jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
SoCal News/Events/etc.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: SoCal News/Events/etc. Reply with quote Back to top

I like to voice my deepest concerns for the memebers of this forum who are in San Deigo right now (not only memebers as well but for everyone in San Diego). I know we have a few who are living down there. San Diego is currently in a state of emergency due to many brush fires located around the county. This has hit me personally because I am a native San Diegan and my friends call me telling me they have been evacuated out of their homes. I hope all the fires in San Diego die out ASAP.

It really is a scary sight. I moved about 20 min North of San Diego and when I looked out this morning it was snowing ash. The sky is a dark ominous orange tint. I have fires to the North (San Bernadino), to the East(Hemet) and to the South of me (San Diego). My town is boxed in Sad with ocean to the West.

Maybe im just being too dramatic right now but I hope all you share my concern

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/West/10/27/california.wildfire/index.html

Satelite view of San Diego county

Last edited by Uchiha Potato on Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm well away from the fires in Torrance, but ashes are dropping outta the sky like snow:

http://bmwracer.blog-city.com/read/326062.htm
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:
I'm well away from the fires in Torrance, but ashes are dropping outta the sky like snow:

http://bmwracer.blog-city.com/read/326062.htm

Tell me about it. I have to be outdoors today out and about. I dont feel like breathing in a buncha smoke today. Maybe I'll walk around with a flu mask and risk ridicule at my college. Wink

that is amazing stuff bwracer. Looks so beautiful yet so deadly.
KIKKOMANdingo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought I had it bad when I washed my car on Friday and it was covered in ash the next day but then I found out that my aunts brother-in-law lost his house (I wasnt aware of the severity, spreading of the fires till this morning). My sympathy goes out to all those who have lost their homes or have been evacuated, its an awful situation to be in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIKKOMANdingo wrote:
I thought I had it bad when I washed my car on Friday and it was covered in ash the next day but then I found out that my aunts brother-in-law lost his house (I wasnt aware of the severity, spreading of the fires till this morning). My sympathy goes out to all those who have lost their homes or have been evacuated, its an awful situation to be in.

Well said.

You'd think they would be able to prevent this from happening since it's that season here in SoCal, but I guess not...
Uchiha Potato

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

KIKKOMANdingo wrote:

I hope none of my friends or family in San Diego that have been evacuated lose thier homes. I almost lost my home in San Diego to a brush fire in 1995. We were right next to the burning brush mountain. I was grateful that my house was spared. I hope everyone down there feels the same gratitude I had.
arashinokoto

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

doesn't loveless live in southern california.. daijoubu ka..? he has mentioned fires near his home.. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
geoffropuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yup, i go to ucsd, and school was cancelled today and tomorrow cuz the air is unnsafe to breathe.
Psiphon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, classes cancelled for today and tomorrow for me, too. Man it stinks out there. And as been said, I sympathize to those who've lost their homes and lives to the fires.
kook05

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hope that none of the forum members and their loved ones are affected and all are well and safe... especially Loveless...
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i was in riverside to visit my parents when the fire was out in san bernardino.. it was actually 20 miles from our place.. i was touched when my friends called or text me to be safe.. oh yeh our driveway were full of ashes -_-

.. same goes to other places, my uncle's old house was also burned for good, if he used to live there he wouldve been burnt too.. plus i heard my sister's friends that lived in san diego were evacuated also and their house got burnt a few hours later Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and all, but uh...saw this thread and wanted to say something too. I'm actually from Northern Cali, but I moved down to Irvine for college a couple years ago. I have friends over at UCSD and UCR too, and this fire stuff is just crazy.

I hadn't gotten the chance to get ahold of my friends at SD so I was interested to hear about classes being cancelled. So, whoever it was that posted about what's going on at UCSD, keep it up. I'm very curious.
niko2x

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Latest count, 17 people has died, and BTW Potato, it might be the worst fire in SoCal ever, even worst than 1995. Seems the fire is too big to be extinguished for now, not to mention the wind is making it harder as well. I, also hope loveless is OK as well. Seems to me that he hasn't been here for a couple of days...Hope all is well, dude.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

niko2x wrote:
Latest count, 17 people has died, and BTW Potato, it might be the worst fire in SoCal ever, even worst than 1995. Seems the fire is too big to be extinguished for now, not to mention the wind is making it harder as well. I, also hope loveless is OK as well. Seems to me that he hasn't been here for a couple of days...Hope all is well, dude.

he's okay.. he was just here this morning.. as in morning for me in singapore.. now 11pm singapore time..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to hear that everyone's safe and sound...

Man, this fire stuff is insane...

Earthquakes, fires, mudslides, car chases.... Why do we live here?? Crazy
BmwM3Rod

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My Honda is covered with ashes. It looks like this Beaten

BMW is in the garage Big Grin

I just washed down the driveway...was covered with ashes.

Feel bad for those who lost loved ones and their homes Sad

Dumb arsonists Angry
ntlover000

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

uh-hmm.. Shake Head
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BmwM3Rod wrote:
My Honda is covered with ashes. It looks like this Beaten

BMW is in the garage Big Grin

I just washed down the driveway...was covered with ashes.

Feel bad for those who lost loved ones and their homes Sad

Dumb arsonists Angry

I hear ya. When I was washin' my car Sunday, the ashes were landing faster than I could clean 'em off... Grrr.. Angry
MixxDreamer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oooh didnt notice u guys are different persons hahaha i was about to say 'why u responding urself' ..welcome new member Mr Green

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is so scary.. i've never seen a bush fire in my life.. will read the news to keep up with it.. Sad hope everyone is okay..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: