jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Home & Away
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evilryu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:21 am    Post subject: Home & Away Reply with quote Back to top

What do you all think of Home & Away so far, does it have potenzial to be a good drama!?
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

definitely... it has a very interesting storyline.. but i have only watched 2 eps and can't make much o a decision.. but i will definitely continue watching.. however, there's this nagging feeling in my mind.. don't tell me she's going to drift to unknown lands for all twelve episodes..?!?!? kawai sou..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lala81

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

quite boring show i feel. but its ok i guess. Like the fact that can see some country rustic scenery
Pemu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lala81 wrote:
quite boring show i feel. but its ok i guess. Like the fact that can see some country rustic scenery
Nothing wrong with the countyside Smile I bet you've watched a lot dramas which are located in the cities, hehe! The countryside scenery is good for a change! Let the new air breeze!
masnita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've just finished the whole episode...although, in my opinion, it can't compete with dramas that have become hits before but i actually like the story especially when she met lots of people throughout her journey that makes her think about her own life....and of course, as usually, Nakayama Miho is sooo kirei...for those who have doubts on the ending, don't worry....there is an ending. Another point to the drama is that it has lots of great scenery...really like it. Applaud
dunadan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I like the show, very nice and funny, not slow moving at all and I love the fact that she, Kaede is a food connoisseur in her own special way.

BTW, anyone knows where can I get the songs played on the show? I'm not sure how many I think two songs one for the theme and one played at the ending and also during the show itself. I really like the songs, very catchy but I don't know where to find them. Any suggestions for good websites to download japanese songs?
gama1984

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

so far i've only wached ep1 and i find it quiet interesting.. could someone seed the op link from the jem site? thx
Bekkichan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoyed Home & Away Smile It might not hold a candle to some other dramas out there, but the concept was pretty original, the mini-stories were fun, and I loved how Kaede touched the lives of so many people as she was bouncing all over east Asia. The ending was... a surprise, to say the least... but a good one. Nice mix of humor and drama right through to the end.

I managed to find the ending theme, My Faith, several months ago (uwaa, sutekiii~)... but recently I looked for the website where I found it, and I can't seem to find it anymore. :\ The opening, Hello Everybody, continues to elude me as well. I'll report back if I find a good place to download the end theme, and if anyone ever finds a download of the opening, let me know ^_^
eugeneyan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, a very nice drama, quite unique. Concept-wise, a little similar to Food Fight, in which every episode seems to be independent~ Miho Nakayama rulz~ Big Grin
ajb_advance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:50 am    Post subject: Jem Home&Away Reply with quote Back to top

I've had some problems playing the Jem H&A episodes, the problem seems unique to this drama as I can play other things fine. I'm using the latest version of the MS media player (9.0) - I'm not sure if the file is corrupt or I should try another player. I tried the latest divx player, but that was very jerky also. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andy
geoffropuff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

do you have all the latest codecs and things? you may be using, for example, xvid 3.1 when he used xvid 3.2, or something like that. go to www.moviecodec.com and get a program called gspot. it tells you what codecs are used in video files. then make sure you have that codec. if you dont, that site should have it. good luck.
ntlover000

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mine is 'jerky' also... but my problem is my video card isnt performing well enough for the AVI DIVX version. I dont mind this since I used TMPGEnc to convert them to MPEGS so I can burn them in VCD [PAL] format to watch on any PAL enabled VCD player [NORCENT] / trade freely.

Maybe your graphics are too high. I had that problem when I first updated to Windows XP - kicked itself up to High 24 bit Color quality. Switch it down to 16bit* - if that doesnt do it then my guess its the resources are not open to play it smoothly. Sweat

* - located in the Display properties under the Settings tab.
ajb_advance

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the replies. The videocodec site was down but I got GSpot from http://www.headbands.com/gspot/. It seems to imply that the file is corrupt as it can find suitable codecs but fails to render the file correctly. I guess I need to try downloading again, although I'm slightly confused as I thought BT did checks on all the chunks it downloaded so you wouldn't get a problem ?!? Probably my low-spec video card doesn't help, but I don't think it's the cause of this problem.

Thanks for the pointer to GSpot it's a useful tool.

Cheers,
Andy
sephy1024

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The eps run fine on my xbox
Pemu

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ajb_advance wrote:
I'm slightly confused as I thought BT did checks on all the chunks it downloaded so you wouldn't get a problem ?!?
All the BT downloads so far, all of em have been corrupt free.
The "Piece failed/rehash...redownloadin" thing, doesn't affect the file, suppose. It just downloads a missin index. Just redownload the ep, it'll ease your headache. There is nothin wrong with your video card. I'm runnin on an antique GF2 MX Wink
krys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ajb_advance wrote:
TI'm slightly confused as I thought BT did checks on all the chunks it downloaded so you wouldn't get a problem ?

It checks, so it its SUPPOSED to be ok. But you should know better than trust anything claiming to be 100% reliable.

Do crc check on the file and compare the result to the one available on the page.
ajb_advance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krys wrote:
ajb_advance wrote:
I'm slightly confused as I thought BT did checks on all the chunks it downloaded so you wouldn't get a problem ?

It checks, so it its SUPPOSED to be ok. But you should know better than trust anything claiming to be 100% reliable.

Do crc check on the file and compare the result to the one available on the page.

Can you give a link to the tool that does the CRC check?

Thanks,
Andy
Pemu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

krys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:
JTV use MD5 Summer
JTV does not use MD5 Summer.
Pemu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Then what does JTV use for the CRC checks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: