jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Interesting/Weird Stories in the News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pemu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
Yeah. that's how that 12 yr old that had to pay $2000 (US$) was found out, buy her families' ISP.
a PR act, perhaps? RIAA threatened to have a lawsuit against downloaders up to 700-150 000$ per downloaded song O_o Her mother says "I'll get the best solicitor to fight off! Since we paid for the subscription fee, we're not stealin any!" and now her family pays only 2000$ to have the case settled? At least from RIAA, they actually accepted the sum? A change of heart? no way! Sounds fishy, very. They even sued a grampa who didn't even use his comp, it was his grandchildren. The gramps can counter sue RIAA for havin his comp and connection scanned without his knowledge, an infringement of a private citizen's privacy.
Michi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

im downloading anime rite now Mr Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ren

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well no need to worry Michi they not cracking down on anime. Big Grin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
niko2x

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Not yet....
Ghil04

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, that is so inherently wrong to sue a minor.

There's nothing that'll traumatize a child more than the guilt of having cost her parents 2000 dollars. Hopefully they're accepting (and rich!).

And does anyone else think all of this is extremely fishy? Spyware is a deliberate violation of the US Privacy act. Nobody but you should be knowing what's going on in yoru computer.

I'm sure somebody is going to make a backlash lawsuit to get Kazaa to remove its privacy-violating software.

And I know I'm sounding like a totaly conspiracy theorist now, but it doesn't make sense that Kazaa would create such exorbitant fines on a select number of people. I have a strong feeling that they've been paid to "scare the public," and that none of these families have really had to pay the money.

It just seems absurd to me that they could get away with suiing a 12-year old for 2000 dollars. Man, do I love America.
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i will get serious PISSED if they ever even think about going after DORAMA.... (i dun care if its k or hk or tw or j, drama....) if they ever do that heads will roll!!! Sweat
Joyce

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lovelessemotion wrote:
i will get serious PISSED if they ever even think about going after DORAMA.... (i dun care if its k or hk or tw or j, drama....) if they ever do that heads will roll!!! Sweat
mmm...den wat a movies and animes? will we be caught if we dl them? i duuno if it is true that some animes are free to aired soooo it's ok....
zappie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spore now is tracking down those using peer to peer, like kazaa.... just read in the papers recently on how they tracked down... heard some of the people i know of receive warning letters already... n the punishment/fine is very very dear.... now i dun dare at all to activate kazaa.....

but sometimes, i dun use kazaa to d/l songs, but tv variety prog (e.g. CD:UK, TOTP) coz u cant find such prog in singpore at all!! so gotta look for those good souls who take their time to record and snip to share with us in Asia.... sigh, now i cant watch those anymore..... hey, i dun mind buying such shows if they do have on vcds.....

for songs, well, i admit i do d/l mp3 coz its hard to find suitable cd compilation...... mayb the music co should do a custom made cd for users... Bleah

but singapore sure is tough on such d/l.... think their nxt target would be those pirated vcd....
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zappie wrote:
Spore now is tracking down those using peer to peer, like kazaa.... just read in the papers recently on how they tracked down... heard some of the people i know of receive warning letters already... n the punishment/fine is very very dear.... now i dun dare at all to activate kazaa.....
but singapore sure is tough on such d/l.... think their nxt target would be those pirated vcd....
Man, that would really suck. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Singpore is a tough country i heard great things about that country but man. When i was still young there was this big news about some stupid american dude who was there did some graffitti or something like that. He was cane in public 8 times. It was such a big deal here in the state and some people here say it was cruel and i was like laughing cuz i get more than at my house when i misbehaved.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i've never gottened caned...... besides that dumb dude got what he deserved!... u can't go to a country and graffity the cars just for the hell of it... ya know?
Ren

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, he deserved it.
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Didn't they at one time outlawed chewing gum in public?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
Didn't they at one time outlawed chewing gum in public?
what the heck really?
takuya_angel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I decided to bring this issue up again.

I was wondering...what's been going on? Coz i'm practically dying here not being able to download any music. What makes it even worse....i lost all my previous files due to the breakdown of my hard disk recently.

I'm really scared to take chances on downloading from Kazaa since i think S'pore is taking this quite seriously. Do you know if there's any other way where i can download J-Pop, K-Pop and yes...western music too??

I really want to listen to Stacie Orrico & Dido!!

This is pretty late but to answer to niko2x - Yup, Singapore banned 'chewing gum'. So if u ever drop by here...don't expect to find any in the supermarkets.
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

chewing gum is back in singapore.. in pharmacies that is.. you can't just buy it.. need a prescription or recommendation, and you have to write down particulars and stuff.. Sweat however, singapore being my home country i would defend it.. well.. banning chewing gum has really made life easier for people who hate walking every step with a sticky feeling on their shoes and no gum on lift buttons too hehe also i dun miss gum since it hasn't been around since i was small..

that guy who got caned was michael fay.. even though bill clinton wrote a letter to lessen the sentence.. i stil thought he was an idiot.. you expect to vandalise cars in singapore and get away with it? bakappoi.. Crazy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wonder if those guy could get to me while using BT to dl music.
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hey ren u know what angelfire is cracking down on?.... imaging storing.... they just removed my site...now all my avatar are gone! *sigh*...any1 know anyother good free image hosting sites? Crazy Cry
Ren

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What the hell? am using angelfire right and i stored all the graphic works and ryoko pic on it. Angry
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

u'd better back them up man..... b4 the get deleted.... like mine did... now mine are all gone! Cry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 3 of 99

Jump to: