jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Jukunen Rikon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
auroragb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Jukunen Rikon Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't seen it (no subbed version). But it's got like MAD ratings in Japan. It's gonna be the second highest rating of Fall 2005 (unless, HYD gets <18% for the last ep). So I have a few questions:

Why is it not in the Fall 2005 drama list?
Has anyone else seen it?
Is it really that good?
What are the aspects that makes it so topical?
Why has there been no threads on it yet?
qilver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Jukunen Rikon Reply with quote Back to top

auroragb wrote:
I haven't seen it (no subbed version). But it's got like MAD ratings in Japan. It's gonna be the second highest rating of Fall 2005 (unless, HYD gets <18% for the last ep). So I have a few questions:

Why is it not in the Fall 2005 drama list?
Has anyone else seen it?
Is it really that good?
What are the aspects that makes it so topical?
Why has there been no threads on it yet?

i suppose now there is a thread, i actually d/l'ed eps 1-5, but ep's 6/7 was not on d-addicts, not sure why they skipped it... Head Scratch
not sub'd, right, i don't know why it is not sub'd in english, some fan subbers have to sub it, if not, then it will not be subtitled in english.
I basically was interested in it, cause Nana Katase is in the drama, she is so beautiful. Not sure why it was not included in the fall '05 list. It seems ok, but i don't understand Japanese that much, maybe a few words, that's it. I could really use the sub's then i can analyze this drama and tell you how good it is.
yume

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I saw every single episode--and it was boring.

It's about a couple in their 50s or so I guess that gets divorced and their children's lives moving on.

All of the children are the mid to late twenties or 30s, so it's not aimed at young audiences. The story revolves around the divorced wife finding her new niche in life, the father learning how much his wife cared for the family, blah blah.

If you liked Otousan or Oyaji, then this is NOT for you. It's void of humor and is very serious. There's a perfect ending to the whole drama. The only reason I can suspect that it got such high ratings is because there are more elderly people in Japan than youth who watch this kind of morning-drama-turned-evening drama drivel.... The story was really lacking. But that's just my opinion. Grumble
auroragb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the summary Yume, the premise seemed like morning drama material to me too ... If it's as lacking as you say, I hope it's success does not start a trend of moving soap plots into the evening dramas
qilver

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yume wrote:
I saw every single episode--and it was boring.

It's about a couple in their 50s or so I guess that gets divorced and their children's lives moving on.

All of the children are the mid to late twenties or 30s, so it's not aimed at young audiences. The story revolves around the divorced wife finding her new niche in life, the father learning how much his wife cared for the family, blah blah.

If you liked Otousan or Oyaji, then this is NOT for you. It's void of humor and is very serious. There's a perfect ending to the whole drama. The only reason I can suspect that it got such high ratings is because there are more elderly people in Japan than youth who watch this kind of morning-drama-turned-evening drama drivel.... The story was really lacking. But that's just my opinion. Grumble

in terms of action, drama....it only had seriousness, and drama, but absolutely nothing exciting in it, although i can't understand japanese, it would help with subtitles. it got good ratings? i wonder why.....all-star cast maybe? i dunno. Bonk
auroragb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

qilver wrote:

in terms of action, drama....it only had seriousness, and drama, but absolutely nothing exciting in it, although i can't understand japanese, it would help with subtitles. it got good ratings? i wonder why.....all-star cast maybe? i dunno. Bonk
I'm not that in tune with who's who in j-drama cast, but the cast list looks like they are filled with veterans, but no real "head-liners". So there must be something about it that gives it the 19.19% average rating.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: