jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
General Music Discussion (Non-Japanese)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 781, 782, 783  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilryu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:47 am    Post subject: General Music Discussion (Non-Japanese) Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering what other kind of music the Asians listen too, especially the Japanese, other than music from Asia!?
I know the Japanese listen to Marilyn Manson and TATU
But what about music from Metallica,Kylie Minogue,50 Cent,Eminem....
Do you know!?
Ren

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was suprise to hear Mariah Carey song as the theme song on the drama You're Under Arrest. So i guess japanese listen to alot of American music. I heard that the Carpenters are still popular.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
takuya_angel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, we Asians definitely listen to different varieties of songs. Depends on each individual interests.
We listen & appreciate songs by International artistes but we also support our local acts as well.

If you want to know abt Japanese...BSB is definitely a craze there in Japan. I mean it really depends.

Like for say, my idol Takuya Kimura-kun really love Aerosmiths, Michael Jackson and he also sing Jazz music by Frank Sinatra,etc.
Evilryu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jeah I heard Japanese people like to listen to M.Carey!
I saw a special once on MTV about her and she visited Tokyo Time Square to shoot a video and almost whole Tokyo was there, it was a total chaos!!!!!
Oh and about Kimura Takuyas interests, it's no surprise that he has such an variety---->This guy is too danm perfect!!!
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i usually don't listen to western acts actually.. usually only japanese music and stuff from the region.. but western music is very much around here in the region also.. mtv keeps playing linkin park stuff and stacie orrico and stuff from britain like gareth gates and robbie williams.. so actually here in asia we get a BIG BIG variety of music.. japanese, korean, malay, chinese, cantonese, american, british... blah blah blah... hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arashinokoto wrote:
i usually don't listen to western acts actually.. usually only japanese music and stuff from the region.. but western music is very much around here in the region also.. mtv keeps playing linkin park stuff and stacie orrico and stuff from britain like gareth gates and robbie williams.. so actually here in asia we get a BIG BIG variety of music.. japanese, korean, malay, chinese, cantonese, american, british... blah blah blah... hehe

same here...
i stopped d/ling western songs for quite some time
^^
it can be heard everywhere here....mtv..channel v...hitz.fm

i like linkin park!!!
i think they'r pretty cool
Lovey Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ren wrote:
I heard that the Carpenters are still popular.

yup i've heard that 2... ilike the carpenter also.... but i hear they're cool in japan ..atleast theywere a while go....
Mayumi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Victoria Beckham.
Ever since the spice girls came out. LOL
I used to be a HUGE spice girls fan like 7 years ago and she was my favorite:p

I think she is so awesome. I love her songs (if you wanna hear her songs, get "No Trix No Games" and "That Kind of Girl") The whole reason why I started wearing make-up when I was 13 was because I wanted to be like her LOL!!
kook05

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Evilryu wrote:
Oh and about Kimura Takuyas interests, it's no surprise that he has such an variety---->This guy is too danm perfect!!!

hehe
lim_li

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

AVRIL LAVIGNE,WESTLIFE,MARIAH CAREY,CELINE DION,M2M..
SUN YAN ZI...etc...etc..!!!!!!!!!-so many!!!! Mr Green Nut Lovey Eyes hehe Bleah Wink Sweat
kook05

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lurve all sorts of music.... classical, rock, contemporary, jpop, brit, new age, etc....(kinda like a music junkie).... so long as the tune is nice and it catches my attention.... except maybe R&B music.... not my cup of tea..... Beaten

Last edited by kook05 on Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
juliana_phang

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i love instrumental songs...
esp those from jdramas...
sens..good luck!!...long vacation etc..

n some classical musics...bach..sonata..etc

Rolling eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
windrider

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Indian, even classical, etc...

We get all of those here.

As for more europish stuff like french, german, swedish songs etc... we dont really get much of those.

Personally i hate english pop we get on radio though. much prefer the less famous bands i hear on channel mtv sometimes... but we are less exposed to those kinda songs in singapore. I've already got my hands full tracking chinese and japanese songs... so i don't pay too attention to english songs.
princess

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i listen 2 almost everything.... i even like french rap.... but the thing is i can't d/l da song... coz i neva rememba the name of it when i hear it from cd stores or on da radio...
4 western music, i listen 2 Linkin Park, Eminem, Shania Twain, BSB ( i;m not too sure if they broke up alreadi...), P!nk and Evanescence... Wink
Bsalez

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well let see......Sarah Brightmann,Andrea Bocelli,Eros Ramazotti,Alejandro sanz and cristian Castro Mr Green U can check them out different style of music Mr Green
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Currently listening to Linda Ronstadt, Swing Out Sister, The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dave Brubeck, and the soundtracks from Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service... How's that for a weird wild assortment of music? Nut hehe
Ren

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou. I'm currently listening to the Carpenter. Love those sweet melody.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ren wrote:
Love linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou.

You should listen to some of her Big Band songs like What's New, I've Got a Crush on You, and Someone to Watch Over Me... Great stuff... Big Grin
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ren wrote:
Love linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou. I'm currently listening to the Carpenter. Love those sweet melody.

yup i'm a fan 2...hey ren have ya heard "the rainbow connection"? it was the theme for "Koi Gashita Koi gAshita Koi Gashitai" Bleah
sephy1024

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mayumi wrote:
I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Victoria Beckham.
Ever since the spice girls came out. LOL
I used to be a HUGE spice girls fan like 7 years ago and she was my favorite:p

I think she is so awesome. I love her songs (if you wanna hear her songs, get "No Trix No Games" and "That Kind of Girl") The whole reason why I started wearing make-up when I was 13 was because I wanted to be like her LOL!!

*takes Mayumi outside and shoots them Evil

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 781, 782, 783  Next
Page 1 of 783

Jump to: