jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
J-Dramas on TV (S'pore)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tingtongbell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

renni72 wrote:
But I find that Jdramas are not as romantic as Kdramas.

The romances are not as intense .... that explains why Jdramas are usually 7 - 9 discs long only!

too intense is it reflection of real life ? How many people can have such intense love, like taiwanese drama, it seems they don have a job, everyday just love love love...is it realistic ?

kdrama to me is too long, that is why draggy to watch. some parts are simply too draggy

do not flame me pls....this is just my personal opinion
Dabbies

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

well..... for me... JDorama plays very well for most rommance part... i like JDorama partly because of that too:smitten:...!! i have watch quite a lot of JDorama & will never get tired of watching them Mr Green .... they are juz so nice... currently showed, Good Luck, is also highly recommended by me... very encouraging... thumbs up...!!! Victory! Peace! Applaud

while KDrama... i like most of the comedy drama... currently still watching Full House by Rain & Song Hye Kyo... & i juz love it Dancing ...!! very funny & at the same time romance essense still fills the whole scene... very nice drama... those tearing drama tends to be draggy bleh ... but some are really worth watching... rofl Beaten

tata...(",)
Maine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose pride will be showing sometime in May or June. It is one of the jap shows Channel U will be showing after their revamp. So, stay tuned!!
Ya... alot of martial arts shows. I never like martial arts dramas cause I feel they are way past our era.
specizhen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I suppose pride will be showing sometime in May or June. It is one of the jap shows Channel U will be showing after their revamp. So, stay tuned!!

Ahh.. good. I can see pride got many good votes here so I assume the show is very good. Can't wait to see it soon. A pity they only show "good luck!!!" on mondays and tuesdays. I don't mind them airing it 7 days a week. Mr Green
atata

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i love satoshi tsumabuki Smitten ..i didnt watch him before (only wedding planner but he is only a supporting)...

Thumbsup alright great manz! damn channel 8 shut down city tv..i lost my Johnny Power and we all got to see mukodono in City-tv right? back at that times..always cry after dinner..damn the TOKIO show always eat those delicious food...!!!! Drooling Mad

not only the jdoramas..also the variety shows MUST come back..Music Station..u guys rem? no matter how late still muz stay up to watch..(sometimes ur fave artistes gt to sing at the very last and u have to tolerate the others..miss those times Pout Cry

Good Luck!! is damn highly recommended here!!! i didnt expect anything cuz i go read the whole synopse online..but the first episode hook me up.. Applaud kou shibasaki is not tt annoying too (she is cute Wink )
takuya is super cool and too great to be true! enjoy the others' acting too, shinichi, kurome...rina (ok, this one so-so Rolling eyes )

looking forward to the upcoming shows! Cool!

p.s: anyone watch the sunday 11pm show, the one after Double Score?? is it nice?? lol i purposely miss the first epi...
=T
ribi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
p.s: anyone watch the sunday 11pm show, the one after Double Score?? is it nice?? lol i purposely miss the first epi...

I can't say it's nice (at all!) - it's NOT scary at all and the story was a bit stale --> woman married to a heartless creep, poisoned to death by said creep and comes back as a ghost for vengeance. Sleeping

Double Score was so darn good I thought they'd bring in something as exciting (and contemporary) to follow up.. Sigh... Shake Head

Have taped Good Luck but not watched it yet - not a fan of Takuya but I thought Tsutsumi was sooooo cool though. Heh.

Quote:
But it does seem a little weird to have the drama dubbed in Chinese..

Trust me, it got even weirder when I watched it last year in HK in Cantonese! Sweat

Last edited by ribi on Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dabbies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

atata wrote:

not only the jdoramas..also the variety shows MUST come back..Music Station..u guys rem? no matter how late still muz stay up to watch..(sometimes ur fave artistes gt to sing at the very last and u have to tolerate the others..miss those times Pout Cry

ahhh.... music station.... yes...!! they should come back... i miss the show too...!! coz u are more exposed to various Jpop artistes than rely on the TV or radio station.... Mr Green

tata...(",)
tingtongbell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

maybe we should raise these programme requests to channel 8 -via their mediacorp forums ?? I wonder if they ever read mediacorp forums. i also posted there, that there should be more consistent timeslots for jdramas, and more jdramas, not just from takuya kimura. he may be a ratings-guaranteed guy but we also want to see more variety of jdramas (like e-city on cable.i know its cable cant compare but now got channel U and 8, surely u can try to be comparable to e-city.....)

last time got more timeslots showing jdrama on TV, like thursday night, saturday morning. sometimes 2 consecutive jdramas on thursday or sunday night! yes...i remember the 'city tv' days where they show the jdrama on weekday nights, its in the original jap version with english subs......some good things just never come back Grumble
Maine

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yup i totally agree that the jap show presently showing on Ch 8 on Sundays at 11pm is YUCKS! The plot is a little wierd so I suppose most may not like it.

But I like to share this website with you all. This is a very good website for downloading the latest jap shows. The website is in chinese and you have to sign up first then you can download the shows.

http://bt.100kan.com/
Maine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ch8 will be showing the latest addition of Emergency Room 24 hours 3 starring Eguchi Yousuke and Matsushima Nanako. It will premiere 19/06 on Sunday nights at 11pm.
jade_frost

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maine wrote:
Ch8 will be showing the latest addition of Emergency Room 24 hours 3 starring Eguchi Yousuke and Matsushima Nanako. It will premiere 19/06 on Sunday nights at 11pm.

OooO cool. I didn't see wrongly after all. That's really fast. For once! Dancing
balia17

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Athough I had watched the VCD Ver. but still want to watch it every sunday night~!

**may I know where can buy Japanese Drama in S'pore? Kindly provide the address to me. Thank you!
Coz I want to find the lastest & oldest drama...
velvet_ice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maine wrote:

whoa!!! *rubs eyes* whoa!!!

for once, we get to see a drama less than 1 yr after it's original release! I'm looking forward to watching it Big Grin
enen_shun

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok .. i'm getting a bit blur .. coz there's another 2 thread of S'pore discussions at General Discussion ...

http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic.5661.htm [Singapore JDrama Fans Fall In!]
http://www.jdorama.com/viewtopic.612.0.htm [The Singapore Thread]

a bit blur ... dunno where to post exactly .. Sweat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hi enen_shun! I suppose the other two singapore threads are just for singaporean fans to discuss anything under the sun. Whereas, this thread is mainly for discussion in jap dramas shown/ showing in singapore!
velvet_ice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all

How did you guys find the first episode of Kyumei Byoto 24 Ji 3 (24 hrs Emergency Ward 3) showing on Channel 8, 11 p.m. every Sunday?

Personally, I find the first episode rather slow moving, and I feel that there's less of a comedic atmosphere than in the 2nd series, perhaps because the theme of this drama focuses on the pre, post, and actual events occuring due to the earthquake.

I don't know if they're going to explain what happened before Shindo went to South Africa (and the events that led up to it), but I kinda hope they do somehow... it's as if they killed off the previous series' cast.

The special FX they introduced to show how devastating the earthquake was, and during the earthquake itself was pretty real -and when they showed how all the medical instruments were strewn all over the place making the hospital a chaotic place to be, I was pretty impressed.

It's not fair however, for me to judge the entire show based on the first ep, so yeah, i'm going to wait for the whole thing to be over before making a judgement.
enen_shun

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yup yup ~ velvet_ice ..
i watched this show b4 .. and i personally like it a lot !
after watching i'm really glad tat i'm living in a non-earthquake area ..
earthquake 's really scary ... Shake Head

to Maine .. yup i got it ur point .. here's for jdoramas shows on s'pore tv .. Mr Green

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i watched the first half n hour on sunday...uhhh...still ok...the earthquake part was quite freaky cuz the hospital just became very messy...but it gets boring when they keep showing this series...emergency ward 1, then emergency ward 2 and now emergency ward 3... =S glad that they have another earlier slot for dramas at 7...

btw now on sundays...waterboys is replaced by itsumo futari de...
velvet_ice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

enen_shun:
well of course you'd have watched it... it has Oguri Shun in it! Albeit the fact he's part of the supporting cast.. heheh.

yanjun wrote:
i watched the first half n hour on sunday...uhhh...still ok...the earthquake part was quite freaky cuz the hospital just became very messy...but it gets boring when they keep showing this series...emergency ward 1, then emergency ward 2 and now emergency ward 3... =S glad that they have another earlier slot for dramas at 7...

btw now on sundays...waterboys is replaced by itsumo futari de...

yanjun:
have you seen all 3? I didn't see the first one, but I thought 2 and 3 were different.
selphie086

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've watched part 2 and I really enjoyed it.The third series seems exciting too.I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 34 of 41

Jump to: