jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Kuriyama Chiaki
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koi_ni_ochitano

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver> I'd love too see those pics too.... hope you post them soon Big Grin

chiaki is so pretty... w00t!
qilver

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

koi_ni_ochitano wrote:
qilver> I'd love too see those pics too.... hope you post them soon Big Grin

chiaki is so pretty... w00t!

as soon as i scale'm down them high res pix from my digicam, they were from the train station in Tokyo, think she was wearing a green outfit, if i remember correctly, also remember seeing her on this interview passing by and stopped in Sofmap - electronics(think they have other types of sofmap stores there too in akihabara) anyways just thought i might mention she is very popular in Japan, she was on tv quite a bit here and there.
Toranaga

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed, I think Kagen no Tsuki gave her quite a push forward, after all she proved that she can play more than Chigusas and Yubaris. And in autmumn we'll see her alongside Joe Odagiri... perfect.

I'll come with more stuff soon, was absent a bit, had my eyes lasered...
qilver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

here's a pix of chiaki, i took this one of her at the train station, huge ad's there of her. She's is quite popular there. Thumbsup
Toranaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:
here's a pix of chiaki, i took this one of her at the train station, huge ad's there of her. She's is quite popular there. Thumbsup

*looks at the smile and melts away*
koi_ni_ochitano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that's a real nice pic of chiaki!!! hope I can watch Kagen no Tsuki soon, still can't find a copy... Sad
Mr.ChoyBoi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

She looks kinda scary. She's got those Shibasaki Kou bangs..... hehe
Toranaga

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mr.ChoyBoi wrote:
She looks kinda scary. She's got those Shibasaki Kou bangs..... hehe

hehehe, she had the bangs long before Kou *points at the infamous photobook from when she was 12*

and now for sometihng completely different...

koi_ni_ochitano

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wow... sleeping chiaki... shhh... don't disturb... Mr Green

oh yeah, the cube thing on chiaki's shoulder in the ad is kinda cute in a weird way. Bonk

yamete_evie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toranaga wrote:

hehehe, she had the bangs long before Kou *points at the infamous photobook from when she was 12*

This is true! Maybe Kou saw Chiaki's bangs and said "gotta get me some of those!" but Kou's were much fuller than Chiaki's. I think Kou's grown hers out now, tho.

K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought was really cool in kill bill w00t! ooohhh and deadly too hehe

For some reason though....it seems that she makes a better bad girl than good girl in movies.....don't know why i think that Sweat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, well, she was extremely good in Last Quarter, where she played basically an ordinary girl. I'm curious how well she'll do in Scrapheaven, should interesting. It'll hit cinemas in autumn in Japan. Before that... Takashi Miike's Yokai Daisensu, The Great Spook War, Chiaki as goblin.

And btw... I absolutely HATE the KIll Bill premiere pictures... Her make-up there was TERRIBLE. Whoever did it should be shot. It didn't fit to her face.

From Shikoku

That's one of my favorite movie kisses of all time w00t!
yamete_evie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I rented Shikoku but only got to watch half before it had to go back to the store *boo* Chiaki's hardly in the first half at all Puppy Dog Eyes

She looks lovely in kimono though
qilver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K.T.Tran wrote:
I thought was really cool in kill bill w00t! ooohhh and deadly too hehe

For some reason though....it seems that she makes a better bad girl than good girl in movies.....don't know why i think that Sweat

I haven't really seen chiaki in any other movie, other than the Kill bill movie, she looked cute in that one. I haven't followed her other movies, but she is quite big in japan, similar to Koyuki, remember her from The Last Samurai, she is on a lot of advertisments and commericals, etc...in japan, so both are very popular from what i have observed while in Japan. Bonk
Toranaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kagen no Tsuki is a must watch and I still say it gave her the right push forward. After it she suddenly had the Clorets and the overly-cute yoghurt commercials. I'm curious what she'll get after Yokai Daisensu and Scrapheaven. Both should be another big push forward.

Speaking of commercials...

kitakaze

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 a second time...I don't like the way she died. She should have slammed that weapon right into Uma Thurman's blond head.
Toranaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uma should have just knocked her out... At least she goes out with a kickass fight, unlike in Azumi 2... that was so lame.

But well, whenever she dies (Chigusa, then her small guest starring in Miike's MPD, Kill Bill, Last Quarter and Azumi) she always looks so extremly beautiful... *eyeshift*

From Gonin:

K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kitakaze wrote:
I saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 a second time...I don't like the way she died. She should have slammed that weapon right into Uma Thurman's blond head.

I second this Victory! Peace!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toranaga wrote:
Uma should have just knocked her out... At least she goes out with a kickass fight, unlike in Azumi 2... that was so lame.

this may sound like a spoiler question, but just how did chiaki die in azumi 2? i'm just curious...

another pic of chiaki... this is a pic from her yogurt commercial

Toranaga

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Far too easy... she dropped her cover in the end, killed some of that Tenkai guy's bodyguards, faced Azumi, they talked a bit, then Chiaki attacked, Azumi basically just sidestepped and slashed her, done (killed like a peasent girl with absolutely no fighting skills).

That was far too easy and too quick. Afterwards she had, I think, 3 close ups as dead body. The good thing of it, she was the best looking dead one throughout the movie.

I'm still disappointed though. Azumi vs Kozue could have been a far better fight.

And now... time for some obsession and how far it can go... It's not particularly Chiaki herself, but somehow related to her, if you can read some kanji you'll get it. Explanation after the images for those who're lazy...

Right... in WW2 there was a Japanese pilot who named his aircraft "Kimikaze" after his wife Kimiko. That's my "Pacific Fighters" aircraft and the writing says "Chikaze"... so, there you have it... I'm obsessed!!! Shocked Shake Head Sweat Bonk Bonk Bonk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Artistes All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: