jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Misa Shimizu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seneschal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Misa Shimizu Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I noticed there's not a whole lot of information on my favorite actress, Shimizu Misa (��������). I watched J-Dorama's about ten years ago but slacked off until recently, after rediscovering several on the internet. I noticed that she hasn't starred in many new doramas recently, but has been in many more feature lengthed movies. My favorite was "Homework."

Anyone know what she's been up to lately?
enau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: Misa Shimizu Reply with quote Back to top

seneschal wrote:
Hi, I noticed there's not a whole lot of information on my favorite actress, Shimizu Misa (��������). I watched J-Dorama's about ten years ago but slacked off until recently, after rediscovering several on the internet. I noticed that she hasn't starred in many new doramas recently, but has been in many more feature lengthed movies. My favorite was "Homework."

Anyone know what she's been up to lately?

I found a short official profile page of her :
http://www.long-bridge.co.jp/katoharuhiko/longbridge/misa.html

Unfortunatelly, it's in Japanese language and I don't understand Japanese language. Sweat
Well, if U understand, that will be an advantage. Mr Green

Misa is a cute woman. That's my impression after seeing her on Sumo Do, Sumo Don't alongside Masahiro "The Hunk" Motoki.

She also appeared on Shall We Dance?-Japanese version. But I have a hard time to recognize her on that movie.
What character she played there?
seneschal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I've actually seen that web page before after googling her.
I do read some Japanese so I understand it a bit.

It's a filmography of all of Misa's work, however it doesn't seem to have been updated since 2002.
Also her real name is listed �o�b�N���[����, or Bakkuri Misa. Wonder if she married a gaijin or someone named Barkley?

Looks like in recent years she's mainly been in "art house" type of films and no more TV doramas Grumble
enau

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

seneschal wrote:
Hi, I've actually seen that web page before after googling her.
I do read some Japanese so I understand it a bit.

It's a filmography of all of Misa's work, however it doesn't seem to have been updated since 2002.
Also her real name is listed �o�b�N���[����, or Bakkuri Misa. Wonder if she married a gaijin or someone named Barkley?

Looks like in recent years she's mainly been in "art house" type of films and no more TV doramas Grumble

Well according to this link :
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0793679/bio

She is married with a gaijin man named Charles Buckley. This couple has 2 children.

For Misa's filmography, U can check this link :
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0793679/

It seems she has a new film project for 2005.

I think her last TV dorama was back on the year 2000.
It was TV Asahi's production.

The title was "Paradise Thirty".
I notice this dorama's vcd has been sold online in the net.
Too bad it still with Chinese subtitle. ( I don't understand Chinese language Sweat ). The story seems interesting.

Courtesy of TV Asahi :

Paradise Thirty
Friendship and relationship
The story of strange woman to woman relationships; the feelings of women who are about to turn thirty; and most of all a heart warming story about friendship.

Episodes
10 episodes X 54 minutes

Casts Hikari Ishida �i�Γc�Ђ���j
Misa Shimizu �i���������j
Takami Yoshimoto �i�g�{�������j

Story
Guriko (played by Hikari Ishida) is an office worker at pharmaceutical company. She is made to feel uncomfortable, as she is oldest unmarried female worker in the office. One night, everything goes unwell, and Guriko runs out of her house and goes out on the street. There, she meets her old friend, Natsumi (played by Misa Shimizu) who now after graduating from high school is dressed as a man, and lives as a lesbian.
The two start living under the same roof. Guriko falls in love with a man who frequents the bar that Natsumi owns. Natsumi on the other hand is in love with the wife of a mafia.
seneschal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Gee, thanks!
I was pretty close on the last name, huh?

Yeah, it seems like she has been taking a lot of non-traditional roles lately. I recently watched Unagi and The Sea Is Watching and enjoyed them, although didn't quite get the latter that much.

I'll be sure to look for Paradise Thirty torrent somewhere!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: