jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Japanese Language Questions? Ask Here.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.. can you please teach me a few basics? YOu know, like 'good morning' and so on.. I knew a little.. like 'gomen nasai' = sorry.. will you teach me? Thanks:)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

May I offer my help?
Good morning in Japanese = Ohayo. To be more polite, you say Ohayo Gozaimasu.
oshio_minahmi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hi watashiwa malaysia kara kimashta,nihong go no seito deshta.Dakara skoshi nihongg go wakarimasu.Have you watch Love Revolution?I really like Yabuki's dialogue in a play.But i'm not really sure as my japanese are poor.It goes like this "seikatsu ? sonna mono wa,.......,koi o samai!"Can you please fill in the blank?
Which one is more polite,watashi or boku?
What can we say to those who help us?is it osukaresamadeshta?
I really hope you can help me.Iro iro na arigatou gozaimashta!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Watashi is for guys and gals for "I". Boku is used by guys only for "I". Otsukaresamadeshita means "you have worked hard". Normally said at the end of the day. One would say to their colleagues as they are about to leave the office or even over the phone. I cannot remember what Yabuki said.

Piglet
oshio_minahmi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

arigatou!!can you please translate this for me?
"with your smile,god will always help you"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Roughly can be translated as "Anata no eiga o mitara, kamisama wa itsudemo tasukaremasu"

Piglet
seviyorum

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Genma(�Edeg;�Entilde;�EUuml; �Esup3;�Entilde;: �Eaelig;�Epara;), It's wonderfully kind of you to answer our messages. I'm a newcomer here. and I want badly to learn Japanese too.so far I've learnt some greeting words such as "hajimemashita,dozoyoroshiku. o genkidesuka? ohayougozaimasu. oyasuminasai. daisuki. odaijini. ittekimasu.matane. "also I 've leart Japanese inputting by Romaji .(it's so wonderful!). Although I'm so interested in Japanese (�Euacute;�{�Eecirc; and culture ) I think it hard to master Japanese by myself.I have no Japanese friends around me, nor have I plenty of time to spend on it recently. therefore I'm a bit blue ... I have only seen the Tokyo Love Story ever since. It moved me much. especially the theme "���u�X�g-�Eegrave;-�EIacute; �EEuml;�R�EEacute;�B" I love this song to death. and I love others surrounding musics (such as Good Evening Heartache and Alone in the street,over the stars and so on.) in it. the composer must be a talent. Would you like to tell me how I can get the details about the composer of these musics? �Enbsp;�Eegrave;�Eordf;�EAElig;�Ecurren;�B
By the way, are you a native Japanese? Genma. would you like to clue me in on yourself?
�Eraquo;�Eecirc;�EAring;�EIacute;�EUuml;�Efrac12;�BBEST WISHES!
malorum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another excellent text book series, in my opinion the best for learning Japanese is called "Minna no Nihongo" and is offered in a very large selection of languages. The text book is aimed at beginners and to try to get them quickly to a intermediate/beginner stage in all facets of the language, reading, writing, listening and speaking. The japanese in the book is simple but the grammer explanations are very through and best of all available in your mother tounge. Be it, chinese, korean, french, english or whatever.

Its been proven again and again, that to learn a foriegn language you have to learn it IN that foriegn language. That is very important especially when it comes to japanese. Because alot of people rely on Romaji, and then try to learn Japanese this way. And by doing this people are just setting themselves up to fail in my opinion. Romaji also not very standardized since the chosen spelling of japanese in english varies depending on who is writing it.

The minna no nihongo series teaches you Japanese in Japanese and explains it all in easy to understand examples.

Just thought I might add, that lil tid bit of information on anyone seriously looking to REALLY try to learn Japanese.
wsim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I started learning Japanese recently, I know some basic phrases and such.....

Domo arigato gozaimasu (Polite way of saying thank you very much.)

Keshigomu (Eraser)
Hai, dozo (Yes, here you go.)

Oyasumi nasai (Good night)
Jya mata (See you later.)

Iie, do itashimashite..... (No, you're welcome.)

Just the basics, I'm learning more though.

kei_chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh...well my suggestion will be taking proper course... it costs a bit though... but it's effective and learning fast... help picking up the basic grammar fast... and you can practise in class... better if the teacher is a Japanese...

After one semester I can now chat with my Jap fren from Jap... and able to pick up what he said easily...

And the text book we are using is "Shin Nihongo no Kiso I" which can also be found in Japan Foundation KL's Library... RM10 per year to join the membership.
malorum

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not so sure i agree with you on praticing your japanese in class. As far as im concerned, having conversations in japanese with non-native speakers is probably the worst way to learn japanese. For example being in a classroom setting, if the teacher sets you up to have convo with your peers isnt going to make a major positive impact in your studies! Your going to pickup their bad habits, poor pronounciation, grammer mistakes etc. I would advise studing new grammer or reading text in japanese in the class, but praticing your spoken japanese out of the classroom, in real world situtations with native-japanese speakers. Now of course not all of us can just hop skip and jump over to japan where everyones a native speaker. But, if you are in a situation where you live near a large population of native speakers, or a vast majority of your friends are native speakers take advantage of any pratice you can get. Praticing off of your classmates who cant figure out "Wa" from "Ha" isnt going to get you anywhere.

hrmm..... just my two cents on the comment about praticing in class

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

no worry and U have your points. I do agree with some of them.

But like you've said how many of us can afford to just hop skip and jump over to japan where everyones a native speaker or in a situation where you live near a large population of native speakers, or a vast majority of your friends are native speakers rite...? So we have to take advantage of what we could possibily find... like going for class or watching j-drama(one of the best alternatives to pick up some proper pronunciation)

As for my case, my teacher is a Japanese.. and I spoke to her whenever I can in Jap... and trying out words or sentences that I pick up from the dramas and frens on ICQ... it helps... However, grammar wise I do think attending class is good for basic understanding, maybe not the best...but it sure gives U the basic idea of how to construct your sentences. AND a dictionary.

And I find that if you can read and write Chinese, it helps you learn faster... especially in Kanji, and vocabulary.

Oh well, the above mentioned are just my personal opinions and my way of learning... as a starting point. Somehow the speed of learning varies, it depends on individual's interest, self-discipline and determination.

No doubt the best way is still to be able to hop off to Japan and mix with some native speakers... hoo hoo...I want I want... Nihon e ikitai desu. ^o^;; Sorry, just got too excited whenever I think of Japan.

*just my personal opinions... no offence. Smile Sorry if I did. Oh, and I am still doing my basic level at a local non-profit Japanese center.
teknologik

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Japanese Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I've done one semester of introductory Jap..but think my Japanese
is still a far cry from the average kindergarteners in Nippon Sad ..*sigh*
perhaps we could do some practice here or even in real life!
neko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hello all

I took japanese up to JLPT3. intending to go to language schools to learn. either pyaess or jcs to learn.

tanoshimi ni shite imasu.. ja ne..
100aw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just passed my JLPT Level 3 last year Big Grin Will challenge Level 2 this year. Chotto muzukashi mitai ne!
Mayumi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I took 4 years of Japanese and Passed the Jap Provincial exam with a 61% but I'm still pretty bad at it!! I want to learn more...

So if I come across any words or phrases I'm not sure of then I'll ask you!! Big Grin

Can you please teach me how to speak more Japanese???
Let me know!!
I've been looking for someone to teach me for soooooo long but I couldn't find anyone.... Sad
jpoptearz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I want to learn some japanese from anyone that talks on aim!! I took a semester in class but haven't taken it since than. I really like the language. I've always been saying words like, "chotto matte kudasai, or yuki, or gomen nasai, or ishiteru[don't think I spell it right], I say all these weird words, but I wanna learn sentences! Or poem type things!!
100aw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

So if I come across any words or phrases I'm not sure of then I'll ask you!! Big Grin

Can you please teach me how to speak more Japanese???
Let me know!!
I've been looking for someone to teach me for soooooo long but I couldn't find anyone.... Sad[/quote]

I can try to help but my Japanese is not the fantastic kind Nut
xyz

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

How do you say 'I'll come to you' in JP?

xyz
gLay

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hehe... this is what I can say after learning nihongo fo one year.. Wink it's just a simple language. maybe others, or drama can make this statement more touching.

anata ni kimasu - since nihongo doesn't have future tense..

jaa ne
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Learn Japanese All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 4 of 102

Jump to: