jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Koyuki
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gama1984

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:49 pm    Post subject: Koyuki Reply with quote Back to top

does anyone have more info on the movie?
i can't wait for it to come out Wink
Pemu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dunno if this helps but www.lastsamurai.com
gama1984

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is she actually going to "star " in the movie or is her character going to be like those chinese guys in tomb raider 2 and how they made so much fuss about being in a holleywood film but they turned out to just be in the film for like a couple of minutes. = =" so disapointed if that's true.
Psiphon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately, it might be true that Koyuki won't have much screen time considering that she doesn't seem to be a main cast member: http://www.imdb.com/Title?0325710
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i saw the trailer.. seems like she's like a mistress or something.. they just wanted a pretty japanese woman.. and koyuki is just that... Mr Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bsalez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hope she can deliver da good act and continue play for Hollywood movie......so Hollywod can produce movie which have Japan actor and actress.....See Jacky chan for an example.......Kimutaku play with Leonardo di caprio or Matsu Takako with Nicole kidman will not be far away Mr Green
Pemu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Koyuki being Tom's servant/mistress, hehe. I'm quite sure of it. Check out the trailer.
Tom will make out with Koyuki, 100% sure! He's always done in every movie he has acted! Tom, cool off with the sex pace hehe
Tom is the "Last Samurai", what does it refer to? First and last foreigner samurai or last samurai that exists in Japan? hehe!

I have never liked Tom's movies.
Bsalez

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lucky Koyuki.....Japan actress will be soooooooo Jealous....Can't wait to see da movie!! Naughty actually I forget I ever saw the press release of this movie in one of the news
Ren

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I never watched one of Tom Cruise movies i have nothing against the man maybe it just that none of his movies interested me. His ex-wife Nicole, i saw a few of her movies.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i was never interested in tom cruise movies before too.. dun know why.. but i didnt think he was that good-looking.. but i might watch this movie though.. since it has koyuki in it...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gama1984

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i also agree that tom cruise has been a bit over rated with his looks and movies.. i think that the last samurai will probably appeal to more audiences though.. does anyone know if the movie is going to be playing at the toronto film festival? lol..
Bsalez

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actor's ability also can be a succe material in one movie beside his look Mr Green
Bsalez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Set in 1876, The Last Samurai is about American mercenary Nathan Algren (Cruise) who goes to Japan to help train and modernize the imperial army. Along the way, Algren is taken in by the very samurai rebels he had been sent to help destroy. Algren adopts Eastern ways and is soon fighting alongside his former enemy against the imperial forces.

The film's samurai leader Katsumoto (Ken Watanabe) and his fictionalized rebellion are clearly based on the Satsuma rebellion.

Military History says that in September 1877 the "remaining warriors of the last traditional samurai army in Japanese history rose from their foxholes, drew their swords and charged into the guns of the 30,000-man-strong imperial army. ... During the 1860s, Japan underwent a period of turmoil as conservative-minded daimyo [great lords} and samurai [the military caste that served them] attacked both the government and foreigners in an attempt to restore the country's isolation. Japan's future was ultimately resolved in 1868, however, when Emperor Mutsuhito stepped into power under the title of Meiji ('enlightened peace'), abolished the shogunate, ratified a constitution and moved the imperial capital to Edo, which was renamed Tokyo. While the army was becoming westernized, statesmen such as Prince Tonomi Iwakura and Toshimichi Okubo championed industrialization, so Japan could sustain a modern, competitive war machine. ... Many able men who had fought and bled to return real power to the emperor in 1868 now spoke of the 'good old days' of samurai dominance. Prominent among them was Field Marshal Takamori Saigo [who] is still popularly regarded as a heroic figure: the last of the noble samurai."
Pemu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another "dances with wolves" type of movie. The history is rewritten or should I say twisted.
jo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the title kinda threw it off, "The Last Gaijin Samurai" would be more appropriate. This is a definite work of fiction, I think Japanese History was captured in some parts of that story but I don't know about an American Civil War Hero going to Japan at that time. I believe FRANCE was more involved at that time rather than America. I'm still waiting for it to come out.
drive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those Japaneses actors (Kimura, Matsu and so and so) to make Hollywood, they gotta speak English well. I think it is pre-requisition.

Tough, but reality, I think...
Akakage

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I should agree with you, not many Japanese actors/actresses can speak english very good except hmmm let me see Oshio Manabu, Joe odagiri, Norika Fujiwara (she's ok I guess, saw her in China Strike Force speaking english) Takeshi Kaneshiro, Masaya Kato. Can't think of any actress (?)

Who has managed to be in Hollywood movie? let me see..Masaya Kato (drive w/ mark dacascos, 7th floor w/ Brooke Shield, Rakuyo w/ Diane Lane and Donald Sutherland and many more), Etsushi Toyokawa ( I saw him in No way back or was it No way out? with Russel Crowe and Kelly Hu), Carry Hiroyuki Takagawa (Rising Sun w/ Sean Connery etc...too many) Applaud Who else? don't remember but none can manage to be a star like Jacky Chan.

I guess hollywood still stereotyped asian actors/actresses to be very skillfull in martial arts like Jacky Chan and Jet li or even Kelly Hu, Michelle Yeoh, zhang zi yi to kick ass in action movie. They should see how talented asian actors/actresses are. They are very good in serious drama or other non-action film. Just hate Hollywood sometimes...Look at Hollywood now, they borrow or even buy ideas from asian film (RING, the EYE, Infernal affairs) it seems that they have been loosing some original ideas for their movie production. Angry
Bsalez

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep alot of quality Actor and actress that should meet da standard of Hollywood movie...Language is one of the barrier..It happen before to Jacky Chan..Heard he took some serious english lesson before he can manage penetrate Hollywood market...And It also true when u try to Americanised Japanese Movie...The original ring movie still better than American remake Mr Green
Pemu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's necessary for them to go through such difficult process (learnin English), cos it's kinda hard for them to study language at that age. English isn't an easy language for Japanese, they start studyin the language quite late at 7th grade, or is it 8th. They're already famous in their native country, do they need to gain more fame outside Japan and Asia? Dun think so.
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:
I don't think it's necessary for them to go through such difficult process (learnin English), cos it's kinda hard for them to study language at that age. They're already famous in their native country, do they need to gain more fame outside Japan and Asia? Dun think so.

while it's true that they don't need to gain fame outside of asia for fame sake, it is true that its always better to gain a foothold of another country so the asian stars can broadcast their marketability. That way they can be more successful (sell more movies, cd's, whatever).

Last edited by niko2x on Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: