jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Movies! Movies! Movies! (Non-Japanese)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 249, 250, 251  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
echidna_leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH...MY...DEAR...SWEET...LORD!!!!! It's true! Haven't seen the trailer yet, but here's some more info.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/finalfantasy7/news_6075905.html

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/451/451541p1.html?fromint=1

It's a direct to DVD CG movie, slated for a 2004 release. Let's hope it's better than FF:TSW. Google
�L���͏�������
�����΂��@���󂵂�
�₦�܂Ȃ��ڂ����ނ���
windrider

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

2004... sure late 2004 one izzt
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Movies Reply with quote Back to top

Okay, you guys must have movies other than Jdoramas, right? If so, what are they?

Here's my list: http://dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=bmwracer

Last edited by bmwracer on Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
arnel98

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually dont have any jdorama movies. Most of what I have are Hollywood stuff like Band of Brothers, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, etc.

I do have anime dvds like NOIR, full metal panic, .hack//SIGN, RAHXEPHON, etc

Location: Le-Ciel, 1F,No.9 IS-Building, 1-13-6, Ebisu, Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan 150-0013

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeap
i love jmovies~
but my list is in irc...
Sweat
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Kill Bill - Volume 1 Reply with quote Back to top

Just saw it today... My review: http://bmwracer.blog-city.com/index.cfm?d=11&m=10&y=2003:

Just got back from seeing Kill Bill and all I can say is that it was pretty good, but I wasn't wowed. Some folks have griped about the plot or the lack thereof, but this film is all about action and carnage. Tarantino seemed too willing to rely on effects (anime, B&W, silhouettes, etc.) for cinematic style and it just seemed too overt. Likewise the swordplay, though quite good (and gory), seems to lack the panache of Sonny Chiba's films or stuff from the Shaw Brothers (FYI, Kill Bill opens with a nod to the Shaw Bros.). Having grown up watching those films makes me a bit jaded, I suppose.

With that said, I loved seeing legend Sonny Chiba as the sushi chef/swordmaster Hattori Hanzo, an obvious nod to Chiba's four ninja series, Kage no Gundan I-IV (Shadow Warriors). At 64 years of age, Chiba looks damn good--I was really hoping to see him whip out a katana and have at it. Oh well. Later, hearing the theme to Chiba's series Yagyu Ichizoku no Inbo (The Yagyu Conspiracy) in the background, put a big ol' smile on my face. Thanks Quentin. Finally, Chiba's early narration in Kill Bill regarding the way of the sword was clearly a reference to the dialog which opens Yagyu Ichizoku no Inbo:

The secret doctrine of the Ura Yagyu (Yagyu Spy) states: "Once engaged in battle, fight to win. That is the first and cardinal rule of battle. Supress all human emotions and compassion. Kill whosoever stands in thy way, even if that be God or Buddha. Only then can one master the essence of the art. Once it is mastered, thou shall fear no one, though the devil himself may block thy way."

Whew. Time for me to dig up those Sonny Chiba tapes and given them a look.

Last edited by bmwracer on Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:14 am; edited 2 times in total
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arnel98 wrote:
Actually dont have any jdorama movies. Most of what I have are Hollywood stuff like Band of Brothers, Lord of the Rings, Matrix, etc.

I do have anime dvds like NOIR, full metal panic, .hack//SIGN, RAHXEPHON, etc

Do you have it cataloged somewhere so we can take a look at your collection?
Ren

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i saw the movie last night and i loved it. The action and the kung fu and samurai movie cliche make it really entertaining. I love that GoGo chick she got some really cool moves. Can't wait to see vol.2
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
amethyst216

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i saw it today too. . .i loved it. . .it was hella sick. . .GoGo is so kool
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw it on opening day the first showing (it made me late for class and the professor was mad at me ^_^). I really loved the movie. I really think Asians were represented in that movie since I come from a town that has few asians. I really enjoyed the mixture of Japanese, english, anime, samurai mentality and fighting. I can't wait for Volume 2!

I just picked up the Soundtrack. I love that song with the trumpets when O-Ren's "crew" walks down the hall of the resturant.

Btw Is the guy who played Hattori Hanzo also the guy who plays Chiyo's father in Shotgun Marriage? I hear this Sonny Chiba fellow is a famous actor in Japan. Also I have to add that Lucy Lui looks cute in a kimono.

*OFF Topic* Ren your signature pic is so damn beautiful. hehe
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey bwmracer I have movies that are not JDorama like Matrix Reloaded Crazy If that is what you mean? You can check out my list in my signature.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Chiba Shinichi, aka Sonny Chiba, is a legendary actor in Japan... Some of his great samurai/ninja series:

Michi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i'm writing almost half of the movies i have and ... pooofff... black out Cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nightcall411

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Seen Kill Bill also Reply with quote Back to top

I loved that movie it was kick ass and funny at the same time I loved everything abotu that movie. HEY did U know there will be a volume 2 AKA part 2 it will come out in Feb. of 2004. GOGO what can I say cute but alittle unusal upstairs, O-ren Ishii I loved the hall way seen that had to be the best camra work of the whole movie, the anime that was so kick ass I did not see that coming ad it was osme great work too. what else can AI say abotu that movie U cant after seeing it, it makes U speechless U know but if U have not seen it yet U got to go see that movie and try to go see it with 15 ppl like I did it is a great movie cant wait for Vol 2. oh yea and the swords were so cool. lmao PUSSY WAGON!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:
LOL...wow that sucks.... is it a long list?... Sorry!
lovelessemotion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

man u lucky guys!!!!!!....i was gonna go see it but i got sick with the flu..now i don't feel like going out! (and kook05 thinks i'm faking it! Mad )
Pemu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Divx or dvd?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Michi wrote:

You should use an online cataloging program like DVDaficionado or similar... Saves you from writing/typing all those titles... Smile
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

aww we're on the same boat loveless, lol im not sick though, im just broke Beaten i heard the movie is too bloody? hehe maybe cuz its from a girl's point of view Rolling eyes shoot i dont care if it is.. cantwait till i get paid hehe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.users.on.net/ruroshin/dvd.xls

When I get some spare time I'll enter in either dvdprofiler or aficionado.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 249, 250, 251  Next
Page 2 of 251

Jump to: