jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Baseball (MLB, WBC, College, etc.)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
niko2x

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Baseball (MLB, WBC, College, etc.) Reply with quote Back to top

Okey I know this has nothing to do with dorama or anything, but I just wanted to comment on the fact that we went to a baseball game this weekend. The Baltimore Orioles vs. Seattle Mariners to se Ichiro. Althogh he didn't do too well this particular game, a some of the drunken orioles fan were chanting "IIIIIII-chiro, IIIIIIII-chiro........you suck". Pretty soon, my 2 year old, too were chanting "IIIIIII-chigo, IIIIIIIIchigo". I thought that was pretty cute.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 11:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Baseball Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
Okey I know this has nothing to do with dorama or anything, but I just wanted to comment on the fact that we went to a baseball game this weekend. The Baltimore Orioles vs. Seattle Mariners to se Ichiro. Althogh he didn't do too well this particular game, a some of the drunken orioles fan were chanting "IIIIIII-chiro, IIIIIIII-chiro........you suck". Pretty soon, my 2 year old, too were chanting "IIIIIII-chigo, IIIIIIIIchigo". I thought that was pretty cute.

Ichiro and the Mariners seems to have run out of gas after the All-Star break... I can't believe they dropped out of first place... And Ichiro's batting average has dropped as well... I think Nomar Garciaparra finally passed him just recently... Sad
niko2x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, it seems that he usually tails off near the end of the year. maybe he's not used to playing 162 games a year. what is it in JPN, about 140 something games/yr?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
yeah, it seems that he usually tails off near the end of the year. maybe he's not used to playing 162 games a year. what is it in JPN, about 140 something games/yr?

Something like that... I recall it was 20-30 games less...

In his first (great) year, Ichiro didn't tail off at all... Must be that American diet... hehe
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i've watched japanese baseball on nhk a few times.. really interesting to me.. living in singapore, baseball is not a sport well known.. Sweat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tomatoes78

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Go Ichiro! Reply with quote Back to top

Any baseball fans? Smile
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Go Ichiro! Reply with quote Back to top

tomatoes78 wrote:
Any baseball fans? Smile

Sure. But the Mariners have been playing so dismally, I don't hear much about them anymore...

Thanks for the news, though.

Ichiro, Ganbatte!!! Applaud Applaud hehe

Umm, this might be in the wrong location, but the Mods will take care of it... Not to worry. Smile
Ken-chan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

not much of a baseballfan but I know the japanese stars in the american league, can't mis it after watching the sports while I was in japan Bleah
Go Ichiro! and ganbatte Matsuix2 ^^
niko2x

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

if anyone can do it, it's him. he already has the most hits for anyone in MLB history that has 4 yrs experience. (843). Even tho the mariners are crappy, i still scan the lines about ichiro's stats most mornings.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ichiro is a phenomanal player
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

warren.mcclendon wrote:
Ichiro is a phenomanal player

Yes he is.

His D is just as amazing: I've seen him throw out a couple of guys at third from the outfield... Great arm. Big Grin
warren.mcclendon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He has a great all around game. Hit, steals, defense and occasionally home runs.
Ikumu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If only Ichiro had Godzilla's mindset, he'd be loved in Japan too.

I saw a lot of HS kids in this year's koko taikai using Ichiro-like batting technique...that almost 'slap' swing where you're in the zone more than any other kind of swing....and yep, he's fast as shit, and he's got a cannon. I love watching him play.
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:

I saw a lot of HS kids in this year's koko taikai using Ichiro-like batting technique...that almost 'slap' swing where you're in the zone more than any other kind of swing....and yep, he's fast as shit, and he's got a cannon. I love watching him play.
i saw him play last yr when he came to play the orioles at camden yard. altho he got caught stealing, still greta to see him play.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:

It would be great to see him with a team that gave him more exposure like the Yanks, Dodgers, etc... The guy's a phenom.
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
It would be great to see him with a team that gave him more exposure like the Yanks, Dodgers, etc... The guy's a phenom.
with the JPN population as huge as it is in sea-town, i dunno if he WANTS to leave...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
with the JPN population as huge as it is in sea-town, i dunno if he WANTS to leave...

We've got a pretty sizable group down here in SoCal (hint hint). Big Grin
Ikumu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:

I agree. He doesnt have dreams like Godzilla, I think Ichiro wanted to show the world the he can play at any level...and be great.

Yo we'll have to catch an Orioles game sometime...Im a Giants fan, I went to see a double header and saw Bonds crank one out w00t!
I think Tejada is a good player. And Mora wont stop hitting :p
KouSeiya315

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn, I was hoping this thread would have some pics, oh well Beaten I know nothing about sports, but he's pretty hot w00t!
Doramafan113

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ikumu wrote:

A lot of Japanese think that since Ichiro left Japan his head has become too big and many of his old fans don't like him anymore. They feel he has stuck his nose up at Japan. In any event he is an amazing player. I played some fantasy baseball this year and was lucky enough to draft him. I think everyone respects Godzilla's mindset it's hard not to like him. (Even though I hate the Yankees)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 277, 278, 279  Next
Page 1 of 279

Jump to: