 ]
Total Votes : 330

bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yume wrote:
These polls are always frustrating because the person making it always puts like only 3 Asian ethnicities, then European (while only trying to be PC in terms of Caucasians).

Grumble Grumble

I'm mostly American. Which is an ethnicity, despite what you've heard. Ethnicity doesn't mean nationality or some sort of blood-relation. In fact, you can have multiple ethnicities, since it's based on the culture, religion, etc. of a single person. And compared to my family and friends, I've realized just how American I am sometimes. Sweat LOL

Hmm, I noticed that as well... I guess there's the incorrect thinking that only Asians and Whites, er, Caucasians watch j-doramas...

I hope you don't consider it an intentional slight, but more of a short-sided view by some people...

Last edited by bmwracer on Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
redsun

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chinese, Japanese and Korean mixed
ptasiek

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Onii wrote:
I'm Polish. There aren't many of us here Shake Head

yep
kitakaze

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmmm...I didn't even vote in the polls because they'll never be exhaustive enough for everyone's ancestry.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kitakaze wrote:
Hmmm...I didn't even vote in the polls because they'll never be exhaustive enough for everyone's ancestry.

Yep. The "others" is outnumbering the other groups... hehe
supermidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

�S�p�A�Z���g�ɃI�����_�n�ł��I
One hundred percent Dutch blood ^^
Okiunic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am half Puerto Rican, half Filipino, born in the Philippines, grew up in Japan, now living in the states. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okiunic wrote:
I am half Puerto Rican, half Filipino, born in the Philippines, grew up in Japan, now living in the states. ^^

Wow.

Welcome to the forum... Big Grin
qilver

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

100% chinese, born in america. Bonk
Okiunic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Wow.

Welcome to the forum... Big Grin

w00t! haha, thanks! Victory! Peace!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jholic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okiunic wrote:

what an interesting mix. welcome to the forums!

i'm guessing you can speak japanese?
Okiunic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

jholic wrote:

what an interesting mix. welcome to the forums!

i'm guessing you can speak japanese?

yay! im an interesting mix! w00t! my dad jokingly calls me a mutt. Shameful Cry

as for speaking japanese, haha, sadly i can't. when i was there, i could understand a little bit, like, enough to get me by. i regret not putting in more effort considering in my school, we had mandatory japanese culture and language classes and i had a friend, tomoko, who was a penpal (my class had to be penpals with a class from a japanese school) and spoke little english but still, i never really learned. ugh, i really wish i did though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

3rd generation (sansei) Japanese, born in the USA from 2nd generation (nisei) Japanese parents.
wan wan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Singaporean Chinese living in Japan for past 2 1/2 years. Been learning Japanese on and off since university, but too lazy to speak it. Japanese is strictly for emergency purposes.
maemo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Japanese but born and raised in Canada Big Grin
sodesuka

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
Chinese. At least that's what my parents tell me. hehe

hmmm... it's weird but i feel the same way. i've been informed by my parents that i'm 100% Chinese but don't know why part of me feels very Japanese. i guess on the outside am Chinese but sometimes feel and think like a Japanese person.
jholic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Okiunic wrote:
but still, i never really learned. ugh, i really wish i did though.

ha, well, as i always told my parents who urged me to learn the language when i was younger, and i never listened -- all you had to do was show me how the girls from there looked like, and i would've been fluent by now!!
jne

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm Thai-German (half/half), born in Germany, raised in the US and UK and moving to FL soon!!!
aoi_hana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm German & French. Born in the US. Smile
jholic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aoi_hana: i recognize that guy in your sig file. jaycee05 in d-addicts uses him as her avatar. who is he?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 12 of 26

Jump to: