jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Densha Otoko (The Train Man)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I found this interesting thread at another site that questions whether or not the story was really based on true life events.

I do find a couple of the parallels with "My Sassy Girl" interesting: boy meets girl on train, ending up in a unique romance, and that the story was initially told on the Internet, eventually becomeing a media phenomenon.
donna8157

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I read through that site and the discussion was really interesting. That's very true, since "Densha Otoko" is doing so well - wouldn't people want to interview the real train man? Sigh. Part of the major attraction of this drama for me is the fact that it says it's based on a true story.
loris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

donna8157 wrote:
Part of the major attraction of this drama for me is the fact that it says it's based on a true story.

I think that always makes a story better Smile And if it is true, I would sympathise with them for not going public, who would want all the media scrutinizing your private life?

But you gotta love internet conspiracy theories too Smile
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Funny I was just watching it today so I came here to look for it and I saw the train man and out of curiosity I click on this topic and wow Thanks for the info on it I'll need to keep watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Space Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

donna8157 wrote:

The online buddies are hilarious. I always laugh when I see the police officer and the guy with the biret. Lol.

Can you see yourself in any of those online buddies?
Did you see the army man always saluting after he posted. rofl I was like "whats he doing there?" Crazy . Nevertheless the first episode killed me...when the little girl took his papers and threw them off into the water, and he gets blasted away... I almost choked on ramen noodles laughing so hard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
gaijin mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

They finally showed episode 1 tonight here on KSCI, it is hilarious!!! But I missed the name of the band that plays the theme song, can anybody help me out? Bonk
loris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijin mark wrote:
They finally showed episode 1 tonight here on KSCI, it is hilarious!!! But I missed the name of the band that plays the theme song, can anybody help me out? Bonk

E.L.O.
Electric Light Orchestra
dochira

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijin mark wrote:
They finally showed episode 1 tonight here on KSCI, it is hilarious!!!

I take it is unsubbed, but I'm amazed at how quickly things are being showed here.
gaijin mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the help Loris, and yes, Dochira, it is unsubbed. My Japanese is not that great, so I've learned not to get frustrated when I miss something! Bang Head
loris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijin mark wrote:
Thanks for the help Loris, and yes, Dochira, it is unsubbed.

You could download the .srt files from d-addicts and watch along Smile
gaijin mark

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, I like watching them unsubbed, it helps me to learn Japanese better. The only problem I'm having with Densha Otoko is they bounce back and forth between the Internet buddies so fast, I end up trying to read the emails instead!
Terryb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you guys noticed his Dartvader ringtone? LMAO hehe it only goes off when his evil coworker played by Shiraishi Miho calls Bonk
bluemist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Terryb wrote:
Have you guys noticed his Dartvader ringtone? LMAO hehe it only goes off when his evil coworker played by Shiraishi Miho calls Bonk

LOL, that tune even surfaces in ep. 3. They actually used the real Darth Vader / Imperial March music!
atheon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bluemist wrote:

LOL, that tune even surfaces in ep. 3. They actually used the real Darth Vader / Imperial March music!

yea lol Bonk
i hv to check the ringtone, din realise it......
-- Tokyo
YUI Lover: The 1st YUI Forum & Fansite
dochira

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All episodes (up to 3) have been subbed at d-addicts. The speed that this is being subbed is insane. Shocked
Ken-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Terryb wrote:

hehe, I never noticed that but it surly suits well considering the way she treats him hehe
yt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

young Densha Otoko hehe

aizawa^hase

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hahahaha...his face not much change!
yt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

he started acting when he was 3

teojb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol. just curious, why's he slightly dark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 3 of 49

Jump to: