jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Ainori in English
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kairyu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: Is anyone watching Ainori out there? Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone else catch the recent Ainori special on Thursday?

That show has become our (my wife and I) favorite tv show to watch, even more so than the dramas. We've already re-watched the tape three times together and my wife is watching it again right now.
kairyu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Judging from the lack of response I guess not.

Check it out, it has some really dramatic moments! Maybe someone needs to subtitle some episodes. . .
ditmercury

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

make it two people Big Grin
brad2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

Make that three people. I have been watching that show for ages. It is so funny and touching in many ways. Interesting the way they travel through Indonesia especially. They have had such adventures. Have you noticed how really sweet they are with little children?... It breaks your heart when the one offering the ticket back home is refused. Everyone weeps with such genuine feeling.
I was so impressed with the young man who took time off to be inducted as a priest for that time. He has changed since then don't you think.

Brad
rockasoo

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I LOVE Ainori!!

I currently maintain an english AINORI website. I hate to advertise so shamelessly but I really do think it's worth a visit. I update it every week (by Wednesday or sooner) so if you ever miss an episode I can fill you in.

Loads of screenshots as well!

http://ainori.tripod.com

I hope this is useful for you.

Rocky.
Nacho

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Is anyone watching Ainori out there? Reply with quote Back to top

Make that four!!!! I love that show! Too bad it doesn�t have English subtitles.

Thanks for the info Brad, I posted earlier asking about that guy (sorry I don�t know their name) who became a Buddhist monk. I don�t know enough Japanese, but why did he became a Buddhist monk? I felt sorry for that guy at first. He had a crush on many women, but the women choose the other guys. He had an emotional breakdown. I agree he changed. He�s more grown up.
Nacho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the website. It's very helpful, epecially for me. I know little Japanese.

Looks like I'm far behind. The LA station aired the ep. when the group are in Nepal and Kaji and Morikoka Kouei were first introduced. It's great that Kaji came; the girls became threaten. Kaji does know how to flirt--guys are under her spell. She has a nice body, but I don't think she's that pretty. i prefer the one with the nice smile (sorry, i don't know her name).
Nacho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess I'm the only person who is watching Ainori in the so. cal area. Last week, Rii was turned down by Hayato. I felt bad for her because you can tell that she was into him. i guess he liked her as a little sister. To add �the dagger to the heart,� he gave her the handshake. Ouch! In an earlier episode, she turned down the Architect guy--total karma. I thought rii was very cute (great smile), down-to-earth. Well, on with the show�

Her replacement is Miki, who is much cutter. She has a resemblance of a young Tomoyo Harada. The 22-year old can do massages. that's a big plus! I can't believe one of the guys tried to impress her with flowers. real cheesy!!!
Sylvain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:50 am    Post subject: Ainori in English Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, some people have been working real hard to bring you Ainori either with summaries, dialogue translations, and even subtitles!

Check it out @

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=95&lp_lang_view=en

Cheers,

Sylvain
Sylvain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OK, here's my summary for Ainori #282, which is already up @ D-Addicts BTW, and I'm working on the little treat, as usual.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=103&lp_lang_view=en

Cheers,

Sylvain
Sylvain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ainori #282: The Special Treat For Non-Japanese speakers is ready! :-)

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=103

Enjoy,

Cheers.

Sylvain
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you so much for doing the translation for Ainori. You and tonydesu (from d-addicts) deserve much praise. Applaud
Sylvain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:27 pm    Post subject: Ainori #283 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, boys and girls, it's time for the weekly Ainori English summary. Working on the photo captions' translation. Should be ready in one to two days.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=107&lp_lang_view=en

Cheers,

Sylvain
Sylvain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Ainori #283 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, boys and girls, the "Special treat for non-Japanese speakers" is ready. Just click the link at the end of my Ainori #283 summary.

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=107&lp_lang_view=en

Cheers,

Sylvain w00t!
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dude, you have singlehandedly brought this show to the masses. I had never heard of it until I read your blog. w00t!
kokuou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
Dude, you have singlehandedly brought this show to the masses. I had never heard of it until I read your blog. w00t!

Really, dochira?
I used to watch it all the time when I was in Japan. Beaten
Although, once you stop watching it for a while, you lose track of who's who and who they like and all the �O�p�֌W's... bleh
It's a pretty good show, and this is a wonderful service for those who don't understand Japanese. I'd help out, but I have had translation work coming out my ears lately Beaten, so doing "work" in my free time isn't so appealing... hehe... hehe

Anywho, keep up the good work, Sylvain, my fellow Canadien Victory! Peace!

������
dochira

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

kokuou wrote:

Really, dochira?
I used to watch it all the time when I was in Japan. Beaten
Although, once you stop watching it for a while, you lose track of who's who and who they like and all the �O�p�֌W's... bleh

It is very cut-throat it seems, and it's hard to watch some of them go home. And you're right about the triangles. One thing I don't understand is: do they have to give the tickets every episode?
kokuou

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

It is very cut-throat it seems, and it's hard to watch some of them go home. And you're right about the triangles. One thing I don't understand is: do they have to give the tickets every episode?

Nah, only if they want to ���� to someone. Lately it seems like they do it every episode, but back in the day (like 3 years ago), sometimes episodes and episodes would go by without someone ����ing.
Sylvain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ainori #284

The nightmare is over! And what an ending, boys and girls! Nut

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=110

Cheers,

Sylvain

Edit:It's ready! As usual, click the link titled "Special treat for non-Japanese speakers" at the bottom of my English summary, and enjoy!
Sylvain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ainori #285

What a change this week! New country, new girls, it's a brave new world!

http://www.sylvainbouchard.com/wpblog/?p=113

Cheers,

Sylvain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: