FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
My name in Japanese
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
herufaia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: help me with my name. Reply with quote Back to top

my name is Siew Ean. can translate to japanese for me n what it means? Bow [/quote][/u]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: help me with my name. Reply with quote Back to top

herufaia wrote:
my name is Siew Ean. can translate to japanese for me n what it means? Bow
[/u][/quote]

I would help but I have no idea how that's pronounced Sweat
ptasiek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ludwik [ger. Ludwig] - famous warrior
Juliusz [lat. Julius] - youthful
Augustyn [lat. Augustus] - "venerable", "to increase" ?
Pabich - ?
herufaia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: help me with my name. Reply with quote Back to top

KouSeiya315 wrote:

I would help but I have no idea how that's pronounced Sweat

its pronounced >> si u ii en
thanx for helping
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
niko2x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: help me with my name. Reply with quote Back to top

herufaia wrote:
its pronounced >> si u ii en
thanx for helping
�V���C�C�G���BIt would also have (approximatlely) the same pronuciation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My first name is Ilari so could anyone help me to write it in Japanese. The pronounciation it is quite the same with Japanese and Finnish language so I think my name needs precisely three hiragana or katagana symbols.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu. Bonk
gelyn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

sometimes, chinese names have their corresponding japanese pronounciation if they do have that word too in kanji. if u like it to be pronounce just the way it is, it should then be written in katakana, for me there's really no accurate way of writing ones own name in katakana... anyway it is a name just write the way u want it to pronounce.... but for me, i still prefer having a different name written in kanji... looks cooler Victory! Peace!
Veloren

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings all, I like so many others am searching for my name in Hiragana and/or Katakana.

My firstname Matt, is Shinzou (gift of god)
My lastname means "Olive tree" Bang Head lol but I have no idea what that is in japanese.

As always, any help will be greatly appreciated.
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have absolutely no idea as to what my name means in japanese Shake Head

I'll have to the coolese japanese person i know, so until then, but if u guys know what it means, let me know.

my name is Kevin Tran...spelling my vietnamese name is a hopeless cause cuz i 4got how to spell it Shameful Cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Veloren

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K.T.Tran wrote:
I have absolutely no idea as to what my name means in japanese Shake Head

Well if it helps anyone translate your name

Tran:
1.Vietnamese: unexplained.
2.Scottish: nickname from Old Norse trani �ecrane�f.

Kevin:
Handsome (otokomae)
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Veloren wrote:

Well if it helps anyone translate your name

Tran:
1.Vietnamese: unexplained.
2.Scottish: nickname from Old Norse trani �ecrane�f.

Kevin:
Handsome (otokomae)

Really!!!! i had no idea. Kevin means handsome huh....i don't see it Shake Head Thanks for the info Veloren w00t!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kitakaze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, close as I can gather, my last name in Croatian is "North Wind," which is where I came up with �k�� . I don' t know what to do for a first name, but I usually just transliterate it into �W�F���~ .
yume

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Freigest wrote:
My first name is Ilari so could anyone help me to write it in Japanese. The pronounciation it is quite the same with Japanese and Finnish language so I think my name needs precisely three hiragana or katagana symbols.

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu. Bonk

�C����
�C�� I
���� la (or ra)
���� ri (or li)

You should write your name in Katakana because it is not original Japanese name. Anything non-Japanese is considered 'foreign loan' and is therefore written in Katakana. Though, there are many Japanese who write their names in Katakana for effect or for government forms when it asks you to provide the sounds of your kanji name.
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yume wrote:

Though, there are many Japanese who write their names in Katakana for effect or for government forms when it asks you to provide the sounds of your kanji name.

Huh, I would have thought they would be using hiragana to sound out a kanji name. But it works either way since hiragana and katakana are both phonetical alphabets.
pcmodem

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kitakaze wrote:
Well, close as I can gather, my last name in Croatian is "North Wind," which is where I came up with �k�� . I don' t know what to do for a first name, but I usually just transliterate it into �W�F���~ .

Honestly, just do what most Japanese parents do: pick a name. Smile

Easiest thing to do.

If memory serves, -kaze has to do with the wind.

North... not sure on ordinals. Noosou? hehe
-PCM
ahochaude

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

Huh, I would have thought they would be using hiragana to sound out a kanji name. But it works either way since hiragana and katakana are both phonetical alphabets.

I also thought likewise until about 6 months ago.

When I started working at Vuitton, we have promising customers fill out a personal information card. In it, we request to have them fill in their name and address. Above the line that we request they fill in their name, we have a part labeled "furigana". And EVERYONE of my customers has written the furigana part in katakana. At first, I thought it was just the first several Japanese that I've serviced. But six months later, all of my cards have katakana in the furigana area. ---Learn something new everyday. Big Grin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ahochaude wrote:

When I started working at Vuitton, we have promising customers fill out a personal information card. In it, we request to have them fill in their name and address. Above the line that we request they fill in their name, we have a part labeled "furigana". And EVERYONE of my customers has written the furigana part in katakana. At first, I thought it was just the first several Japanese that I've serviced. But six months later, all of my cards have katakana in the furigana area.

Yes, very informative indeed. Of course for a gaikokujin like me, my entire name would be in katakana, no furigana necessary. Big Grin
pcmodem

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

Yes, very informative indeed. Of course for a gaikokujin like me, my entire name would be in katakana, no furigana necessary. Big Grin

Heck, I've got a real Japanese name, in addition to my American name, and have forgotten the characters. Sweat Doh! Beaten
-PCM
yume

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

pcmodem wrote:

Heck, I've got a real Japanese name, in addition to my American name, and have forgotten the characters. Sweat Doh! Beaten
-PCM

I hate to sound cheeky, but what is an American name?
Sweat Sometimes I am confused if people are using American to be synonymous with English [the ethnicity, not the language].
pcmodem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yume wrote:

I hate to sound cheeky, but what is an American name?
Sweat Sometimes I am confused if people are using American to be synonymous with English [the ethnicity, not the language].

When I saw "an American name" that is for the benefit of non-Americans or non-UK folks. Names like John, Matt, Thomas, David, etc.
-PCM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Learn Japanese All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 6 of 28

Jump to: