jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Rondo
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
juuan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Rondo Reply with quote Back to top

Ronda/�֕��� - TBS
Air Date: 15th Jan 2006
Cast:
Takenouchi Yutaka
Choi Ji Woo (Korean)
Hayami Mokomichi
Kimura Yoshino
Ichikawa Yui

Last edited by juuan on Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
littlemissfab

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YAY!! another moco-chan drama!!! yay!!!! another one to look forward to aside from start line/byakuyakou..

I<3 yamada takayuki.. Big Grin

Last edited by littlemissfab on Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuddenDrama

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, TBS lineup is pretty impressive. I'm definitely watching this one, as well as Byakuyakou.
Orion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm...... the cast is really great, i hope the story will great too......look forward to aside N's Aoi
juuan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Airing today~ =D
atheon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

gonna watch it because got Kimura Yoshino In love
-- Tokyo
YUI Lover: The 1st YUI Forum & Fansite
SuddenDrama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those who don't know the story. This is what I gathered from the website:

Yutaka Takenouchi is Nishijima Sho, a henchman for Kazuma Ryuichiro, the president of a successful corporation but also, unknown to the public, a mafia boss! However, what the mafia group doesn't know is that Nishijima Sho is actually undercover police detective Kaneyama Takumi. He enters the underworld (the mafia) under the orders of his boss, Detective Isaki Yoshihiko and also because his father was killed in South Korea, which he believes was the work of the mafia.

One day, Sho and his friend go to a bar and find a Korean woman being harrassed. He helps her out. The woman is Choi Yoo-na (Choi Ji-woo), a woman who comes to Japan with her sister in search of their father, who went to Japan and never came back. Yoo-na also seems to draw the unwanted attention of Kim Young-jae, a Korean underboss of Kazuma's mafia group summoned to Japan from Korea for "work."

Also in the scene are Kazuma Ryugo, Ryuichiro's son who is set to inherit the corporation (and the mafia), Kazuma Kotomi (Yui Ichikawa), Ryuichiro's daughter who likes Sho (but the love is unrequited), and his Korean aide/secretary for business (and mafia) affairs, Song Gyu-hwan.
yt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to this w00t!

A wallpaper from official site

diana

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

certainly looking forward to watch this dorama... noted the actors and actresses (which are all my favourites) Yutaka takenouchi, Choi Jii woo, HAYAMI MOKOMICHI...... i really gonna watch this one....
SuddenDrama

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, even without the whole Korean/Japanese angle, the STORY looks really cool. The title, Rondo, makes complete sense given the storyline, too. A Rondo is a form of classical music in which a main theme alternates between one or more contrasting themes. Similarly, the characters alternate between different identities, though it is probably more uncertain which is their "main" identity.
SuddenDrama

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HOLY CRAP! I finished the first episode, and it was like a movie! The quality of this production is probably the best I've ever seen. I wonder what the budget on this was. It was probably high.

The story is really intriguing and the acting is great. The miscommunication between the 2 leads created some funny situations, which kind of breaks the tension of the very serious subject matter.

This didn't disappoint at all. The first episode definitely lived up to the hype, and the intro and outro songs, both by unknown artists (a Japanese singer and a Korean one) are really good and suit the drama.
WD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The first episode rating is 20.0%. Really falls behind Saiyuki's 29.2%, though...

colorbar credits to nannandesuka@LJ
lisa_takky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow great cast and an interesting storyline. Yeap..definitely looking forward to watching this drama
Carmila

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

must watch !!! cuz got yutaka !!!!!!!!!!!
Orion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WD wrote:
The first episode rating is 20.0%. Really falls behind Saiyuki's 29.2%, though...

hmm....that's good start...i think.... Thumbsup
yume

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did anyone feel like the script heavily played up on Korean's dislike of Japan? At every chance, normal things would issue a, "Japan is a horrible country," or "Never trust a Japanese," or "This is why you can't trust Japanese men," or "Though I may be doing business with a Japanese, I wish to speak in Korean because I am proud to be Korean" from any Korean actor on the screen. Did anyone think that this was stereotyping or overkill? I definitely felt like it was. Meanwhile, the portrayal of the Japanese was varied and multifaced. I hope this changes in episode two, giving Koreans more than just being poor, downtrodden emigres or gang members.

I was also surprised to see that Choi Ji Woo's normally OVER-THE-TOP acting style was toned down by the "film-like quality" (somene mentioned that here, and the budget DOES seem big, doesn't it?! Big Grin) of RONDO. The ending scene with Takenouchi and Choi gazing off into the sky was all too Korean-dorama-esque for me, but at least it wasn't the entire time.
Takenouchi is an extremely good actor, and it was nice to see that Choi could keep up, even if a bit awkward somehow in some scenes.

The sister of Choi's character, Yuna, is completely negligent for me, haha. Couldn't care less about her. Though I realize her necessity in the whole plot of things.

Was anybody else confused by the first scene and thought that Takenouchi's father was a gang member???
SuddenDrama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

At times it did seem more like a Korean drama than a Japanese one. I think the Japanese are just as bad as the Koreans in this one, like the club owner that cheated Yuna out of her money and of course the Kazuma family, which is the ultimate evil in the storyline. Yuna and her sister seem to be the innocent ones caught in this inter-generational crossfire between the police and the "senku" mafia, (though I think there is much more to their story than meets the eye. Their missing father may yet have something to do with the at-large plot).

And there's DEFINITELY something more to Sho's father than meets the eye. From my POV, he was either undercover like Sho is now, or he was a cop working for the Senku.
Divinefish

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, i agree that choi's usual maudlin, overly emotional acting style was alittle more controlled here, but man, yutaka takenouchi has so much screen presence, he totally stole every scene that they were in together. between choi and takenouchi, its blantantly obvious that he is by far the superior actor.
jdramas are usually alot more subdued and less "in your face" than kdramas are, so even though choi has toned down her melodramatic acting alittle, she still comes across as somewhat out of place in this drama. rondo does have alot of kdrama sensibilities though, from the way the scenes are framed, to the music, to the ways that the characters interact -- everything just seems alittle more melodramatic and overthetop than your usual jdrama.
yume

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Divinefish wrote:
yeah, i agree that choi's usual maudlin, overly emotional acting style was alittle more controlled here, but man, yutaka takenouchi has so much screen presence, he totally stole every scene that they were in together. between choi and takenouchi, its blantantly obvious that he is by far the superior actor.

YOU GOT THAT SOOOO RIGHT! hahaha. He RULES the screen. Applaud
qilver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Orion wrote:

hmm....that's good start...i think.... Thumbsup

yeah 20% for the first episode, that is quite good. Applaud

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> Discussions on Japanese Dramas All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: