jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese Karaoke
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Genma

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lovelessemotion wrote:
i'm sure we wouldn't mind...and as u can see genma is dying to get his hands on romanji lyrics Smile

well, actually no. I'm looking for karaoke songs with kana. i.e. Kanji with Hiragana equivalents above each Kanji. It helps you practise your Japanese you know. Smile
himitsu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

well, actually no. I'm looking for karaoke songs with kana. i.e. Kanji with Hiragana equivalents above each Kanji. It helps you practise your Japanese you know. Smile

you mite wish to try karaoke hit studio. just went there last week, they have got thousands over japanese songs and including the latest ones. the songs are all with hiragana and kanji. difficult kanji have got hiragana above them so not to worry....and if i am not wrong they do sell DVD with karaoke songs..not too sure cause didnt have a closer look. In short, if you want to sing the latest or old japanese songs and you know how to read hiragana and simple kanji, you should really check out the place.
Mr Green
and yes, you really get to practise your japanese cause you realize it is quite different when reading the words while singing the songs....haha
kndy-nt2099

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

Hi Genma,

Do they still show Japanese music shows like "Music Station" in Singapore? I know music shows were a big help for me because they have the kana lyrics underneath. Karaoke does help in aiding with your Japanese. But I think it's a lot cheaper to go to karaoke places than what I did...which was buying karaoke LD/DVD's.

kndy
windrider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

himitsu wrote:

you mite wish to try karaoke hit studio. just went there last week, they have got thousands over japanese songs and including the latest ones. the songs are all with hiragana and kanji. difficult kanji have got hiragana above them so not to worry....and if i am not wrong they do sell DVD with karaoke songs..not too sure cause didnt have a closer look. In short, if you want to sing the latest or old japanese songs and you know how to read hiragana and simple kanji, you should really check out the place.
Mr Green
and yes, you really get to practise your japanese cause you realize it is quite different when reading the words while singing the songs....haha

I went there for the last 2 weeks. Currently the best japanese karaoke place i've seen so far, whats more its very cheap. It still misses out on quite some songs i wanted but so far its the best so i cant complain... anyone knows any other good places?
kndy-nt2099

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey loveless,

I added four more for you: Glay's "However", L'Arc's "Pieces", SMAP's "Asahi wo mini ikouyo" and Morning Musume's "Furusato".
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:

well, actually no. I'm looking for karaoke songs with kana.

oh sorry genma... uhm... well have ever seen the 'FUJI TEREBI TOKYO KID'S CLUB'? they show it here in LA in the morinigs and the play ALOT of songs with kana in it... its for little kids ..but i watch it all the time! Sweat
...its good practice man!

oh and thanks denis...i'll try and see if the vids ya uploaded are up again... i saw 1 of ur vids..b4 my dsl got disconnected..the subbs are pretty good man! thanks Thumbsup
niko2x

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not JPN karaoke, but karaoke nevertheless, it's DICTIONARAOKE! Funny stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I have a question. Anybody know where I can download any japanese karaoke videos? (like Fujii Fumiya's True Love song or something) I really need to find some videos. Please help. Thanks. Sweat
Moccona

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese Karaoke Reply with quote Back to top

Genma wrote:
Just wondering, how many of you do sing Japanese songs at Karaokes? Smile

I ONLY sing Japanese songs when I go to karaoke.. (><)! I wanna go to karaoke right now...!
teru teru bozu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: urrmm. Reply with quote Back to top

hey..never heard takuya ssing b4. Jpnese karaoke sound nice but can't get any place in malaysia . nobody seems to be interested.. Bleah just few of us thou Wink i guess i haf to wait to be in japan then i can find one aiye?
billy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah! i do japanese songs too, in KTVs!

must-sings includes "konya Tsuki no Mieru Okani", "Honey", "Sakurazaka" & "True Love" etc...

In S'pore, many of the KTV joints started including Japanese songs in their list, although not really that impressive, it's still great for a start!

i used to head on to Delfi Orchard, cos tat KTV's more for Japanese patrons. Can see lotsa Japanese Obasans hanging round. Otherwise, normal joints like K-box do offer Jap numbers.
Moccona

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Re: urrmm. Reply with quote Back to top

teru teru bozu wrote:
hey..never heard takuya ssing b4. Jpnese karaoke sound nice but can't get any place in malaysia . nobody seems to be interested.. Bleah just few of us thou Wink i guess i haf to wait to be in japan then i can find one aiye?

When I was in Australia, I went to karaoke every week with my friends.. i was surprised they had more Japanese songs than English-language songs! Anyway, the karaoke is not a series of 'boxes' but a big stage where everyone can see you perform. Sound scary? It was at first but I soon got over it and yeah, i love being up there on stage!

On a side note: that particularly karaoke place is FREE. Beaten There is a bar inside aswell, thus the bargirls are always coming around to tables asking people if they want a drink.. my friends were warned once if we didn't buy any more drinks we would have to leave! At that time it was really busy and yeah, the lady had a point i guess.. no reason for paying customers to stand while others sit down at the limited number of chairs and tables. Sweat
niko2x

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: urrmm. Reply with quote Back to top

Moccona wrote:
Anyway, the karaoke is not a series of 'boxes' but a big stage where everyone can see you perform.
those series of boxes are now illegal in san jose, california due to the fact that a lot of times, that was just a front and a "place of business" for prostitution.
heavensdrive

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Folks.

Are there karaoke places in the east coast (i.e. New York/Boston/Philadelphia) that have a japanese and korean
song selection in addition to english and chinese?

I have been to 5 places in New York, and they all have mostly
chinese songs. I'm surprised given the diversity of people in
east coast. Do the owners think that only chinese people enjoy
karaoke?

There is one place in Colorado (that's right, out in the middle
of nowhere) that kicks serious ass; they have a huge selection of
the latest korean, japanese, english, chinese, and some
vietnamese and thai songs too. Owned by Koreans I think.
I'm glad they can accomodate people from all backgrounds
so you can get together with your diverse group of friends.

Ja!
niko2x

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WOW! you really did some digging heavensdrive Cool! . usually where i go to is my korean friends' house and do them. I can ask him later and post where he gets his JPN/Korean stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, I wanna get the Japanese versions of Karaoke Revolutions for PS2. I saw some of the songlists on there and they rock. Yeah
Kris

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One of my fav hangouts with my friends are in KTV and surprisely this group of my buddies preferred singing Japanese songs and so we sing together. It's lucky that in Singapore there are KTVs with Japanese songs... Normally the songs are in Katagana, Kanji and Hiragana... they dun come in Romaji... never... Hiragana and a little Kanji is ok for me but my Katagana is really lousy... need some revising...
akiramike

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: urrmm. Reply with quote Back to top

Moccona wrote:

When I was in Australia, I went to karaoke every week with my friends.. i was surprised they had more Japanese songs than English-language songs! Anyway, the karaoke is not a series of 'boxes' but a big stage where everyone can see you perform. Sound scary? It was at first but I soon got over it and yeah, i love being up there on stage!

On a side note: that particularly karaoke place is FREE. Beaten There is a bar inside aswell, thus the bargirls are always coming around to tables asking people if they want a drink.. my friends were warned once if we didn't buy any more drinks we would have to leave! At that time it was really busy and yeah, the lady had a point i guess.. no reason for paying customers to stand while others sit down at the limited number of chairs and tables. Sweat

Where in Australia was it? I go to chinese karaokes in Melbourne and they usually have a small selection of Japanese songs. I've managed to mumble my way through :

1)everything by misia
2)very butchered version of Speed's graduation
3)crappy version of First Love by some taiwanese singer
4)some kiroro song (can't remember which one)

Most of the time its pretty old songs. (You can tell cause 99% of the songs don't have any english in the title or singer names) Anyone know any japanese karaoke's in Melbourne. I'm dying to sing Love Machine in front of my friends and embarress the hell out of myself. Smile
massaru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Natsukawa Rimi song Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, everyone ! Just saw this karaoke thread and thought to myself it was worth the try. A friend of mine is looking for a song to perform at a contest, the title is Namida Sousou by okinawan singer Natsukawa Rimi (great voice btw), apparently this song is very popular at karaoke song rankings. Anyway, I`m looking for the instrumental version which can be found in her cd single from 2001.3.21. I found several of her albums but I`m having a hard time finding this single so any help would be very much appreciated.

Well, thanks for taking the time to read this and if by any chance i posted this in the wrong place, please, mods, feel free to transfer, lock, erase this post or whatever you fel like it and sorry for any inconvenience.
ryoko293

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to share a little story with you guys:
My best friend is half-korean and her relatives live in a tiny city close to Seoul. She visited them 4 years ago and invited me to come with her for 3 weeks. Neither does she speak korean (unfortunately!) nor do i, so her mother was coming with us. On the last day of our stay her family consisting of around 10 family members (just the close family, no spet uncles or so)decided to sing karaoke, well my friend and I had to sing too!!! Couldn't read a single word!!!! her aunts were singing with us, so that we might pick up a word, but it was so much fun. Karaoke seems wierd, but it brings people together.
I'm invited to come again next year and I bet it wasn't because of my singing skill!!??!! Rolly
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: