jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
American Football (NFL, College, etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 237, 238, 239  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmwracer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijin mark wrote:
Denver beats New England, the dynasty is dead Beaten and Shanahan finally wins a playoff game post-Elway

Thumbsup

Five turnovers do them in, the biggest being Champ Bailey's 101-yard interception that wasn't a touchdown: that fool didn't run it out and it almost resulted in a touchback. Shake Head
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijin mark wrote:
Denver beats New England, the dynasty is dead Beaten and Shanahan finally wins a playoff game post-Elway

w00t! w00t! Dancing Dancing
Very good news to me Mr Green

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Racer wrote:
Quote:
Champ Bailey's 101-yard interception that wasn't a touchdown: that fool didn't run it out and it almost resulted in a touchback.
So desu yo ne! I think I saw that ref behind homeplate at the Angels/White Sox playoff game
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What a crazy game between the Colts and Steelers.

Colts failed on a 4th and 17 and Steelers got ball on Colts 2 yrd and Colts caused a fumble....1:09 left in game

Edit: Colts lost on a 46yrd miss field goal kick Shameful Cry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Reality sets in for the Bears, Beat You Carolina going to Seattle
Impression15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Steve Smith...another opponent he's destroyed.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

K.T.Tran wrote:
What a crazy game between the Colts and Steelers.

Colts failed on a 4th and 17 and Steelers got ball on Colts 2 yrd and Colts caused a fumble....1:09 left in game

Edit: Colts lost on a 46yrd miss field goal kick Shameful Cry

Unbelievable.

Colts shoulda known that the Steelers were gonna use the same aggressive pass rush that the Chargers used to defeat them in week 14. Shake Head

Colts fail again, even with the Patriots out of contention. Puppy Dog Eyes
gaijin mark

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If I were a betting man(and I am) looks good for Denver to get back to the Super Bowl. Victory! Peace! They don't lose very often up in that altitude.
K.T.Tran

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmwracer wrote:

Unbelievable.

Colts shoulda known that the Steelers were gonna use the same aggressive pass rush that the Chargers used to defeat them in week 14. Shake Head

Colts fail again, even with the Patriots out of contention. Puppy Dog Eyes

I thought they would've change their game a bit to protect Manning from all that crazy blitz and all.

Manning and the Colts have bad luck in the playoff Shameful Cry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gaijin mark wrote:
If I were a betting man(and I am) looks good for Denver to get back to the Super Bowl. Victory! Peace! They don't lose very often up in that altitude.

I don't like either AFC team... I'd like to see the Seahawks win it all.

Order that I'd like to see win the Super Bowl:

1. Seahawks
2. Panthers
3. Steelers
4. Broncos
Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Jeez! Play-off brain freeze. (Same thing as an ice cream brain freeze, but without the sweet creamy goodness.)

12 hours of watching monsters knock the crap out of each other, just to see the refs screw everything up.

Loved seeing the colts go down. I'm not a Manning fan. Probably because he was annointed the "next great thing" while he was still in college.

I am, however a big Jake Plummer fan. I don't know why people are shocked that Jake is doing better, playing smarter, this season. Shannahan uses Walsh's Niner offensive system. Everyone from Walsh to Montana, to Young, to Shannahan has always said that it takes a QB three years to learn that system and to run it properly.

This is Jakes third year in the system.

Sort of sorry to see the Pats lose. I really enjoy watching their brand of football. They'll be back, real real soon.

I figure the Seahawks will win next week. The Panthers are just about out of running backs now, so I sort of expect Steve Smith to be triple covered.

As for the Steeler/Broncos game. I have to go with the Broncos.

Maybe this headache will be gone by Saturday.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
Loved seeing the colts go down. I'm not a Manning fan. Probably because he was annointed the "next great thing" while he was still in college.

I felt that way about him when he was in college, too (my old boss was a Vol alumnus), but I like his dedication and workman-like approach to the game...

Like Elway, he'll win the Big One eventually.

Quote:
I am, however a big Jake Plummer fan. I don't know why people are shocked that Jake is doing better, playing smarter, this season. Shannahan uses Walsh's Niner offensive system. Everyone from Walsh to Montana, to Young, to Shannahan has always said that it takes a QB three years to learn that system and to run it properly.

This is Jakes third year in the system.

That's what the commentators were saying as well... His bootlegs/roll-outs really seemed to stymie the Pats rush.

Quote:
Sort of sorry to see the Pats lose. I really enjoy watching their brand of football. They'll be back, real real soon.

Didja see Belichick's post game interview? Very very unhappy guy.

I guess that comes from getting spoiled with winning so much.

Quote:
I figure the Seahawks will win next week. The Panthers are just about out of running backs now, so I sort of expect Steve Smith to be triple covered.

Heh, you'd think the Bears vaunted defense woulda figured that out, yet Smith ran rings around them.
Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

BMW

RE: winning the big one. Doesn't always happen. See; Tarkington See; Marino. See; Kelly.

It could happen for Manning. Like Kurt Warner of the rams a few years ago. Keep him safe in the pocket and he'll tear you apart. But make him run, and he'll lose the game all on his own. Manning's game completely falls apart when he has to move out of the pocket.

Re: Belichick's post game interview--- I think he's always like that. He and the Eagles coach, Andy Reid sort of protect themselves from media criticism by being the most boring interviews week and and week out regardless of the outcome of the game.

They're just too dull to bother attacking.

As for the bears and their defense. I couldn't figure that one out.

I have to figure that Ray Rhodes will know better.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geezer wrote:
RE: winning the big one. Doesn't always happen. See; Tarkington See; Marino. See; Kelly.

Yeah, it just hit me.

And like those two, Manning's a pocket passer. Sweat

Uh, what did you think of Manning's comments criticizing his front line for not protecting him well enough? A lot of the media are ripping him for his finger-pointing... Seems a bit overblown to me, other than he said it during the postgame conference in front of all that media coverage... Head Scratch

Quote:
Re: Belichick's post game interview--- I think he's always like that. He and the Eagles coach, Andy Reid sort of protect themselves from media criticism by being the most boring interviews week and and week out regardless of the outcome of the game.

They're just too dull to bother attacking.

I guess so. It was agonizing to watch, that's for sure: I was squirming just to watch him...
Geezer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Belichick? I usually try to spare myself, but I was so hooked into football yesterday I turned right to the NFL network after the games, so I was sort of stuck.

As for what Manning said. Granted, I dislike the guy so I enjoyed seeing him put his foot in his mouth. (The line was to blame, the kicker missed the kick, the refs suck, wa wa wa)

But I cut any pro athlete slack when he has to do interviews right after a game. Media does that on purpose. They want the guy to screw up. Makes for something to talk about.

Remember when they stuck a mic in Walter Peyton's face right after he broke Jim Brown's record? He was too pumped up, too excited, too tired, and even though you knew he'd worked on what he was gonna say... what came out of his mouth was gibberish.
pcmodem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Cut Them Some Slack Reply with quote Back to top

Sweetness, sometimes known as Walter Payton, was a class act. May he rest in peace.

Under no circumstances do you ever disparage your fellow teammates to the media. Problems need to be kept in house and worked out privately.

Saddened to hear that Peyton backstabbed his OL. While I haven't followed his career closely, I expected better of him.

Doing my Simon & Garfunkel impression:
Where have you gone Lott, Walsh, Montana, & Eddie D?
The 49er Faithful turn their lonely eyes to you.
What's that you say, Mrs. Robinson?
York the Dork had buried the Niners today... hey hey hey...

Cry Bang Head ashamed

Cheers, Drunk
PCM
bmwracer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Cut Them Some Slack Reply with quote Back to top

pcmodem wrote:
Saddened to hear that Peyton backstabbed his OL.

That's a gross exaggeration... Sounds like something the media would say for headlines...
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Niners hire Turner as offensive coordinator

By GREG BEACHAM, AP Sports Writer
January 17, 2006

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) -- Norv Turner, fired as coach of the Oakland Raiders two weeks ago, moved across San Francisco Bay to become the 49ers' offensive coordinator on Tuesday.
Geezer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup.

The Norv Turner rumor has been everywhere up here, so it's not a surprize.

Well, turn around (and the old boys network) is fair play. Nolan was Turner's DC at Washington.

I've been tauting Bill Musgrave or Tom Rathman for the job over at my Niner sites... but this doesn't kill me.

Turner was one hell of an OC for the Cowboys in the early '90s.

And the bottom line is... the Niner's offense really couldn't get worse.

And the important thing is, with the Niner coaching staff being picked to coach the Senior Bowl, and the draft coming up fast, it was really important to get someone who knew what he was doing into that job right away.

Good luck Norv.
bmwracer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, had no idea Turner was an OC for the 'Boys... Only knew of his travails as head coach for the 'Skins and Raiders...

Sounds like a decent acquisition for the '9ers...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 71 of 239

Jump to: