jdorama.com Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister  Log inLog in 
Top 100
Top 100
Spring 2019   Summer 2019   Fall 2019   Winter 2020  
Jem Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
akiramike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:20 pm    Post subject: Jem Thread Reply with quote Back to top

On Jem's site, he mentions that he is going to stop seeding HK and Kdramas. Is he going to continue Jdramas on bt?
ruroshin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think its only HK drama. Its sad that he's gonna stop bting hkdrama because of leech and runners. Angry
smallangel1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

People if u guys don't want Japanese dorama to be stop seeding
than stop leeching and start seeding for others!!!!
Big Grin
Michi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i tried to leech At the threshold of an era before but no seed at all Shake Head
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ajb_advance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

smallangel1 wrote:
Big Grin

How did you work that out?
hakurey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

smallangel1 wrote:
Big Grin

technically you have to leech before you seed Big Grin lol... i know what you mean hehe
Pemu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*sarcasm* At least less workload for him on seeding since HK dramas are so draggy and they last up to 50 eps or more *sarcasm ends*
sephy1024

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

And has anyone really noticed how many hk dramas he has been seeding lately? Thats going to save a lot of time and effort encoding. JEM does actually have a life outside encoding and seeding.

and Im confused as to why the question about jems jdorama encodes was evert asked becasuse
a) jem keeps threatening it
b) if you read the part after he mentiones the hk seeds stopping (which you did), he says that the same will happen to other dramas if people don't help ouit.

Its not a new threat and it won't go away anytime soon. While there are other places to leech the eps (usually faster as well), if he doesn't feel it is worth him even encoding them - then there won't be ANY place to get them from

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

If you don't help out, then don't complain when more dramas get stopped
Evilryu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lucky me, I only watch jdramas!
Ren

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I watch j and k drama. Hopefully both will still be shared. Big Grin

Last edited by Ren on Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Takez0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ruroshin wrote:
I think its only HK drama. Its sad that he's gonna stop bting hkdrama because of leech and runners. Angry

I talked about that on the other thread, HK drama doesn't have much interest, and the ones that download almost never seed it after finishing it. HK drama dubbed in Mandarin makes no sense to me Crazy
niko2x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Takez0 wrote:
I talked about that on the other thread, HK drama doesn't have much interest, and the ones that download almost never seed it after finishing it. HK drama dubbed in Mandarin makes no sense to me Crazy
If the interest is that low, maybe jem SHOULD stop that service...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

HK drama dubbed in mandarin does sound strange but the same is true if taiwan drama is dubbed in catonese - I avoid it but then again, not everyone understands the languages anyways so it really makes no difference....I think one of the main problems of why the interest in HK drama is so low is that most of the HKdrama JEM subs are kind of the uninteresting dramas (but that's mostly just a personal preference I guess - I tried watching them in cantonese and they were just boring)...he doesn't sub the ones that are really interesting to watch....

If you think about it: a lot of the HKdramas tend to run over 30 eps.....whereas Jdrama is only usually 12 eps max...less chance for leechers missing eps and for JEM it's just easier to sub 8-12 eps to finish a series then 30-40 eps....
Audril

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

GhstDreamer wrote:
HK drama dubbed in mandarin does sound strange but the same is true if taiwan drama is dubbed in catonese - I avoid it but then again, not everyone understands the languages anyways so it really makes no difference....I think one of the main problems of why the interest in HK drama is so low is that most of the HKdrama JEM subs are kind of the uninteresting dramas (but that's mostly just a personal preference I guess - I tried watching them in cantonese and they were just boring)...he doesn't sub the ones that are really interesting to watch....

If you think about it: a lot of the HKdramas tend to run over 30 eps.....whereas Jdrama is only usually 12 eps max...less chance for leechers missing eps and for JEM it's just easier to sub 8-12 eps to finish a series then 30-40 eps....

Most HK dramas last 20 episodes, some of them reach 30+. There was even one that lasted 1000+ episodes approx 5-6 years ago.
Pemu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Audril wrote:

There was even one that lasted 1000+ episodes approx 5-6 years ago.
Buahahaha! Mr Green Talk about the US and the the British soaps! Coronation Street has been running since 1960 and still runnin!!! Google
Bold and the beautiful been runnin more that a decade and half!
Oh dear! Even HK/K/jdramas are no match for them Rolling eyes hehe
neefo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

some HK dramas are okay. but some of the ones JEM encodes are really kinda boring. different flavor i guess. no harm if he wants or doesn't want to do it. as long as he doesn't stop the good ones Smile

personally i think he should not do that much. it will inevitably become like that. so.....

as for his rants. that's jem. Beaten
ajb_advance

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Pemu wrote:
Coronation Street has been running since 1960 and still runnin!!! Google

I'm happy to say I've never watched Coronation Street, but I do occasionally listen to the Archers (a radio series) - which started in 1950!!! I think it's the worlds longest running broadcast series.
GhstDreamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Audril wrote:

Most HK dramas last 20 episodes, some of them reach 30+. There was even one that lasted 1000+ episodes approx 5-6 years ago.

I haven't watched many HK dramas that are only 20 eps...though I guess some of the more recent ones have been and I think they suffer a lot for cutting them down....A good number of episodes for HK dramas should run 30 eps. I luv watching both jdrama and hkdrama but I don't watch a jdrama thinking I'm watching an hkdrama and vice versa....there's a lot of differences between the two (and I don't mean language Bleah) A lot of the times, a jdrama throws the audience right into the story and gets the action or plot going right away without any sidetracking, with only a max of 12 eps I don't think they can do a lot of sidetracking of secondary characters - often the development of the secondary characters are filtered through the main characters....whereas, hkdramas tend to do a side stories to develop secondary characters. Anyways those are just my opinions.....

btw, I think that series is Seasons but that was more than 5 or 6 years ago unless if there is also another one too - and it was ummmm...not that good to me....but alot of people liked it.. Big Grin
Ren

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I know in the old days man i used to watch this show calledm Legend of the Condor Hero it lasted like 65+ ep. It was in the early 80's
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Smiley_18

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering how to get to Jem's site. I don't know the link. THanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    jdorama.com Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: