jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese Entertainment News
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 174, 175, 176  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More entertainment news from Japan-zone.com-Your Guide to Japan and Japanese Culture: Big Grin

September 6, 2005

Singer Hamasaki Ayumi (26) made a surprise guest appearance yesterday at the premier of the new movie "Shinobi." Starring Nakama Yukie (25), currently one of the hottest actresses in Japan, the movie features Ayu's "Heaven" as the theme song. The singer's surprise appearance on the stage of the Marunouchi Piccadilly movie theater in Yurakucho, waering the tiniest of mini skirts, sent the audience into a frenzy. Her new song is due for release as a single on September 14, while the movie opens on the 17th.

• The recent Fuji TV 2-part drama "Tsumiki Kuzushi Shinso" did as well as expected in the ratings, managing a respectable 23.5% rating on the second night. A second TV dramatization of a book that has sold over 3 million copies over the last 30 years, it starred Tachi Hiroshi (55) and Sugita Kaoru (40) as the parents of a delinquent daughter, played by Adachi Yumi (23). The original TV series was a social phenomenon when it aired on TBS in 1983, with the final episode achieving a remarkable 45.3% audience rating. The drama dealt with darker aspects of family life that had hardly been touched upon before. It was also made into a movie that same year.

• NHK has announced the title of 2007's taiga drama, the annual extended series that focuses on historical figures. The series will be titled "Fuurinkazan," a phrase that is translated as "as fast as the wind, as quiet as the forest, as daring as fire, and immovable as the mountain." The central figure in the series is Yamamoto Kansuke, a general and master military tactician under the command of legendary warlord Takeda Shingen during the Sengoku Jidai (warring period). The series is based on the writings of Inoue Yasushi (1907-1991) to mark the centenary of his birth.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More entertainment news from Japan-zone.com-Your Guide to Japan and Japanese Culture: Big Grin

September 7, 2005

Fuji TV yesterday announced a special series with the theme of the real-life experiences of women in their prime over the last century. The 3-part series, "Onna no Ichidaiki" (A Woman's Biography) is scheduled to air in the autumn, and will feature three talented actresses, Miyazawa Rie (32), Yonekura Ryoko (30) and Amami Yuki (38). Miyazawa will play the famous writer and Buddhist nun Setouchi Jakuchou, who married while still a student but later abandoned her husband and children, and at the age of 51 entered a monastery. Yonekura will portray the late theater actress Sugimura Haruko (1909-97), who's only vice was said to be men. She was only the third woman to receive an Imperial award for outstanding cultural contributions. And Amami will take on the role of the late singer Koshiji Fubuki (1924-80), a major "chanson" star of the post-war Showa era, whose behind-the-scenes life was even more dramatic than her on-stage appearances. Amami and Koshiji were both stars of the famous Takarazuka all-female theater troupe.

• It may not be very rock 'n' roll, but rock singer Imawano Kiyoshiro (54) has had his bicycle stolen. The order-made "orenji-go" was no ordinary bicycle though, and set the eccentric singer back a hefty \1.6 million. The singer left his bike locked on the street in the Shin-Okubo area of Shinjuku in Tokyo for an hour or so on Sunday evening and found nothing but a severed chain when he came back. He posted a message on his official website asking for his beloved bike to be returned.
sashimi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hehe bmwracer, you take a good deal of care in highlighting Ryoko's name. Mr Green
dochira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Fuji TV yesterday announced a special series with the theme of the real-life experiences of women in their prime over the last century. The 3-part series, "Onna no Ichidaiki" (A Woman's Biography) is scheduled to air in the autumn, and will feature three talented actresses, Miyazawa Rie (32), Yonekura Ryoko (30) and Amami Yuki (38).

Sweet, more things to look out for. Smile

bmwracer wrote:

It may not be very rock 'n' roll, but rock singer Imawano Kiyoshiro (54) has had his bicycle stolen. The order-made "orenji-go" was no ordinary bicycle though, and set the eccentric singer back a hefty \1.6 million. The singer left his bike locked on the street in the Shin-Okubo area of Shinjuku in Tokyo for an hour or so on Sunday evening and found nothing but a severed chain when he came back.

I'm sorry to hear his loss, but you need to lock up bikes with something heftier than a chain.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

September 8, 2005

Soul balladeer Hirai Ken (33) is to mark his tenth year in the business with his first greatest hits album. The as yet untitled double album will contain all his 22 singles and is set for release on November 23. A spokesman for Def Star records said, "When it came to trying to choose from the songs on his albums, we just couldn't narrow it down. We decided to make it easy for fans and just go with all his A-sides." Hirai has amassed 6.5 million single sales to date, including the million-selling "Hitoni wo Tojite" and the theme song to the hit movie "Sekai no Chushin de, Ai wo Sakebu." A version of the album that includes all the videos to his singles on DVD will also be released.

• Members of popular hip hop groups Rip Slyme and m-flo are to team up with fashion designer Nigo (33) to make their recording debut in the US. Ryo-Z (31) and Ilmari (30) from Rip Slyme, m-flo vocalist Verbal, Kaze no Hito's MC Wise, and Nigo as DJ will make up the 5-man unit Teriyaki Boyz. They will release their debut album "Beef or Chicken" on Def Jam Recordings on November 16. Nigo is best known for the A Bathing Ape street fashion brand, which has a huge cult following. He is a friend of Def Jam artist Jay-Z, and got the idea of putting the group together this summer. The album also has a stellar lineup on the production side, with Japan's Cornelius alongside Grammy Award winners the Neptunes, Ad Rock of the Beastie Boys, French artists Daft Punk, and DJ Shadow. The group will hold a launch party in New York and play live dates in five cities towards the end of the year. There are no plans for the members to continue as a group after that.

• A happy follow up to yesterday's story about the stolen bike of rock singer Imawano Kiyoshiro (54). The bike was discovered yesterday close to where it had been stolen, and even had a brand new lock attaching it to a railing. Kiyoshiro will now be able to participate as planned in the Honolulu Century Ride, a 100-mile ride on September 25.
dochira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
A happy follow up to yesterday's story about the stolen bike of rock singer Imawano Kiyoshiro (54). The bike was discovered yesterday close to where it had been stolen, and even had a brand new lock attaching it to a railing. Kiyoshiro will now be able to participate as planned in the Honolulu Century Ride, a 100-mile ride on September 25.

I'm confused. Did the thief just help him out by putting a new lock, or was dumb enough to leave close to where it was stolen and just put a new lock knowing that a puny chain lock is no match for bolt cutters?
bmwracer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:
I'm confused. Did the thief just help him out by putting a new lock, or was dumb enough to leave close to where it was stolen and just put a new lock knowing that a puny chain lock is no match for bolt cutters?

Who knows?? It's very bizarre. Nut
Rinrin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More importantly, does that mean I'll be able to see his bike if I go see the Century Ride? hehe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rinrin wrote:
More importantly, does that mean I'll be able to see his bike if I go see the Century Ride? hehe

lol Hope you take pics, imoto-chan. hehe
Akakage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

LMAO.. rofl I think it must've be one of his fan? doing him a favor secretly.. hehe
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

September 12, 2005

WEEKEND UPDATE: Animated movie director Miyazaki Hayao (64) has been awarded the Golden Lion for Lifetime Achievement award at the 62nd Venice International Film Festival. He can now add the prestigious award to his Golden Bear from the 2002 berlin Film Festival and his 2003 Academy Award, both received for the 2001 feature "Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi" (Spirited Away). Miyazaki wasn't too thrilled when he first heard about winning the award, thinking it only went to "old people" at the end of their careers. But when he heard that active directors like Clint Eastwood and Steven Spielberg were previous winners, he "humbly accepted it." He commented, "I appreciate the festival shedding light on animation, which is just a corner of the vast film industry. Many people say animation is facing a turning point as computers are changing the way it has been, but my way of creating animated films will never change." Festival director Marco Muller enthused about Miyazaki's use of romaticism and humanism, saying that his films always managed to hook the imagination of adult viewers, awakening their "inner child." Miyazaki maintains that the aim of his films is to inspire children.

• Arriving in town at the weekend was Hollywood star Renee Zellweger (36). She's here to promote the latest Ron Howard-directed flick, "Cinderella Man," which is set to open on September 17. About 300 fans were waiting to greet her arrival at Narita Airport. Also on her way today is actress Jessica Biel (23), who'll be here to promote "Stealth." The movie is reportedly strictly for fans of the former model or video games.

• The Yomiuri Giants have reached yet another new low for TV ratings of their live game broadcasts. Their September 7 matchup against the Yakult Swallows managed only a paltry 4.6% audience rating, the first time "Japan's team" have failed to break the 5% barrier.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
More entertainment news from Big Grin
The 3-part series, "Onna no Ichidaiki" (A Woman's Biography) is scheduled to air in the autumn, and will feature three talented actresses, Miyazawa Rie (32), Yonekura Ryoko (30) and Amami Yuki (38). Miyazawa will play the famous writer and Buddhist nun Setouchi Jakuchou, who married while still a student but later abandoned her husband and children, and at the age of 51 entered a monastery. Yonekura will portray the late theater actress Sugimura Haruko (1909-97), who's only vice was said to be men. She was only the third woman to receive an Imperial award for outstanding cultural contributions. And Amami will take on the role of the late singer Koshiji Fubuki (1924-80), a major "chanson" star of the post-war Showa era, whose behind-the-scenes life was even more dramatic than her on-stage appearances. Amami and Koshiji were both stars of the famous Takarazuka all-female theater troupe.

this should be interesting...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
this should be interesting...

Very. Wink
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Very. Wink

guess it'll be coming out in a month or two....it'd be great if there was enough interest in the fansubbing community so that it gets picked up for english subs... Fingers crossed
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
guess it'll be coming out in a month or two....it'd be great if there was enough interest in the fansubbing community so that it gets picked up for english subs... Fingers crossed

Unfortunately, Kimutaku or any of those other "heartthrobs" aren't part of the program, so there's less of a chance, I think. Grumble Sweat Puppy Dog Eyes
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Unfortunately, Kimutaku or any of those other "heartthrobs" aren't part of the program, so there's less of a chance, I think. Grumble Sweat Puppy Dog Eyes

indeed. notwithstanding, i say verily, keep hope alive. with a bit of Good Luck! you never know.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:
indeed. notwithstanding, i say verily, keep hope alive. with a bit of Good Luck! you never know.

Right. Gotta stay positive. Thumbsup
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Right. Gotta stay positive. Thumbsup

yeah like the dude with his outrageously expensive bike....talk about some positively good luck.
dochira

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Tu_triky wrote:

yeah like the dude with his outrageously expensive bike....talk about some positively good luck.

You know that entire situation still confuses me.

About that drama, I'd sub it myself, but I have no idea how long it would take me.
Tu_triky

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

dochira wrote:

You know that entire situation still confuses me.

About that drama, I'd sub it myself, but I have no idea how long it would take me.

no sense in making it your life's work....i don't doubt your generous resolve but better to leave it to those who have a greater facility with the language....especially given the fact that if somebody did pick it up for subbing it would only be a 3 part series. or if you insist....let me know and i'll ship you a few boxes of pocky that you could gnaw on when you get frustrated and run out of beer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Japanese Entertainment Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 68 of 176

Jump to: